Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 261

Thread: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

  1. #211
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    If I did I wouldn't say it online since the government considers them terrorists.
    I asked because a former friend of mine from years ago now pastors (if you want to call it that) a church that is eat up with this BS.

  2. #212
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    So what you're saying is that your consent to someones authority over you doesn't matter. Maybe the teens you're making fun of were right and you're wrong. Ever think of that?
    That first is precisely what I'm saying. In the context of this discussion, that's the absolute reality of your situation. And it doesn't matter if they think they're right, or if you do, the outcome in reality will be the same. Like it or not you're part of a group, a society, whether you thought you joined or quit, just doesn't matter. The group you are part of, perhaps even in your case involuntarily, calls the shots. The only power or rights you have in that is to participate in the group's decisions.

  3. #213
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    That first is precisely what I'm saying. In the context of this discussion, that's the absolute reality of your situation. And it doesn't matter if they think they're right, or if you do, the outcome in reality will be the same. Like it or not you're part of a group, a society, whether you thought you joined or quit, just doesn't matter. The group you are part of, perhaps even in your case involuntarily, calls the shots. The only power or rights you have in that is to participate in the group's decisions.
    I purposely don't particiate because I don't consent to their organization and I don't desire to be a member of it. I can't revoke my membership, WHICH I NEVER ASKED FOR without joining another association I don't want to be a member of. I'm effectively a slave.

    The least the organization can do is give me an out without requiring me to join another organization.
    Last edited by Henrin; 08-31-14 at 05:49 PM.

  4. #214
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I purposely don't particiate because I don't consent to their organization. I have no desire to be a member of it, but I can't revoke it without joining another association I don't want to be a member of. I'm effectively a slave.
    From your chosen perspective, yes, then you are. Tough cookies that's the life you were born into and it's not going to change. What can change is your perspective. Usually happens to those teens I mentioned as they grow up. But not always apparently.

  5. #215
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    From your chosen perspective, yes, then you are. Tough cookies that's the life you were born into and it's not going to change. What can change is your perspective. Usually happens to those teens I mentioned as they grow up. But not always apparently.
    Reverse for me. When I was younger I was very much into governance, but after years of getting to know the nature of governance I came to realize I don't want to be a part of it. That governing a man requires consent and without that consent governance is nothing but evil. Hell, even with that consent it's pretty evil.
    Last edited by Henrin; 08-31-14 at 05:54 PM.

  6. #216
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    No it doesn't. Cops have proven time after time that they are unworthy of trust an d that they are willing to lie to get away with murder.
    No, they haven't. Most police officers do their job and do it because they care about people and justice and maintaining some peace. The vast majority of police are completely worthy of our trust. Unfortunately, people don't trust them because they judge police officers on the actions of a small few. Which is ironic since it is one the most common things that police officers are accused of doing that people say is the reason why they don't trust police officers.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #217
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    I agree rogue. However add in the element of folks who don't like police because they are engaged in criminal activity and just don't think they ought to be stopped. Then there's the hypocritical asshats who think everyone else should be policed but they themselves should be exempt.

  8. #218
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    No, they haven't. Most police officers do their job and do it because they care about people and justice and maintaining some peace. The vast majority of police are completely worthy of our trust. Unfortunately, people don't trust them because they judge police officers on the actions of a small few. Which is ironic since it is one the most common things that police officers are accused of doing that people say is the reason why they don't trust police officers.
    Before I transferred to get my masters I went to community college to save some money. They had some criminal justice courses there and guess who I saw enrolled? The dude that I sent to the hospital for giving me **** in high school. lol. That's pretty ****ing funny. He probably didn't know much else except bullying other people around though.

  9. #219
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Before I transferred to get my masters I went to community college to save some money. They had some criminal justice courses there and guess who I saw enrolled? The dude that I sent to the hospital for giving me **** in high school. lol. That's pretty ****ing funny. He probably didn't know much else except bullying other people around though.
    There are plenty of morons in criminal justice programs. That doesn't mean most of them go on to be in law enforcement. I had lots of idiots and jerks in my criminal justice classes too. Most of them didn't make it through the program. There were also a number of people who were there for those reasons I mentioned, because they legitimately wanted to help people.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #220
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,123

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    It is about the reasoning. Bully's use violence or force to intimidate people for their personal gain. That is not what police officers do. They are enforcing the laws and trying to maintain public peace.

    The police officers in this situation could not simply allow a person to walk away when they need information from that person. They had a report of someone trespassing. It is their job to find out the information of the case. Why the guy was there when he was told not to be by a representative of the owner of the property (the security guard) and who he is was relevant to the situation. He refused to give that information. This is hindering a police investigation. Then he tried multiple times to simply leave when he was being detained by the police, further hindering the investigation of the complaint. It doesn't matter if his children or any children were there at the time. That is irrelevant to the situation.

    What is the definition of being detained by a police officer



    This is what happened. He was being detained by the police because they had a "reasonable suspicion" that a crime had occurred because they had gotten called by the security officer. This means that they had a right to investigate that "crime", including detaining the "suspect". He starting walking away and never asked if he could leave. He should not have felt free to leave since he was told not to several times by the police. Had he not continued to try to leave, then he wouldn't have been arrested. Had he then not resisted arrest, he would not have been tasered.
    Bullies are bullies to boost their frail self confidence. Nothing more. They are pathetic. It is what police officers do, not all of them, not all the time, but they do. The badge gives them balls.

    To the rest I can only reiterate what I had said to Jerry, and that is we have a philosophical difference in how much liberty we give our authority.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •