Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 242

Thread: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

  1. #141
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Yeah, damn those journalists! Too bad the cop just didn't shoot him, right? How dare they film these thugs while they're patrolling!
    Oh c'mon, no journalists involved here. And the camera jockeys were taunting as well, they weren't just filming. Journalists don't do that.

    Don't think they should be shot for being glory hounds, just hope karma serves them up their just rewards.

  2. #142
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    How was the cameraman/reporter breaking the law? The video shows one person breaking the law -the thug with the badge. You do know it is illegal to threaten to kill somebody, right?
    The video doesn't show anything illegal, just a bunch of asshats taunting the police, and an officer with his rifle raised (that's not illegal btw, maybe against policy, depends on what caused him to raise his rifle). Again, we don't know what happened before.

  3. #143
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    The video doesn't show anything illegal, just a bunch of asshats taunting the police, and an officer with his rifle raised (that's not illegal btw, maybe against policy, depends on what caused him to raise his rifle). Again, we don't know what happened before.
    And if a citizen walked around with rifle raised, what then? OK? Not illegal, yes? How do you suppose that would turn out?

    Just a question.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #144
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    And if a citizen walked around with rifle raised, what then? OK? Not illegal, yes? How do you suppose that would turn out?

    Just a question.
    Yes, probably illegal. Police are authorized to carry and display in all sorts of venues and manners that non-police are not. It's a question that really isn't germane to the situation.

  5. #145
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Yes, probably illegal. Police are authorized to carry and display in all sorts of venues and manners that non-police are not. It's a question that really isn't germane to the situation.
    Is it now? The government pointing guns at the press....
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #146
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Is it now? The government pointing guns at the press....
    That is an anti-cop frame of view on the situation that doesn't reflect the reality. The police are not the government, they are local law enforcement and the nobs seeking attention were not the press. Not to mention, we still do not know what went before.

  7. #147
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,419

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    And if a citizen walked around with rifle raised, what then? OK? Not illegal, yes? How do you suppose that would turn out?

    Just a question.

    Or how about just being in a store a store carrying a toy gun that the store sells and still getting shot?


    Dayton-Area Walmart Shooting: Was An Innocent Man SWATted to Death? - Bearing Arms

    These facts we know to be true:

    ■John Crawford III was shot and killed Tuesday night by Beavercreek, Ohio police officers in a Walmart.
    ■Crawford was holding either an airsoft (6mm plastic projectile) or BB/pellet (4.5mm/.177-caliber metal projectile) rifle sold by Walmart that he picked up in the store.
    ■Crawford was on the phone when he was shot.
    ■Crawford did not have a criminal record.

    I don't doubt this at all, I was once pulled over with my husband with an airsoft gun in plain view in backseat and the cop stated if he saw us walking down the street holding it he would shoot first without any questions.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  8. #148
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Well, taunting is always worth a death threat if you're a cop, apparently.
    Especially when the taunting was done by someone else.

    Soon we'll be hearing it's OK for cops to point guns at people if their wives refuse to give them a BJ before they go to work

    After all, they're only human
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #149
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Once again, we don't see what precedes this. We don't see if there might be a good reason he raised his rifle.
    Actually, the video shows exactly what this journalist was doing before he had the gun pointed at him. He was walking through the crowd
    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    That was NOT peaceful assembly and freedom of speech doesn't not shield you from the consequences of being assholes.
    Yes, having a gun pointed at you and being threatened with death is a "consequence" of filming a newsworthy event.

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    The police are not the government
    Do you have an idea how idiotic your arguments are?
    Last edited by sangha; 08-22-14 at 03:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #150
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,419

    Re: Officer "Go **** Yourself" Threatens to kill journalist

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Especially when the taunting was done by someone else.

    Soon we'll be hearing it's OK for cops to point guns at people if their wives refuse to give them a BJ before they go to work

    After all, they're only human

    Who will save us when they're not???


    RoboCop (2014) - IMDb


    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •