Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 242

Thread: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

  1. #151
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Actually, the video shows exactly what this journalist was doing before he had the gun pointed at him. He was walking through the crowd
    Not the point, and calling him a journalist is rank exaggeration. The point is, we don't know what caused the officer to raise his rifle in the first place. When the nob with the camera and his buds start filming the officer he already has the rifle raised.

  2. #152
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Not the point, and calling him a journalist is rank exaggeration. The point is, we don't know what caused the officer to raise his rifle in the first place. When the nob with the camera and his buds start filming the officer he already has the rifle raised.
    We know exactly what caused the officer to point his rifle at the journalist - incompetence and a lack of professionalism.

    The journalist did nothing to justify the officer to point a gun at him. Surprisingly, a gun can be lowered once it's been raised.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #153
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    We know exactly what caused the officer to point his rifle at the journalist - incompetence and a lack of professionalism.

    The journalist did nothing to justify the officer to point a gun at him. Surprinsingly, a gun can be lowered once it's been raised.
    No, we don't know that. The officer already had his rifle raised. In fact they heard about an officer with their weapon raised and that's what drew these nobs, who once again are NOT journalists.

  4. #154
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No, we don't know that.
    You're right. "*We*" don't know that, but I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #155
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    There probably isn't a day that goes by when I don't shout at the TV 'go **** yourself" to some asshole "journalist" who thinks they run the world and are entitled to be anywhere and do anything they want.

    That said, the officer was out of line and should be pulled from this duty immediately and perhaps should also have a long, forced, break from any duty. It's impossible to know what stress he's been under the past couple of weeks in Ferguson - probably no less stressful than some have had trouble coping with in wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. The officer is clearly at a dangerous point in his mental state, but I'm not prepared to call him a terrorist.
    There's little surprise that a cop pointing his rifle at people committing no crime, telling them that he'll kill them, and telling them to go **** yourself would find excuse and justification on the right. Can't speak for Canada, perhaps the police have always been so rude and belligerent towards the public. But I remember a time in America when this wasn't the case. Anymore such obnoxious police behavior is common place.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #156
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    That is an anti-cop frame of view on the situation that doesn't reflect the reality. The police are not the government, they are local law enforcement and the nobs seeking attention were not the press. Not to mention, we still do not know what went before.
    Oh, it's anti-cop. Is that because you can't answer it? Because if someone holds a gun or a fake gun to a cop, it's OK to shoot them because it's a threat. But if a cop holds a gun up to the press...well that's not a threat. Right?

    It's interesting how much waffling you have to do to make ends meet.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #157
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    You're right. "*We*" don't know that, but I do.
    Unless you were there, you're telling us a lie. The video doesn't show that.

  8. #158
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Unless you were there, you're telling us a lie. The video doesn't show that.
    The journalist did nothing that justifies the cop pointing the gun at him. You may not know this, but the video proves that this is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #159
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Oh, it's anti-cop. Is that because you can't answer it? Because if someone holds a gun or a fake gun to a cop, it's OK to shoot them because it's a threat. But if a cop holds a gun up to the press...well that's not a threat. Right?

    It's interesting how much waffling you have to do to make ends meet.
    No, it's anti-cop because your characterization of what happened ignores anything that doesn't fit YOUR anti-cop attitude. Once again, there are great distinctions in law between police and non-police. They may carry weapons in places where non-police may not and would be considered armed and dangerous if they did.

    Your continued characterization of these idiots as "press" is laughable.

  10. #160
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The journalist did nothing that justifies the cop pointing the gun at him. You may not know this, but the video proves that this is true.
    Once again, the officer already had the rifle raised when the camera got there. There is no indication of what caused him to raise the rifle. The video proves this is true.

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •