Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 242

Thread: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

  1. #231
    Revolutionary
    TNAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,018
    Blog Entries
    17

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Well, yeah, I do, but I also find out-of-control animalistic behavior reprehensible too.
    These are two entirely separate issues. Immoral actions of one group of individuals does not in any way justify the immoral actions of another. Mass punishment is the tool of totalitarian governments (and the military).

  2. #232
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by TNAR View Post
    You apparently have no clue how the U.S. justice system works. As the saying goes, the U.S. has the best justice system money can buy. Do you suppose they say this because it is "fair" to the "poorest people" as you put it? Of course not.

    Detroit is one of the poorest and most violence cities in America. Yet, they have two of the most cost-effective private "police" forces in the nation. Threat Management Center and Detroit 300.
    It would be even worse if we had private police forces. We know this because we had it in the past. At least now the police are not paid by those who they may be investigating, not directly anyway. How can you objectively investigate a crime if a suspect is someone who directly pays you. You depend on that person specifically to provide your business, your police force revenue, so how can you objectively look into a case where that person may have to go to jail?
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #233
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,008

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by TNAR View Post
    Am I the only one who finds the practice of enforcing curfews despotic and reprehensible?
    Why do you think they changed teh curfew status? Too much blowback across the country. Had to resort to "You can protest but you have to always keep moving". Then proceeded to pin people in with police lines and apprehend them for "failure to disperse". This whole event seems to have been a testing of American rights and what responses and measures would be tolerated.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  4. #234
    Revolutionary
    TNAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,018
    Blog Entries
    17

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    How can you objectively investigate a crime if a suspect is someone who directly pays you. You depend on that person specifically to provide your business, your police force revenue, so how can you objectively look into a case where that person may have to go to jail?
    This is where competition comes into play. Unlike government corruption, when a business appears to have biases their bottom line is hurt and will potentially go out of business.

  5. #235
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by TNAR View Post
    These are two entirely separate issues. Immoral actions of one group of individuals does not in any way justify the immoral actions of another. Mass punishment is the tool of totalitarian governments (and the military).
    No, they really aren't separate. One is the cause of the other.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  6. #236
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Why do you think they changed teh curfew status? Too much blowback across the country. Had to resort to "You can protest but you have to always keep moving". Then proceeded to pin people in with police lines and apprehend them for "failure to disperse". This whole event seems to have been a testing of American rights and what responses and measures would be tolerated.
    I've said earlier that, regardless of what happened with the guy who got shot, the response has looked like martial law training.

  7. #237
    Revolutionary
    TNAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,018
    Blog Entries
    17

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    No, they really aren't separate. One is the cause of the other.
    The question of excessive use of force by Police is a nationwide (and even worldwide) issue and has resulted in a wide array of reactions. Simply because some people reacted with violence in no way justifies the curtailment of liberties across diverse groups of individuals.

  8. #238
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by TNAR View Post
    This is where competition comes into play. Unlike government corruption, when a business appears to have biases their bottom line is hurt and will potentially go out of business.
    No, it doesn't. You can't possibly have that much competition when it comes to law enforcement without people stepping on each other's toes.

    The bottom line is that private police forces do not work as the sole or even primary law enforcement for an area, especially one like ours with governmental protections of our rights.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #239
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,732

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    No, but the situation is vaguely comparable.

    An angry, potentially dangerous, mob, is an angry, potentially dangerous, mob.
    That's right. Cameras don't kill. People do. LOL.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  10. #240
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Which is why we don't depend on private police forces.
    Which is why your response to the quote you obviously did not read is bogus. But yeah, change the tack so you won't ever have to admit that.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •