Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 341

Thread: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted – Attempt To Defame [WL:168]

  1. #61
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,703

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted Attempt To Defame Shooting Vict

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    When people, especially libertarians say "government", they are talking about the FEDERAL government.
    No, they don't. Libertarians are individuals like anyone else, and have differing viewpoints on all levels of government and government programs, but when libertarians talk about government, they are not limited to discussions of federal government. There is a reason why state administered and funded social programs can find themselves under scrutiny by libertarians, and why the so-called militarization of state and local police forces has been a concern for libertarians. It's not strictly that some of these programs are federally-funded. They are persons in government authority.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  2. #62
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,081

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted Attempt To Defame Shooting Vict

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No, they don't. They answer to the Ferguson city council or the mayor of Ferguson. These are LOCAL police. They are not part of the state or federal government. They do not receive state or federal salaries or benefits.
    You're proven wrong by 3 different links and you still want to argue this. GL.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1063659902

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    You may want to take a breath and back away from her for a bit. She has said nothing that is any different from what she has stood for on this board since she became a member.

    She is for smaller federal government and having the states and local government be the ones that hold the power. A reasonable position that I also hold.

    The police involved in this incident are sworn officers of the County and City, which are granted their power by State Law. The federal government has nothing to do with this, and therefore the Executive Branch - at either the Federal or State level - has nothing to do with it. In fact, it is the Legislative Branch of the State that grants them their power at the local level through legislating a State Law that does so.

    You are wrong on so many levels that I suggest again, that you take a breath and back away from her a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    No, they don't. Libertarians are individuals like anyone else, and have differing viewpoints on all levels of government and government programs, but when libertarians talk about government, they are not limited to discussions of federal government. There is a reason why state administered and funded social programs can find themselves under scrutiny by libertarians, and why the so-called militarization of state and local police forces has been a concern for libertarians. It's not strictly that some of these programs are federally-funded. They are persons in government authority.
    He answered this better than I did. The local police fall under the government. Whether it's federal or state is irrelevant. State governments answer ultimately to the federal government as they are dependent on it for funding a myriad of programs. Now, that you support big oppressive government at the state level makes absolutely no difference to anyone really. You're just showing the massive hypocrisy of these so called Libertarians who've come out in support of police departments that beat down suspects, push the media and attack peaceful protesters under the guise of trying to stop rioters.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 08-19-14 at 06:21 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #63
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted Attempt To Defame Shooting Vict

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Yeah, because everybody knows it's normal to choke a clerk every time you visit the market. Right?
    Well nobody is denying that Brown and the clerk exchange words. Also if you look at the video, the clerk is trying to stop Brown from leaving. This is why he grab him by the neck and push him aside.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  4. #64
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted Attempt To Defame Shooting Vict

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    The police aren't the "government". And there are no facts that anyone knows about the shooting other than a teenager is dead, and a policeman shot him.

    Okay, then go ahead and admit that the kid whose "eyewitness" account is a liar, if you believe this blog to be true.
    You seem to think that his friend lied about Brown surrendering. Now, you believe this part.

    I don't believe the blog to be necessarily true or false. It's interesting, if inconclusive evidence. You want to say it doesn't prove anything, fine. Then it doesn't prove anything - either way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #65
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted Attempt To Defame Shooting Vict

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You really are somebody who likes to argue ridiculous points. The police in Ferguson Missouri answer to the executive branch of Missouri which is part of the government of Missouri and which answers to the government of the US. That after knowing all those facts that you still want to claim that they're not part of the government is laughable. Almost as laughable as saying that a person who hasn't been convicted of any crime is guilty of a crime.
    No, almost as laughable as saying that someone is arrested and then let go is automatically innocent. Are you interested in comparing posts that were laughed at (hint - people in that thread said my correction was right).

    Now, on to this. Tell me, what does a police officer in Ferguson MO have to do with Barack Obama, Congress, the Senate, spending, wars, SCOTUS, etc. Go on, please do tell. Because I can't think of anything.

    You know as well as I do when a Libertarian says we need small government he/she sure as **** isn't talking about a police officer in Ferguson, Missouri.

    Use your head.

    By the way, define "answers to". Tell me exactly how Darrell Wilson answers to Barack Obama, and be specific in your response. Does Obama set his salary? Approve his vacation requests? Decide on his pension? Pick the color of his uniform? Tell him what his beat is that day? I'd like to know.

  6. #66
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted Attempt To Defame Shooting Vict

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    You seem to think that his friend lied about Brown surrendering. Now, you believe this part.

    I don't believe the blog to be necessarily true or false. It's interesting, if inconclusive evidence. You want to say it doesn't prove anything, fine. Then it doesn't prove anything - either way.
    Um, no, I was questioning his friend's credibility, and that was quite clear in my post.

    If your blog is accurate, the friend lied when he said they robbed the store. If that's the case, then why would anyone believe the statements of a liar? If he did rob the store, and is truthful, then your bloggers are wrong, and this is a waste of space.

    See how that works?

  7. #67
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted Attempt To Defame Shooting Vict

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Um, no, I was questioning his friend's credibility, and that was quite clear in my post.

    If your blog is accurate, the friend lied when he said they robbed the store. If that's the case, then why would anyone believe the statements of a liar? If he did rob the store, and is truthful, then your bloggers are wrong, and this is a waste of space.

    See how that works?
    So he lied about surrendering, but didn't lie about the robbery? Or did he lie about the robbery and not lie about surrendering? Or did he lie about both?

    Critical thinking is your friend. Unfortunately, I see very little of it in this case.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #68
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted Attempt To Defame Shooting Vict

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Yeah, isn't it. Hope you were looking in a mirror when you said that.
    So you don't want to see evidence that goes against your point of view either.

    Wow, you're sooooo superior.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #69
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted Attempt To Defame Shooting Vict

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    No, they don't. Libertarians are individuals like anyone else, and have differing viewpoints on all levels of government and government programs, but when libertarians talk about government, they are not limited to discussions of federal government. There is a reason why state administered and funded social programs can find themselves under scrutiny by libertarians, and why the so-called militarization of state and local police forces has been a concern for libertarians. It's not strictly that some of these programs are federally-funded. They are persons in government authority.
    I know many Libertarians, and I don't know any who rant about the size of police forces in cities they don't even live in. Do you?

    I don't worry about the militarization of a police force in Missouri, but I do worry about the Federal government going to wars that are a waste, spending money indiscriminately, trying to come into my bedroom, and so on. I don't consider my police force in my town or my state to be "social programs".

  10. #70
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted Attempt To Defame Shooting Vict

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    So he lied about surrendering, but didn't lie about the robbery? Or did he lie about the robbery and not lie about surrendering? Or did he lie about both?

    Critical thinking is your friend. Unfortunately, I see very little of it in this case.
    I have no idea what he lied about. Do you?

    If he told the truth about robbing the store, then this blog is a joke. If he lied about robbing the store, the blog may be right - but that makes him a liar, doesn't it, and a liar's testimony is usually discounted as a lie.

    See how easy that is?

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •