Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 158

Thread: Pentagon: No evidence of ISIS at border

  1. #131
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Pentagon: No evidence of ISIS at border

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Not just too feeble but up until now unwilling to protect the Sunnis and Kurds at their own peril once ISIS comes knocking on Baghdad's door. I sure hope we can fix stupid.
    The US created "stupid" so no, we won't be about fixing it.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #132
    Educator
    Doppelgangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,050

    Re: Pentagon: No evidence of ISIS at border

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    I wasn't totally dismissing them just saying they are overrated.
    It seems we agree then, for the most part. Whether I see them as over or underrated depends largely on who I'm having the conversation with, or where the "reporting" is coming from.

  3. #133
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: head asplode for some of you

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    You're adrift.
    The DoD was saying that they didn't have evidence of it happening, not that evidence does not exist.
    The two statements are not identical nor interchangeable.

    "We have no evidence" ≠ "There is no evidence"

    You can see the distinction between the two statements when they are laid out side by side, yes?


    ################################################
    ################################################


    Here's some hedasplode for some of you:


    So choose either "side" you like. But they're both saying that we have no evidence to support the idea that ISIS is coming across our southern border.

    roflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaor oflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmao
    roflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaor oflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmao
    roflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaor oflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmao
    roflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaor oflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmao
    roflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaor oflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmaoroflmao
    The OP says, "No Evidence Exists".
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #134
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,945
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: head asplode for some of you

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The OP says, "No Evidence Exists".
    where?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    The Defense Department on Friday pushed back against Texas Gov. Rick Perry’s (R) claim that fighters from the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) might have entered the United States across its southern border.Perry, who is weighing another run for the president in 2016, made the assertion Thursday during a speech at the conservative Heritage Foundation.
    "There's the obvious great concern that, because of the condition of the border from the standpoint of it not being secure, and us not knowing who is penetrating across, that individuals from ISIS or other terrorist states could be [crossing]," he said. "There's a very real possibility that they may have already used that [strategy]."
    But the Pentagon’s top spokesman, Rear Adm. John Kirby, shot down that allegation.

    “I've seen no indication that they are coming across the border with Mexico. We have no information that leads us to believe that,” he said on CNN’s "New Day."
    Kirby said Pentagon leaders know the terrorist group does have “aspirations to hit western targets” and that the threat is something “we’ve got to take seriously, and we have to be ready for it.”
    Read more: Pentagon: No evidence of ISIS at border | TheHill

    Rick Perry recently stated that ISIS might have entered the US through the Mexican border.... Well... It seems to just be more bull**** out of Perry's mouth [/FONT][/COLOR]
    I may be wrong.

  5. #135
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: head asplode for some of you

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    where?
    It's what the title of the article says, no matter how you try to re-define the English laguage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #136
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,945
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: head asplode for some of you

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's what the title of the article says, no matter how you try to re-define the English laguage.
    Pentagon: No evidence of ISIS at border | TheHill
    the word "exists" is conspicuously missing

    If you say that you see it there, I believe you.
    I may be wrong.

  7. #137
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,909

    Re: head asplode for some of you

    Drudge linked to NRO, which states that according to Judicial Watch, an attack at the border is imminent. From Judicial Watch:

    Islamic terrorist groups are operating in the Mexican border city of Ciudad Juarez and planning to attack the United States with car bombs or other vehicle born improvised explosive devices (VBIED). High-level federal law enforcement, intelligence and other sources have confirmed to Judicial Watch that a warning bulletin for an imminent terrorist attack on the border has been issued. Agents across a number of Homeland Security, Justice and Defense agencies have all been placed on alert and instructed to aggressively work all possible leads and sources concerning this imminent terrorist threat.

    Specifically, Judicial Watch sources reveal that the militant group Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS) is confirmed to now be operating in Juarez, a famously crime-infested narcotics hotbed situated across from El Paso, Texas. Violent crimes are so rampant in Juarez that the U.S. State Department has issued a number of travel warnings for anyone planning to go there. The last one was issued just a few days ago.

    Intelligence officials have picked up radio talk and chatter indicating that the terrorist groups are going to “carry out an attack on the border,” according to one JW source. “It’s coming very soon,” according to this high-level source, who clearly identified the groups planning the plots as “ISIS and Al Qaeda.” An attack is so imminent that the commanding general at Ft. Bliss, the U.S. Army post in El Paso, is being briefed, another source confirms. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) did not respond to multiple inquiries from Judicial Watch, both telephonic and in writing, about this information. Imminent Terrorist Attack Warning By Feds on US Border - Judicial Watch

  8. #138
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: head asplode for some of you

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Drudge linked to NRO, which states that according to Judicial Watch, an attack at the border is imminent. From Judicial Watch:

    Islamic terrorist groups are operating in the Mexican border city of Ciudad Juarez and planning to attack the United States with car bombs or other vehicle born improvised explosive devices (VBIED). High-level federal law enforcement, intelligence and other sources have confirmed to Judicial Watch that a warning bulletin for an imminent terrorist attack on the border has been issued. Agents across a number of Homeland Security, Justice and Defense agencies have all been placed on alert and instructed to aggressively work all possible leads and sources concerning this imminent terrorist threat.

    Specifically, Judicial Watch sources reveal that the militant group Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS) is confirmed to now be operating in Juarez, a famously crime-infested narcotics hotbed situated across from El Paso, Texas. Violent crimes are so rampant in Juarez that the U.S. State Department has issued a number of travel warnings for anyone planning to go there. The last one was issued just a few days ago.

    Intelligence officials have picked up radio talk and chatter indicating that the terrorist groups are going to “carry out an attack on the border,” according to one JW source. “It’s coming very soon,” according to this high-level source, who clearly identified the groups planning the plots as “ISIS and Al Qaeda.” An attack is so imminent that the commanding general at Ft. Bliss, the U.S. Army post in El Paso, is being briefed, another source confirms. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) did not respond to multiple inquiries from Judicial Watch, both telephonic and in writing, about this information. Imminent Terrorist Attack Warning By Feds on US Border - Judicial Watch

    Wow! That's pretty serious, pretty specific, and names the attackers, and the city they will attack from!?!? Who is judicial watch, and are those statements verifiable anywhere else?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #139
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,909

    Re: head asplode for some of you


  10. #140
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: head asplode for some of you

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Holy ****! Promotes accountability and integrity in government, where were they during the Bush administration?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •