Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 158

Thread: Pentagon: No evidence of ISIS at border

  1. #121
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Pentagon: No evidence of ISIS at border

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    Thought I'd help

    http://cdn.theatlantic.com/newsroom/.../2dc9e669a.png




    http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ideo.html?_r=1
    http://static01.nyt.com/images/2014/...leLarge-v6.png


    "The 'caliphate' here is not so much a coherent territorial entity like Jordan or Belgium as a series of spreading cracks in existing states. There is no state-like border corresponding to the Aleppo-Mosul-Falluja perimeter."



    http://cdn.theatlantic.com/newsroom/.../bbf8f007b.png


    It's not that maps have an established difficulty per acre.
    Different areas require different levels of effort and ability to control.
    Iraq and Syria have not had functional governments for quite some time now.
    It's not the same as if ISIS had captured pieces of two healthy nations.
    These areas are under ISIS control largely because Baghdad and Syria are too feeble to offer resistance.
    Not just too feeble but up until now unwilling to protect the Sunnis and Kurds at their own peril once ISIS comes knocking on Baghdad's door. I sure hope we can fix stupid.
    Last edited by EnigmaO01; 08-29-14 at 12:04 PM.

  2. #122
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Pentagon: No evidence of ISIS at border

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Yep! And China and Russia both warned three years ago that US interference in Syria would cause the crisis to spread throughout the region!
    Your point? I don't recall us being eager to interfere and Obama even got flack for not getting involved. In fact I remember we were reluctant due to the fact that very few of the players were on our side even though they were against Assad.

  3. #123
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Pentagon: No evidence of ISIS at border

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadvirus View Post
    Considering how emasculated our military has become, i think i'll stick to believing Perry.
    You underestimate our military.

  4. #124
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Pentagon: No evidence of ISIS at border

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    As a Texan, I'll go with Perry because I'm aware of the situation on the ground here.

    The Pentagon employs my SiL and means little to me otherwise,.
    You should know better living in Texas.

  5. #125
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Pentagon: No evidence of ISIS at border

    Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgangirl View Post
    Thanks. I'm still fairly new, and have been wondering how to format images like that in a post. Now I know.





    I agree with that.

    I've never argued they have the capability of the former-USSR.

    It can be damn funny watching people *overreact* and take to their Doomsday bunkers -- in an effort to flee the onslaught of Sharia Law... and being overrun by camels.

    I just don't think they should be dismissed offhand in the same manner a king might dismiss a village-crowd armed with pitchforks. They're probably closer to the equivalent of the French Army... around the time of the French Revolution.
    I wasn't totally dismissing them just saying they are overrated.

  6. #126
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Pentagon: No evidence of ISIS at border

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Without first hand observation, the Pentagon cannot say definitively that the evidence doesn't exist.
    Same goes for saying they are there. It works both ways.

  7. #127
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Pentagon: No evidence of ISIS at border

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    They will crumble in months up to a year with their psychopath leader killed or captured. Mark my words. They are no match for our firepower and if Iraq finally gets it sheet together. The good part is we will get rid of a good number of terrorist sympathizers once and for all as they are now out in the open and not hiding in our country or other countries.
    Well, we could hope your optimism has standing. The Taliban is still alive and well, al Qaeda is still alive and well, MB, al Nusra and a half dozen others, as a matter of FACT militant Islamic groups are stronger today then they've been in a long time, maybe ever! All thanks in part, or more, to the power vacuums the US has created.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #128
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Pentagon: No evidence of ISIS at border

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Well, we could hope your optimism has standing. The Taliban is still alive and well, al Qaeda is still alive and well, MB, al Nusra and a half dozen others, as a matter of FACT militant Islamic groups are stronger today then they've been in a long time, maybe ever! All thanks in part, or more, to the power vacuums the US has created.
    Opinion, opinion, opinion.

  9. #129
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Pentagon: No evidence of ISIS at border

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Your point? I don't recall us being eager to interfere and Obama even got flack for not getting involved. In fact I remember we were reluctant due to the fact that very few of the players were on our side even though they were against Assad.
    Come on dude. First of all, of the seven countries that Wesley Clark revealed were on a pentagon list for regime change, three have been completed and the fourth is being worked on. Obama most certainly DID try all he could to use our military in Syria to topple president Assad. Three times he dispatched Hillary Clinton to the UN to secure a resolution for the use of force in Syria, and all three times Russia and China said NO! And sighted the abuse of an earlier resolution for Libya as the reason. The UK parliament decided against supporting the US using military force in Syria, Obama couldn't get congressional approval, and 70% of Americans said NO! So unless you think Obama should have been belligerent and ordered the Pentagon to go forward anyway, there was nothing he could do. So then as presidents are want to do when congress tells them no, he implemented a covert operation with CIA training facilities in Jordan and Turkey. And, pilfering arms from Gaddafi's army began smuggling them to president Assad's opposition out of the Benghazi annex thru Turkey, Turkey who was responsible for vetting to ensure that only the "good" guys in Syria received support, dropped the ball. Now then IS has been emboldened, and as warned by Russia and China, the crisis in Syria has spread out from Syria. Now, we have another problem of our own making on our hands.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #130
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Pentagon: No evidence of ISIS at border

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Opinion, opinion, opinion.
    Well yeah, that's all you and everybody else on this board has. Did you think that was profound?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •