Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 95

Thread: National Guard called in to Ferguson

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Last Seen
    07-04-16 @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    631

    Re: National Guard called in to Ferguson

    I think that the police officer must of been questioned immediately after the shooting and he must of signed a statement. At least his version of what happened.

    Where is that statement?

    Nobody is asking for a "Complete" statement of the facts overnight ..... they are asking for the statement which must of been provided to the supervisors by the policeman before he was allowed to leave the station for home on the very first day. Nobody is demanding that the complete facts be known today. They want to know what the policeman's version (his justification or reasoning) was within hours of the shooting. Not after every witness has been interviewed and after the case has been made ready for a final decision as to prosecution or not.

    I think that the police are holding back until they interview all the eye witnesses and know the evidence against the officer and thus will be using the additional eyewitness evidence which they have gotten to know over these past few days to give the officer a chance to change his original statement.

    It seems to me that the officer must of said within the original statement immediately after the shooting that he was not aware that there was a strongarm robbery at the store, or the chief would not of mentioned this fact, and because it was this chief who took or heard the officers statement within hours after the shooting.

    But perhaps after being given the opportunity of changing his original statement over these past days, the mixup or error is because the police officers statement has changed since the original and now the officers statement will read that he did know that the dead man was a wanted man.

    I would never trust any statement from this police officer which is said to be the truth now.

    Calm
    Last edited by calm; 08-18-14 at 02:15 PM.

  2. #42
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: National Guard called in to Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    It`s kind of what always happens when police overstep their boundries and murder someone.

    I remember the riots in London, Greece and France.

    I am just suprised that I never saw such riots in the US.

    And the prime cause of the situation in the US is the militarisation of the police forces.
    Who was murdered?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #43
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: National Guard called in to Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    The NG ain't bring rubber bullets.....
    Well, all the folks crying about the "militarized" police oughta be happy now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #44
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: National Guard called in to Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeside View Post
    I agree. The police seem to antagonize people more and more each day instead of defusing situations. Police really hate when they are being filmed and harass people who film them. The police are nothing but jack booted thugs. The people of Ferguson have a right to protest. Not all are looting or rioting. It is hard to believe that the police did NOT stop the looting but did arrest people smoking in a parked car on private property.
    Yeah, tue cops should stand down and allow things to calm down...oh, wait...
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: National Guard called in to Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Who was murdered?
    The cops in France, who caused the riots in Paris, were sentenced for manslaughter, since they chased the kid into a high voltage line.

    The 2 despicable cops in Greece, who caused the riots in 2008, were found guilty of murder, after they had shot a 15 year old boy simply because he had insulted them.

    The cops in London were found not guilty under controversial circumstances which might have renewed inquieries into the armed police forces as a consequence.

    I guess there wont be much difference here, since the circumstances sound very very very similar to what happend in Greece in 2008.

  6. #46
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: National Guard called in to Ferguson

    Has Ferguson enhanced or detracted the National stature of Gov. Nixon? I mention this as we've seen GOP contenders like Rand Paul also weigh in. Nixon and Beshear are my favorite Democratic governors .
    Physics is Phun

  7. #47
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: National Guard called in to Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    The cops in France, who caused the riots in Paris, were sentenced for manslaughter, since they chased the kid into a high voltage line.

    The 2 despicable cops in Greece, who caused the riots in 2008, were found guilty of murder, after they had shot a 15 year old boy simply because he had insulted them.

    The cops in London were found not guilty under controversial circumstances which might have renewed inquieries into the armed police forces as a consequence.

    I guess there wont be much difference here, since the circumstances sound very very very similar to what happend in Greece in 2008.
    1) it must suck to be a cop in France

    2) there's way more to the Michael Brown shooting than just insulting a cop. Here, in the civilized world, assaulting a cop is a crime AND the cop has the right to defend himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #48
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: National Guard called in to Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    The National Guard call out is not about 'respect', but fear.

    They will be heavily armed.

    If these rioting and looting morons actually listened to King, they would not be breaking the law like they have.

    They deserved to be hammered - hard.
    Would you recommend tanks? Apache gunships? Napalm? What exactly does hammering them hard mean?
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: National Guard called in to Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    1) it must suck to be a cop in France

    2) there's way more to the Michael Brown shooting than just insulting a cop. Here, in the civilized world, assaulting a cop is a crime AND the cop has the right to defend himself.
    there is NO proof yet that Brown assaulted the cop.

    Not a single shred of proof.

    Assaulting a person will leave marks on the body. And the autopsy found NONE.

    In the actualy civilised world, where there is no incest, racism is seen as disgusting and people wash themselves more often than just once a week, scientific evidence is what people want to see concerning a crime.

    Not the ramblings of a guy with a confederate flag tatood on his forehead.

  10. #50
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,703

    Re: National Guard called in to Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by calm View Post
    I think that the police officer must of been questioned immediately after the shooting and he must of signed a statement. At least his version of what happened.

    Where is that statement?

    Nobody is asking for a "Complete" statement of the facts overnight ..... they are asking for the statement which must of been provided to the supervisors by the policeman before he was allowed to leave the station for home on the very first day. Nobody is demanding that the complete facts be known today. They want to know what the policeman's version (his justification or reasoning) was within hours of the shooting. Not after every witness has been interviewed and after the case has been made ready for a final decision as to prosecution or not.

    I think that the police are holding back until they interview all the eye witnesses and know the evidence against the officer and thus will be using the additional eyewitness evidence which they have gotten to know over these past few days to give the officer a chance to change his original statement.

    It seems to me that the officer must of said within the original statement immediately after the shooting that he was not aware that there was a strongarm robbery at the store, or the chief would not of mentioned this fact, and because it was this chief who took or heard the officers statement within hours after the shooting.

    But perhaps after being given the opportunity of changing his original statement over these past days, the mixup or error is because the police officers statement has changed since the original and now the officers statement will read that he did know that the dead man was a wanted man.

    I would never trust any statement from this police officer which is said to be the truth now.

    Calm
    That WAS put out. The cop says that Brown tried to grab his gun and then rushed him.

    It didn't help the situation.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •