Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 242

Thread: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

  1. #171
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    so pointing a rifle at somebody and stating "I'm going to ****ing kill you" isn't evidence of intent? Would he actually have to pull the trigger before you would be satisfied as to intent?

    It's a very interesting legal world you live in.
    Nope, not in this context or the way this happened. And yes, the real world I live in is very interesting, you should try it. It's quite different from the world you've only read about.

  2. #172
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,445

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    so pointing a rifle at somebody and stating "I'm going to ****ing kill you" isn't evidence of intent? Would he actually have to pull the trigger before you would be satisfied as to intent?
    Intent could still be defense and a warning of what employing force would likely result in.

    If you force me to defend myself, the lethal force that I am legally entitled to will likely result in your death.

  3. #173
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,728

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    I also heard the people saying he was pointing the gun at "my hands are up sir".. Then the office saying "I will ****ing kill you". Then someone asking the officer "what his name was?". Officer replies "go **** yourself".
    His brother is in the movie production business...


    and he is a hell of a dancer...


  4. #174
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    I'm not talking about 'events'. I'm talking about the frickin' law. It's against the law to threaten to kill somebody. Jesus, what don't you get about that?
    Cases then. And again no it's not unless it's provable to a reasonable man that there is real intent to harm behind that threat. Even in California.

  5. #175
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No, it's anti-cop because your characterization of what happened ignores anything that doesn't fit YOUR anti-cop attitude. Once again, there are great distinctions in law between police and non-police. They may carry weapons in places where non-police may not and would be considered armed and dangerous if they did.

    Your continued characterization of these idiots as "press" is laughable.
    It's anti-cop because pointing firearms at the press telling them to STFU is perfectly fantastic? An interesting take indeed.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #176
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It's anti-cop because pointing firearms at the press telling them to STFU is perfectly fantastic? An interesting take indeed.
    No YOUR take on the whole thing is anti-cop. Once again, no press involved, just a few jackoffs looking for a cool YouTube moment and a little fame. They even managed to get their own mugs in the video.

    And where did I say it was "perfectly fantastic"? Definitely against policy and, though understandable, not a sound reaction given the nature of the moron mob surrounding him.

  7. #177
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Agreed. And as I previously said, he probably violated policy. But not illegal and your argument that you somehow magically know why he raised his rifle in the first place is done.
    I never said anything about why he raised his rifle in the first place. All of my comments referred to his keeping it raised while pointing it at the journalist

    I know what happened there and just before. I know the journalist gave him no reason to keep his gun raised and pointed at him. I know that he threatened the journalists life for no good reason.

    What happened just before that is as irrelevant as what he had for breakfast that morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #178
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    so pointing a rifle at somebody and stating "I'm going to ****ing kill you" isn't evidence of intent? Would he actually have to pull the trigger before you would be satisfied as to intent?

    It's a very interesting legal world you live in.
    Well, I imagine it's possible that the officer accidently threatened to kill the journalist.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #179
    Revolutionary
    TNAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,018
    Blog Entries
    17

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    We have not done well with allowing private police forces to run the system. It simply does not work well, not having them alone enforcing laws of the country.
    The problem is that you assume there should be a "system." If the goal of a private police force is to protect private property, they have resounding success. If the goal of any police force is to prevent otherwise peaceful people from performing certain actions or consuming certain substances, then the result will always be violence and failure.

  10. #180
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by TNAR View Post
    The problem is that you assume there should be a "system." If the goal of a private police force is to protect private property, they have resounding success. If the goal of any police force is to prevent otherwise peaceful people from performing certain actions or consuming certain substances, then the result will always be violence and failure.
    That is not the goal of police forces.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •