Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 158

Thread: Pentagon: No evidence of ISIS at border

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Pentagon: No evidence of ISIS at border

    Yeeeeah. If a guy comes running toward my home with a cloth over his head and face showing only his eyes yoodling " ahhhhlalalalahhhhh" I'm popping the ****er in the head. Just sayin.

  2. #52
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,143

    Re: Pentagon: No evidence of ISIS at border

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    If I had to count on one or the other to know things about international affairs, I'd go with the DoD over Perry.
    If I had to count on one or the other to not blow hype, I'd go with the DoD over Perry.

    Sure the DoD makes mistakes.
    But the DoD admits mistakes, holds people accountable for mistakes, and actively attempts to prevent the same mistakes from being made again.
    I can't think of any politician who does the same.
    We here in Texas (under the direction of Perry) are spending cash and actually helping to protect the US southern border, while the DoD is giving us 2 or more different stories about ISIS and not protecting the homeland against their threat.

    Of course Obama has emasculated the DoD.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  3. #53
    Sage
    Roadvirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,132

    Re: Pentagon: No evidence of ISIS at border

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Why in the hell would ISIS members need to pose as Hispanic, payoff Mexican criminal organizations, and sneak across hundreds of miles of desert wasteland to get here via our southern border when easily hundreds of them hold British Passports and could fly here first class if they wanted??
    Maybe because their passports would most likely be red-flagged?

  4. #54
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,400

    Re: Pentagon: No evidence of ISIS at border

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadvirus View Post
    Maybe because their passports would most likely be red-flagged?
    Not necessarily. These people are not idiots. If they want to hit us, they are not going to take a British citizen and repatriate him to ISIS controlled areas prior to sending them here. They would just send those friendly to their cause directly from Britain to here. Or for that matter, being they have able to successfully recruit some Americans, why even send someone over. The point being is that given all the options available to ISIS, the notion that they would pose a bunch of middle easterners as Mexicans, pay off Mexican criminal organizations, and march across the desert to get here is absurd.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  5. #55
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Pentagon: No evidence of ISIS at border

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more: Pentagon: No evidence of ISIS at border | TheHill

    Rick Perry recently stated that ISIS might have entered the US through the Mexican border.... Well... It seems to just be more bull**** out of Perry's mouth [/FONT][/COLOR]
    How many Pentagon personel are actually on the ground, at the border?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #56
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: Pentagon: No evidence of ISIS at border

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Not necessarily. These people are not idiots. If they want to hit us, they are not going to take a British citizen and repatriate him to ISIS controlled areas prior to sending them here. They would just send those friendly to their cause directly from Britain to here. Or for that matter, being they have able to successfully recruit some Americans, why even send someone over. The point being is that given all the options available to ISIS, the notion that they would pose a bunch of middle easterners as Mexicans, pay off Mexican criminal organizations, and march across the desert to get here is absurd.
    "Absurd", is a big over-statement. A Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor was believed to be absurd, as well. Never under-estimate your enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #57
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Pentagon: No evidence of ISIS at border

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How many Pentagon personel are actually on the ground, at the border?
    Any proof that there are any ISIS people here via the Mexican border? Again, no.


  8. #58
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,337

    Re: Pentagon: No evidence of ISIS at border

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How many Pentagon personel are actually on the ground, at the border?
    Greetings, apdst.

    : Perry said "might have" which never means absolute! I agree with Perry - I think people might be making a mistake by thinking that terrorists would use the same methods they used before - flying on an international airline, They are not stupid - they know that would be the first area we would check. They operate by stealth and surprise, and with the amount of illegals that have been entering in the past several months, I think it's very possible they might already be here - via our open Southern border!

  9. #59
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,896
    Blog Entries
    5

    Perry is just jerking peoples' chains with hollow rhetoric to rile them up.

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    I think it's very possible they might already be here - via our open Southern border!
    Possible don't mean squat.
    A zillion and one things are possible.

    We cannot effectively plan for all possibilities--it'd be a stupid waste.
    Given that resources in the real world are limited, we have to plan for what is probable.
    I may be wrong.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Pentagon: No evidence of ISIS at border

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How many Pentagon personel are actually on the ground, at the border?
    Pentagon personnel tend to be civilians and their bosses are Obama's political appointments.

    Now the uniform part of the military have been on the border and they see things differently than the Obama administration.

    Top General Says Mexico Border Security Now ‘Existential’ Threat to U.S.

    >" A top United States general in charge of protecting the southern border says he’s been unable to combat the steady flow of illegal drugs, weapons and people from Central America, and is looking to Congress for urgent help.

    Marine Corps Gen. John Kelly, commander of U.S. Southern Command, has asked Congress this year for more money, drones and ships for his mission – a request unlikely to be met. Since October, an influx of nearly 100,000 migrants has made the dangerous journey north from Latin America to the United States border. Most are children, and three-quarters of the unaccompanied minors have traveled thousands of miles from El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras.

    “In comparison to other global threats, the near collapse of societies in the hemisphere with the associated drug and [undocumented immigrant] flow are frequently viewed to be of low importance,” Kelly told Defense One. “Many argue these threats are not existential and do not challenge our national security. I disagree.”

    In spring hearings before the Senate and House Armed Services Committees, Kelly said that budgets cuts are “severely degrading” the military’s ability to defend southern approaches to the U.S border. Last year, he said, his task force was unable to act on nearly 75 percent of illicit trafficking events. “I simply sit and watch it go by,” he said. But the potential threats are even greater. Kelly warned that neglect has created vulnerabilities that can be exploited by terrorist groups, describing a “crime-terror convergence” already seen in Lebanese Hezbollah’s involvement in the region..."<

    Top General Says Mexico Border Security Now

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •