Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 341

Thread: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted – Attempt To Defame [WL:168]

  1. #51
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted – Attempt To Defame Shooting Vict

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    The title of the article is a bit misleading, but this is interesting.



    http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/08...son-pd-busted/


    They never called to report a theft according to their attorney either.

    Don't have to read any further I can total BS on this..

    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  2. #52
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted – Attempt To Defame Shooting Vict

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    The police are under the executive branch of government. They are the government. Are you seriously going to argue that fact? What's next? Pepper spray is just a food condiment and someone telling you that they'll "shell you" if you don't move is a pick up line?
    The police in Ferguson Missouri are under the executive branch of Missouri, not Barack Obama. Care to point out how many Libertarians on this board have been posting for years that you can't trust the government of Missouri? I'll wait.

    The pepper spray line wasn't funny when you posted it the first time. Why are you posting it again?

  3. #53
    Sage
    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Twinsburg Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,944

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted – Attempt To Defame Shooting Vict

    the AP and MSNBC earlier reported his friend admitted to the robbery

    it now sounds as if the store owner is terrified....and maybe afraid of retribution from the neighborhood

    so maybe he is changing his story?

    dont know....but i guarantee the cops got his statement days ago, and that will be in the final reports
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  4. #54
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,024

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted – Attempt To Defame Shooting Vict

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    The police in Ferguson Missouri are under the executive branch of Missouri,
    You really are somebody who likes to argue ridiculous points. The police in Ferguson Missouri answer to the executive branch of Missouri which is part of the government of Missouri and which answers to the government of the US. That after knowing all those facts that you still want to claim that they're not part of the government is laughable. Almost as laughable as saying that a person who hasn't been convicted of any crime is guilty of a crime.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #55
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted – Attempt To Defame Shooting Vict

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    the AP and MSNBC earlier reported his friend admitted to the robbery

    it now sounds as if the store owner is terrified....and maybe afraid of retribution from the neighborhood

    so maybe he is changing his story?

    dont know....but i guarantee the cops got his statement days ago, and that will be in the final reports
    Certainly possible, but think about it - even if he changes his story his business is screwed. Because this altercation took place in his store and because the video tape was released - even if everything goes back to normal tomorrow do you think this guys business will still be visited by ANYONE in that neighborhood or for that matter by anyone for miles and miles? That store is toast. Best thing that can happen is the looters come back and burn it to the ground - he gets the insurance money and moves far away and starts over.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #56
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted – Attempt To Defame Shooting Vict

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    The police are under the executive branch of government. They are the government. Are you seriously going to argue that fact? What's next? Pepper spray is just a food condiment and someone telling you that they'll "shell you" if you don't move is a pick up line?
    Don't play at simple. These police are part of LOCAL government, not state or federal. When people, especially libertarians say "government", they are talking about the FEDERAL government.

  7. #57
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted – Attempt To Defame Shooting Vict

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You really are somebody who likes to argue ridiculous points. The police in Ferguson Missouri answer to the executive branch of Missouri which is part of the government of Missouri and which answers to the government of the US. That after knowing all those facts that you still want to claim that they're not part of the government is laughable. Almost as laughable as saying that a person who hasn't been convicted of any crime is guilty of a crime.
    No, they don't. They answer to the Ferguson city council or the mayor of Ferguson. These are LOCAL police. They are not part of the state or federal government. They do not receive state or federal salaries or benefits.

  8. #58
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted – Attempt To Defame Shooting Vict

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You really are somebody who likes to argue ridiculous points. The police in Ferguson Missouri answer to the executive branch of Missouri which is part of the government of Missouri and which answers to the government of the US. That after knowing all those facts that you still want to claim that they're not part of the government is laughable. Almost as laughable as saying that a person who hasn't been convicted of any crime is guilty of a crime.
    You may want to take a breath and back away from her for a bit. She has said nothing that is any different from what she has stood for on this board since she became a member.

    She is for smaller federal government and having the states and local government be the ones that hold the power. A reasonable position that I also hold.

    The police involved in this incident are sworn officers of the County and City, which are granted their power by State Law. The federal government has nothing to do with this, and therefore the Executive Branch - at either the Federal or State level - has nothing to do with it. In fact, it is the Legislative Branch of the State that grants them their power at the local level through legislating a State Law that does so.

    You are wrong on so many levels that I suggest again, that you take a breath and back away from her a bit.
    Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, don't blame someone else, or expect others to make a change, you should stop complaining and make a different choice. Remember, the circumstances of your birth don't determine the outcome of your life.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,024

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted – Attempt To Defame Shooting Vict

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Don't play at simple. These police are part of LOCAL government, not state or federal. When people, especially libertarians say "government", they are talking about the FEDERAL government.
    Better tell leading Libertarian voices that:

    BBC News - Is Ferguson the start of a 'libertarian moment'

    There is, however, a growing chorus from the conservative movement's libertarian wing that connects the perceived overreaction by a militarised local law enforcement to their critique of the heavy-handed power of government.

    "The state is big and powerful and violent and can hurt you, whether it's the FDA, the state prosecutor or the local police force," writes Hot Air blog's Mary Katharine Ham, concisely summarising the gist of this libertarian argument.
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...osed-warriors/

    Former Texas Rep. Ron Paul said the Department of Defense program that transfers military equipment to local police should be disbanded and that local law enforcement officials are not “warriors.”

    “It should be gotten rid of,” Mr. Paul said Monday on MSNBC of the Pentagon’s 1033 program. “Police are supposed to be local people and they’re supposed to be peace officers. They’re not supposed to be warriors.”
    They seem to be opposed to the militarization of police forces period. Don't let the facts get in your way once again. Remember, no other witnesses.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #60
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,151

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted – Attempt To Defame Shooting Vict

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Do you think the occifer broke his own eye socket?
    I'm not saying anything about the officer. He doesn't appear in this video.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •