Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 261

Thread: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

  1. #231
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    That's ridiculous. They don't need to detain anyone to determine why they were called. All they have to do is ask the person who called.

    Unless he is under arrest he has a right to leave.
    Nope. They had a reasonable suspicion that this man could have been involved in a crime. That is good enough to detain him until they find out.

    You are wrong. You don't have a right to leave during a legal detainment. I have already posted this.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #232
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    You understand the irony of saying that in a story involving a police officer lying to get away with killing another human being right?
    Do you know which story you are responding in? Although I have been involved in posting in the Brown shooting, this is not that story. This is an incident involving a man who was tased while being arrested. He is very much alive and no bullets were shot or sidearms even removed (from the reports I have seen) during this incident.

    Also, I have seen no evidence that either these police officers or Wilson have lied so far.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #233
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    Also, the video I saw showed this man walking away. If the police were there to have him leave and he was leaving, why didn't the cops just let him leave?
    To arest him for not leaving the first time he was asked.

    Lollie was going to be arested no matter what that day, because he refused to leave when security asked him.

    Are we gun owners the only people who know that you have to leave the first time asked? Must be.

  4. #234
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    In order for people to have authority over me in a 'free' society I must agree to it. It's works on the same principle as a guard you hire for your business just on a bigger scale. Again, just because you can issue aggression towards someone doesn't mean they agreed to anything.
    America is not a free sociaty. We are free'er than others relativly, but we are not free objectivly. No one is.

  5. #235
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I have a problem with that too. Why should I be required to have a license and registration to drive a car that is mine on a road that apparently I own? What is that about?

    Hell, if I own the road then what exactly is the deal with speed limit laws? Why can't I drive however fast I damn well please?
    Its about paying for the road, paying for any damage you cause to someone else, making sure you actualy know how to drive in the first place, and oh yeah you don't own the road.

  6. #236
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    Its not illegal for them to ASK you for your ID, but it is illegal for them to demand you show ID. There is a difference.
    You are required to identify yourself while being detained. Refusing to identify yourself is the crime of obstruction.

  7. #237
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    To arest him for not leaving the first time he was asked.

    Lollie was going to be arested no matter what that day, because he refused to leave when security asked him.

    Are we gun owners the only people who know that you have to leave the first time asked? Must be.
    I'm not saying what the police could do, I'm talking about what the police should have done.

    BTW, I am a gun owner, a gun supporter and a CCL holder. Don't think that you speak for all gun owners just because you are in the military.

  8. #238
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    Chez...I don't think you know what your talking about. Until you put on a uniform with a badge (or a target) on it, you have no idea. Cops HAVE TO have that authorative personality. They have firearms on them and to ensure the safety of the people they encounter, they have to be stern and clear with their orders so they can maintain control of the situation. When they are good at doing that, everyone survives the situation just fine.
    Capster...I know you don't know me from Adam. Until you do, don't speak on what I know or don't know. I interact with police on a damn near daily basis. I see the difference in them when they "switch it on". When their demeanor and attitude with me is no longer the friendly, joke filled, playful back and forth and when they have to perform their duties as a LEO. But guess what? There are some who are cool and professional and there are some that are strokes. Just like everyone else. There are some who know t's their job, what their job is and handle their business in a manner which best resolves whichever conflict they encounter they understand because they are mature, they don't need their badge for balls, they know that the hammer isn't the only tool in the toolbox. Then you've got the Billy Badasses whose balls are in their badge and don't know how to use any other tool but the hammer.

    I mean Jesus H. when the hell did acting like a prick, demanding everyone bend to your will because you got a badge make you a professional and when the hell did the citizens of these United States become so god damn subservient...

    Esto Vir! Be a man! Too much authority has been given to the LE community and too much leeway for their behavior.

  9. #239
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    I'm not saying what the police could do, I'm talking about what the police should have done.

    BTW, I am a gun owner, a gun supporter and a CCL holder. Don't think that you speak for all gun owners just because you are in the military.
    Where did you read that Mr.Lollie is a gun owner?

  10. #240
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Where did you read that Mr.Lollie is a gun owner?
    Either I totally misread your posting or you misread mine. I'll take the blame. Please restate what you meant.

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •