Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 261

Thread: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

  1. #191
    Guru
    Mustachio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,581

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    For some weird reason, I've been watching this terrible tv show called Campus PD which is like Cops but only about college kids. This incident makes me think of the show, because the cops have this attitude that they'll help you as long as you bend over backwards to make their jobs easier. In the one I watched last night, the cop responded to a noise complaint and was let into the house by a person who very, very clearly said they didn't live there. The kid who did live there complained that they had entered his house without his approval, so the cops handcuffed him and detained him in a squad car, then said they were giving him a citation only because he argued with them and he wouldn't have received it had he shut up.

    Those cops are horrible, and it's just like the cops here. Police officers shouldn't treat people differently because they want to be assertive about protecting their rights. If I were in this guy's situation, I would have given them my ID, just like if I were the kid in the stupid Campus PD show, I would have done exactly what they told me to do. But I admire anybody who politely refuses to do something they feel is unfair and illegal (or at the very least, against standard procedure).

    I'm from Minneapolis, and what a lot of people probably don't know is that the skyway is a series of elevated tunnels connecting major buildings in downtown and it is a public place. There are homeless people who basically live there. If you're sitting in a chair in the skyway, it shouldn't be a private place and you would never have any reason to believe that it is a private place. I've heard a lot of people talking about this issue and saying that they've sat in the same place and nobody came up to them complaining that they were sitting there. This man was unfairly targeted and whether or not the police did anything illegal is secondary to that point - to me at least.
    A working class hero is something to be

  2. #192
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,008

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    I think the average person needs to convince themselves that police authority, and its ways of becoming almost absolute, is not a problem. Its like they are bleeding from their asshole so turn off the lights instead of seeing the doctor. I mean... If the average cop would lie in a report then imagine what America does to war prisoners and stuff. Cant afford to think about these sorts of things. To them police are blanket-permit messiahs.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  3. #193
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Nope...sorry...you are projecting. I believe you are thinking of someone else.

    As for all that other stuff...well...go ahead try it. Pull out the 'I knows mah rights' card or the 'you aren't the boss of me' or 'I don't have to do what you tell me to do' when there has been a police complaint lodged and you are the suspect. Make sure you have someone record it and post it on the YouTube...especially the part where you get tazed and turn from defiant rebel to docile little girl shrieking I'm not resisting!!! I'm not resisting! Those are always a lot of fun to watch.
    No, I'm not thinking of someone else. I remember your posts well from just last week in a thread about the prisoner that is suing the prison. It is a fact that prison guards are responsible for many of the rapes that happen in prison and here you are making arguments that belittle those prisoners and making it a point to say you were a prison guard. Was I not supposed to notice?

    As for the rest of your argument, anyone can issue violence onto others and claim they have authority over them. It means nothing and does not mean in any sort of way that the police officers authority was consented to by the individual they are being violent towards. Just because someone screams for an aggressor to stop and pleads for their own life/safety does not mean they consented either.

    I'm being defiant because I did NOT consent to the police authority over my person. It's the same thing I used to do back when I was grade school and a bully was giving me ****. Hell, its the same ****ing thing just decades later. The behavior of the parties in play is exactly the same.
    Last edited by Henrin; 08-31-14 at 03:40 PM.

  4. #194
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,663

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No, I'm not thinking of someone else. I remember your posts well from just last week in a thread about the prisoner that is suing the prison. It is a fact that prison guards are responsible for many of the rapes that happen in prison and here you are making arguments that belittle those prisoners and making it a point to say you were a prison guard. Was I not supposed to notice?

    As for the rest of your argument, anyone can issue violence onto others and claim they have authority over them. It means nothing and does not mean in any sort of way that the police officers authority was consented to by the individual they are being violent towards. Just because someone screams for an aggressor to stop and pleads for their own life/safety does not mean they consented either.

    I'm being defiant because I did NOT consent to the police authority over my person. It's the same thing I used to do back when I was grade school and a bully was giving me ****. Hell, its the same ****ing thing just decades later. The behavior of the parties in play is exactly the same.
    No...you dont remember them anywhere near as well as you think you do. Try again.

    The first time, its a mistake. Repeat it...its a lie. But you are more than welcome to produce the posts to prove it. I'll give you a hint though...I think you are probably referencing "CriticalThought" and not me. But...feel free to try and back up your allegation. You will find you are mistaken. I wonder if at that point you will have the grace to apologize.

    The guy was being a dick to the security guards and he had the cops called on him. When the cops showed up, he tried to haul ass and then refused to so much as give his name. Sorry...it doesnt work that way.

  5. #195
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    No...you dont remember them anywhere near as well as you think you do. Try again.

    The first time, its a mistake. Repeat it...its a lie. But you are more than welcome to produce the posts to prove it. I'll give you a hint though...I think you are probably referencing "CriticalThought" and not me. But...feel free to try and back up your allegation. You will find you are mistaken. I wonder if at that point you will have the grace to apologize.
    No, he made his pro rape post on the first page and from what I recall never came back. From his post you can guess what actions he took part in as a prison guard with a pretty good chance of being right. You took a while to get the point home, but you made it none the less.

    As for saying sorry, no, I will not apologize to a ex-prison guard. That is something that will not happen. Throw me in a cell with a rapist if it makes you feel better.

    The guy was being a dick to the security guards and he had the cops called on him. When the cops showed up, he tried to haul ass and then refused to so much as give his name. Sorry...it doesnt work that way.
    So where the cops.

  6. #196
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,663

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No, he made his pro rape post on the first page and from what I recall never came back. From his post you can guess what actions he took part in as a prison guard with a pretty good chance of being right. You took a while to get the point home, but you made it none the less.
    As for saying sorry, no, I will not apologize to a ex-prison guard. That is something that will not happen. Throw me in a cell with a rapist if it makes you feel better.
    So where the cops.
    You arent running a very good track record of being 'right' about 'anything', are you. I was never a prison guard, never represented myself as a prison guard, and never celebrated or endorsed that the child molester that was raped in prison be raped in prison. I said I worked in a prison and did...as a group therapist working closer on a day to day basis with prisoners than most people that pretend to give a **** about them could ever imagine. You are lying and when that reality is proven, you cant even admit that. Your credibility is for ****. But really...thats OK. wouldnt expect anything more from you.

    As for all this other inane childish bull**** about your rights..the simple fact of the matter is the individual was trespassing...he was told he had to leave. He by HIS OWN ADMISSION jawed at the security guards for 16 minutes during which time they called the police on him for committing an illegal act. The police LEGALLY responding to a criminal complaint and the criminal suspect...a complete and total doucheba that CREATED the whole situation, then CONTINUED being a douchebag and refused to cooperate with an investigation of an alleged criminal act at which time he was apprehended. Period. That you and others are whining about how his rights were violated is just stupid and childish.

  7. #197
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    You arent running a very good track record of being 'right' about 'anything', are you. I was never a prison guard, never represented myself as a prison guard, and never celebrated or endorsed that the child molester that was raped in prison be raped in prison. I said I worked in a prison and did...as a group therapist working closer on a day to day basis with prisoners than most people that pretend to give a **** about them could ever imagine. You are lying and when that reality is proven, you cant even admit that. Your credibility is for ****. But really...thats OK. wouldnt expect anything more from you.

    As for all this other inane childish bull**** about your rights..the simple fact of the matter is the individual was trespassing...he was told he had to leave. He by HIS OWN ADMISSION jawed at the security guards for 16 minutes during which time they called the police on him for committing an illegal act. The police LEGALLY responding to a criminal complaint and the criminal suspect...a complete and total doucheba that CREATED the whole situation, then CONTINUED being a douchebag and refused to cooperate with an investigation of an alleged criminal act at which time he was apprehended. Period. That you and others are whining about how his rights were violated is just stupid and childish.
    You can capitalize the word legally all you want. It doesn't change my argument at all. Imposing your authority over me when I never consented to it is still the reality of the situation in my argument. Saying it is legal has absolutely no effect on my argument. Guess what? I didn't consent to being governed either. Just because the guy was a douchebag doesn't mean anything either. He has all the right in the world to be a douchebag to anyone he desires.

    If what you say about yourself is true all it changes is that you benefited from the actions of prison guards instead of taking part in them yourself. I still have no intention to apologize to you.

  8. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    The police do not have a right to demand we identify ourselves if we've done nothing wrong. Although such practices are common in Europe, this is America.
    Also, the video I saw showed this man walking away. If the police were there to have him leave and he was leaving, why didn't the cops just let him leave?

  9. #199
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,663

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You can capitalize the word legally all you want. It doesn't change my argument at all. Imposing your authority over me when I never consented to it is still the reality of the situation in my argument. Saying it is legal has absolutely no effect on my argument. Guess what? I didn't consent to being governed either. Just because the guy was a douchebag doesn't mean anything either. He has all the right in the world to be a douchebag to anyone he desires.

    If what you say about yourself is true all it changes is that you benefited from the actions of prison guards instead of taking part in them yourself. I still have no intention to apologize to you.
    Believe me when I say I had no expectation for you to take personal responsibility for your own words. "Personal responsibility"...thats just a cute catchy phrase for you, isnt it. Thats rhetorical BTW...not a question.

    Law Enforcement in a society of laws engages when people are accused of committing crimes. Its cute that you think they have no 'authority' over you.

    Dont forget the video when its your turn...k?
    Last edited by VanceMack; 08-31-14 at 04:46 PM.

  10. #200
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: "I'm Not Your Brother," Officer tazes Man in Front of His Children.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Believe me when I say I had no expectation for you to take personal responsibility for your own words. Personal responsibility"...thats just a cute catchy phrase for you, isnt it. Thats rhetorical BTW...not a question.

    Law Enforcement in a society of laws engages when people are accused of committing crimes. Its cute that you think they have no 'authority' over you.

    Dont forget the video when its your turn...k?
    In order for people to have authority over me in a 'free' society I must agree to it. It's works on the same principle as a guard you hire for your business just on a bigger scale. Again, just because you can issue aggression towards someone doesn't mean they agreed to anything.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •