Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 242

Thread: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

  1. #181
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I never said anything about why he raised his rifle in the first place. All of my comments referred to his keeping it raised while pointing it at the journalist

    I know what happened there and just before. I know the journalist gave him no reason to keep his gun raised and pointed at him. I know that he threatened the journalists life for no good reason.

    What happened just before that is as irrelevant as what he had for breakfast that morning.
    Except that was what I was posting about when you quoted my response in the first place. It's easily explainable:

    Officer perceives a direct threat and raises his rifle.
    The crowd calls out, hey he's got his weapon raised.
    The morons with the camera rush over to film.
    The officer sees a small bunch of idiots rushing towards him and swivels.

    Now, AGAIN, I don't know that's what happened before the video. But then neither do you.

    Not irrelevant at all and you only believe so because you won't ever admit you got it wrong. Those old goalposts just move or you claim you're talking about something else. It's a long standing pattern.

  2. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    01-13-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    3,237

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post

    Screaming "STAY BACK OR I WILL F*CKING SHOOT YOU!!! DO YOU F*CKING UNDERSTAND?!?!" is basically what the military explicitly trains you to do in those kinds of situations. lol
    The cops are not the military and should not emulate or resemble the military.

  3. #183
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by Anomalism View Post
    The cops are not the military and should not emulate or resemble the military.
    Yeah, because when faced with military grade weapons and tactics they should just die, right?

  4. #184
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    That is not the goal of police forces.
    You missed the word "private".

  5. #185
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Well, I imagine it's possible that the officer accidently threatened to kill the journalist.
    He was explaining the consequences of attacking him. "I'll kill you" = "It will be legal for me to use lethal force".

  6. #186
    Revolutionary
    TNAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,018
    Blog Entries
    17

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    That is not the goal of police forces.
    Exactly!

  7. #187
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    He was explaining the consequences of attacking him. "I'll kill you" = "It will be legal for me to use lethal force".
    Lmao... Keep telling yourself that.

    They suspended the officer indefinitely because of how professionally he was acting.

    This guy was acting like a thug, other officers had to talk the guy down, or he would have killed journalists (yes journalists, like the cops had been generally doing for the better part of the week, all captured on video).

    But, let's pretend you are right, this action was warranted, why was nobody placed under arrest?

    A professional police officer should not be threatening people with death if they are not involved in some sort of crime. Of course, the message here is that journalism, and protest is against the law. By that same merit, the majority of the looters have been ignored while these militarized goons attack media on the sidelines.

    It's ok, we are just one or two steps in escalation from just mowing people down, and people, like yourself, will apologize for this, until it's you getting gunned down in the street for some heinous crime, like walking your dog.

  8. #188
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Lmao... Keep telling yourself that.

    They suspended the officer indefinitely because of how professionally he was acting.
    I'm not claiming he is innocent. I'm claiming saying "I'll kill you" could be regarding the likely outcome of legal defense, in the event he is attacked.

  9. #189
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I'm not claiming he is innocent. I'm claiming saying "I'll kill you" could be regarding the likely outcome of legal defense, in the event he is attacked.
    Really? What part of that video gives you any indication that this is the case?

  10. #190
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Really? What part of that video gives you any indication that this is the case?
    He felt his security was compromised (it certainly was, he was alone and surrounded). The people were too close to prevent being rushed. He panicked. I don't believe he meant "I want to kill you", I believe he meant "I'll kill you because if you attack lethal force is legal and will probably result in your death". Obviously, the latter is too long so he just says the beginning.

    He probably meant "I'll shoot if you get closer". The situation makes that likely. Much more likely than a psycho admitting to being a psycho. People usually say what he did as a matter of fear and not real homicidal urges.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 08-22-14 at 11:39 PM.

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •