Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 341

Thread: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted – Attempt To Defame [WL:168]

  1. #191
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted – Attempt To Defame Shooting Vict

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And I never claimed the injury to his face was anything but fact. So what exactly was your point?
    I never said you did or didn't claim such.

    But the point was a factual continuation of the subject, not a non-factual continuation of the subject
    He was injured and required hospitalization.
    Which should have been obvious to you.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #192
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted – Attempt To Defame Shooting Vict

    People are so impatient as to not wait a week or two or maybe a month so that we can review the whole case and then have a TRUE intellectual discussion on the subject instead of a "Hahaha suckers you suck bias, zomg lies, conservative/liberal hacks!, pray for Mike Brown's family!" thread.

    No side is right just yet, we need more evidence.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  3. #193
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted – Attempt To Defame Shooting Vict

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    People are so impatient as to not wait a week or two or maybe a month so that we can review the whole case and then have a TRUE intellectual discussion on the subject instead of a "Hahaha suckers you suck bias, zomg lies, conservative/liberal hacks!, pray for Mike Brown's family!" thread.

    No side is right just yet, we need more evidence.
    Odd. We know enough of the evidence as it is to draw conclusions.
    What do you think will change about that?

    The only accounts that suggested the Officer was in the wrong sounded contrived, were unbelievable, and even proven false in part.
    Credibility out the door.
    All it has done and will continue to do, is fall apart.

    What do you think will change about that?

    As it has already been falling apart, there is nothing that could come along and shore up crap that has already fallen apart.
    It just doesn't work that way.


    Example: If the following is true, and there is no reason to suspect it isn't, this is just another example of the false story being torn asunder.
    A radio station had just announced this..
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #194
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,095

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted – Attempt To Defame Shooting Vict

    Quote Originally Posted by NonoBadDog View Post
    Well, I am a libertarian and I don't think there should be police. I also think there shouldn't be a reason to need a key for my car or a key for my house. I also think that someone from the govt should show up at my door every morning with a birthday cake and ballons and a bottle of Irish whiskey and sing to me and then do my laundry. Okay, maybe I don't believe all that stuff, except for the whiskey part.
    Someone from the government bearing whiskey? How about Harry Reid?

  5. #195
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,149

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted – Attempt To Defame Shooting Vict

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Odd. We know enough of the evidence as it is to draw conclusions.
    What do you think will change about that?

    The only accounts that suggested the Officer was in the wrong sounded contrived, were unbelievable, and even proven false in part.
    Credibility out the door.
    All it has done and will continue to do, is fall apart.

    What do you think will change about that?

    As it has already been falling apart, there is nothing that could come along and shore up crap that has already fallen apart.
    It just doesn't work that way.


    Example: If the following is true, and there is no reason to suspect it isn't, this is just another example of the false story being torn asunder.
    A radio station had just announced this..
    OK, wait a second. My blog source was horribly wrong because everyone could see from the source that it was biased.

    BUT - apparently a facebook post from a radio station called "The Viper" which was posted by a blog called "The Conservative Treehouse" is totally correct...sounds like yet another day of different rules for conservatives.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #196
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,261

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted – Attempt To Defame Shooting Vict

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    OK, wait a second. My blog source was horribly wrong because everyone could see from the source that it was biased.

    BUT - apparently a facebook post from a radio station called "The Viper" which was posted by a blog called "The Conservative Treehouse" is totally correct...sounds like yet another day of different rules for conservatives.
    Well, I've noticed that around here for some time. Ironic. Has nothing to do with your post, but...

  7. #197
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted – Attempt To Defame Shooting Vict

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    OK, wait a second. My blog source was horribly wrong because everyone could see from the source that it was biased.

    BUT - apparently a facebook post from a radio station called "The Viper" which was posted by a blog called "The Conservative Treehouse" is totally correct...sounds like yet another day of different rules for conservatives.
    You are not making any sense.
    Did I say it was totally correct?

    Or perhaps did I say the following?

    "If the following is true, ..."

    Would you like me to tell you which one is in quotes for a reason?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #198
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,149

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted – Attempt To Defame Shooting Vict

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You are not making any sense.
    Did I say it was totally correct?

    Or perhaps did I say the following?

    "If the following is true, ..."

    Would you like me to tell you which one is in quotes for a reason?
    Well, let's take your whole quote:

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Example: If the following is true, and there is no reason to suspect it isn't, this is just another example of the false story being torn asunder.
    So there's no reason to suspect it isn't and it "tears asunder" the "false story." Now you're going to play semantics and say you didn't say it was correct? How exactly does it tear anything asunder if it's not?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #199
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,149

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted – Attempt To Defame Shooting Vict

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Well, I've noticed that around here for some time. Ironic. Has nothing to do with your post, but...
    It has a lot to do with my source being wrong because it's a blog. Why would we believe this blog, and not another?

    Simple, the rule that is played by is that only liberals need absolute proof.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #200
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,261

    Re: Brown paid for cigars - Ferguson Police Busted – Attempt To Defame Shooting Vict

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    It has a lot to do with my source being wrong because it's a blog. Why would we believe this blog, and not another?

    Simple, the rule that is played by is that only liberals need absolute proof.
    I tend to discount blogs of any kind as evidence of anything other than opinion. That's just my view. In instances like Ferguson, nothing short of corroborated evidence will be satisfactory because of the nature of the event and the reaction to it. My response was not directed toward that particular point, but I can understand your frustration. The simple truth is that everybody here is partisan in spite of adamant objections to the contrary, and everyone seeks advantage - legitimate or not. Naturally, I don't because I'm better than that. Honest. It's everybody else.

Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •