Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 341

Thread: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted – Attempt To Defame [WL:168]

  1. #241
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted Attempt To Defame [WL:168]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Sure, but why do we want to believe one thing he said, and insist the rest is a lie?
    Good morning Rocket,

    I'm not going to join in on ganging up on you for creating this thread and posting the link. You actually do a service by showing how wild speculation and flat out lies can be spread and validated by their appearance on the internet. It is remarkable, in my view, that mere conjecture, no better informed than yours or mine, gets status as fact because it appears on some site that has the appearance of legitimacy. The internet is great, but too many people, and often mostly young people, eat up every word as if it was gospel truth.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  2. #242
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted – Attempt To Defame [WL:168]

    Quote Originally Posted by csense View Post
    I don't have the time or desire to hold your hand and walk you through the evidence. There's enough of it around to form an informed opinion, but if you want some quick hard evidence, then just look at the preliminary autopsy report. It confirms that Brown was in a running or charging position, which is also corroborated by eyewitnesses.
    There's no evidence, other than hearsay that he was "running or charging", only that he was facing forward.

    For many what doesn't make sense is that he would attack the officer in the car, then walk away and return after him again, unless he was enraged? The convenient store video shows that he was not in a docile mood. But he could've been surrendering, and the cop may have been enraged for being hit in the face?
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  3. #243
    Advisor csense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NE Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    329

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted Attempt To Defame [WL:168]

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    There's no evidence, other than hearsay that he was "running or charging", only that he was facing forward.
    An autopsy report is not hearsay, and as much as people want to create hypotheticals that are solely designed to fit the evidence using ideal circumstances, the fact of the matter is that such evidence must fit either the Officer's version of events, or that of Johnson. So far, the evidence fits the former and contradicts the latter.

  4. #244
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted Attempt To Defame [WL:168]

    Quote Originally Posted by csense View Post
    An autopsy report is not hearsay, and as much as people want to create hypotheticals that are solely designed to fit the evidence using ideal circumstances, the fact of the matter is that such evidence must fit either the Officer's version of events, or that of Johnson. So far, the evidence fits the former and contracts the latter.
    What autopsy report says he was "charging".

    According to Dr Baden who performed an autopsy on Brown, “This one here looks like his head was bent downward,” he said, indicating the wound at the very top of Mr. Brown’s head. “It can be because he’s giving up, or because he’s charging forward at the officer.” That's called speculation, not definitive proof. He may have been giving up and/or walking forward towards the officer.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  5. #245
    Advisor csense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NE Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    329

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted – Attempt To Defame [WL:168]

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    For many what doesn't make sense is that he would attack the officer in the car, then walk away and return after him again, unless he was enraged?

    And maybe he was just an assh*le. Born, bred and raised that way, which seems to be the case given his treatment of the store owner...

  6. #246
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted – Attempt To Defame [WL:168]

    Quote Originally Posted by csense View Post
    And maybe he was just an assh*le. Born, bred and raised that way, which seems to be the case given his treatment of the store owner...
    His prior behavior doesn't bode well, nor if he attacked an officer unprovoked, but he's still not worthy of execution from those deeds, unless he was endangering other citizens or the policeman's life.

    If being an asshole is all that's required to be shot, then half this country is in trouble.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  7. #247
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,025

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted Attempt To Defame [WL:168]

    Quote Originally Posted by csense View Post
    An autopsy report is not hearsay, and as much as people want to create hypotheticals that are solely designed to fit the evidence using ideal circumstances, the fact of the matter is that such evidence must fit either the Officer's version of events, or that of Johnson. So far, the evidence fits the former and contradicts the latter.
    An autopsy report that was done by people in the same circle as the police department. And then the body was sent to a funeral home and cleaned, gutted when the family clearly stated they wanted their own autopsy...
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  8. #248
    Advisor csense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NE Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    329

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted Attempt To Defame [WL:168]

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    What autopsy report says he was "charging".

    According to Dr Baden who performed an autopsy on Brown, “This one here looks like his head was bent downward,” he said, indicating the wound at the very top of Mr. Brown’s head. “It can be because he’s giving up, or because he’s charging forward at the officer.” That's called speculation, not definitive proof. He may have been giving up and/or walking forward towards the officer.
    You do realize that Dr. Michael Baden was hired by the family. Don't expect him to come out and say, well, yes, it completely supports the Officer's version of events. Given the tension surrounding this case, the best he'll do is exactly what you said...speculate.

    I've pretty much lost whatever respect I had for the man. He knows exactly what the autopsy indicates but he's too much of a coward to actually state it in public.

  9. #249
    Advisor csense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NE Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    329

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted Attempt To Defame [WL:168]

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    An autopsy report that was done by people in the same circle as the police department.
    Yea, and what's your point. Unless you have evidence that the autopsy was fabricated, then shut the hell up about it...

  10. #250
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted Attempt To Defame [WL:168]

    Quote Originally Posted by csense View Post
    You do realize that Dr. Michael Baden was hired by the family. Don't expect him to come out and say, well, yes, it completely supports the Officer's version of events. Given the tension surrounding this case, the best he'll do is exactly what you said...speculate.

    I've pretty much lost whatever respect I had for the man. He knows exactly what the autopsy indicates but he's too much of a coward to actually state it in public.

    Only in your opinion does the evidence, so far, completely support Wilson's version of the events. The whole thing could even be a big mistake, where Brown was walking forward with arms up surrendering and the cop mistakenly assumed Brown was coming forward in another attack. Wilson then started firing to stop him, causing Brown to fall forward out of fear and get two wounds in the head?
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •