Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 95

Thread: National Guard called in to Ferguson

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: National Guard called in to Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeside View Post
    I agree. The police seem to antagonize people more and more each day instead of defusing situations. Police really hate when they are being filmed and harass people who film them. The police are nothing but jack booted thugs. The people of Ferguson have a right to protest. Not all are looting or rioting. It is hard to believe that the police did NOT stop the looting but did arrest people smoking in a parked car on private property.
    One has to say thought that attitudes towards the police have changed everywhere.

    There use to be days in which the police were a friendly, helping part of the community and not someone the community had to fear.

    I wish these days could come back, put it wouldnt just require police attitudes to change, but also some public attitudes.

  2. #12
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: National Guard called in to Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    It`s kind of what always happens when police overstep their boundries and murder someone.
    And yet that isn't what happened here.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: National Guard called in to Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And yet that isn't what happened here.
    So far the evidence points to that conclusion.

    Of course I will wait for the investigation to be finished.

  4. #14
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: National Guard called in to Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    So far the evidence points to that conclusion.

    Of course I will wait for the investigation to be finished.
    Then you clearly do not know the evidence, as it points to the Officer being justified.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: National Guard called in to Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Then you clearly do not know the evidence, as it points to the Officer being justified.
    Nope. I clearly dont know your interpertation.

    And I really dont care.

  6. #16
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: National Guard called in to Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Nope. I clearly dont know your interpertation.

    And I really dont care.
    You fail again. It is not an interpretation, it is evidence.

    You clearly are devoid of any knowledge of it.

    As for you really not caring, it shows.
    Honest folks would at least attempt to learn the evidence before spewing such nonsense.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: National Guard called in to Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You fail again. It is not an interpretation, it is evidence.

    You clearly are devoid of any knowledge of it.

    As for you really not caring, it shows.
    Honest folks would at least attempt to learn the evidence before spewing such nonsense.
    Look there.

    I dont care. I really dont.

    There are people on this forum who post things I disagree with, post things that enrage me, post things I agree with and post things that are evidence of our species being doomed.

    And then there is you, who posts thing completly void of reality.

    I will not engage in a conversation with someone who aims at constantly reposting his theories of alternate reality for the purpose of enraging others.

    Certainly not with all the infractions I already have.

    Have a nice day.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: National Guard called in to Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Look there.

    I dont care. I really dont.

    There are people on this forum who post things I disagree with, post things that enrage me, post things I agree with and post things that are evidence of our species being doomed.

    And then there is you, who posts thing completly void of reality.

    I will not engage in a conversation with someone who aims at constantly reposting his theories of alternate reality for the purpose of enraging others.

    Certainly not with all the infractions I already have.

    Have a nice day.

    iLOL

    Wow! Wrong about that too. I suppose that does figure.
    You stating, contrary to the evidence, that it is murder, is someone posting an alternate theory of reality.


    So I invite you come back to reality.
    Even if you don't care that you are wrong, or don't care about the subject, or even don't care about the evidence, you should at least learn it before making absurd comments that are devoid of logic, reason and reality, especially as the known evidence clearly shows you are wrong.
    Last edited by Excon; 08-18-14 at 06:48 AM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #19
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,864

    Re: National Guard called in to Ferguson

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    hy is it that every post you direct at me is either an insult or an attempt to flame things up?
    Why were you unable to see the non-blog links in the OP?

    Why did you post a nasty and completely incorrect response to the OP in some attempt to infer some agenda?

    Were you not able to understand the OP, or just taking a cheap shot at the OP?

    If you cannot understand, don't reply.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Last Seen
    07-04-16 @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    631

    Re: National Guard called in to Ferguson

    I think that bringing in the National Guard will prevent looting and gasoline bombs.

    Everyone has a certain sense of "Admirable Respect" for military servicemen and feel that they are sort of "Owed" respect because of their service. So they will not be challenged by the community.

    The protests might very well continue but with the vandals choosing not to participate so openly.

    The enactment of Martial Law might encourage additional protests across the country in an effort to shame the powerful into enacting change to the System.

    I watched a great interview on MSNBC and where some young people spoke in historical terms.

    They mentioned that the Ruling Class easily recognize that there is racism within America. In order to sort of compensate or to make amends, the Ruling Class funnels funding into these communities via Food Stamps, Welfare and whatever.

    But then, the Ruling Class constantly shame these same communities by calling they lazy and undeserving of such assistance or compensation. And then begin to cut the funding in retaliation.

    That the White Folks get unemployment cheques and nobody knows they are unemployed, but the Black Folks get food stamps and everybody knows it at all retail outlets in the community.

    I have never found an instance in history where the Ruling Class ever gave anything to the Lower Class without the threat of violence.

    For sure, I know of no military dictatorship that has been overthrown by nonviolent action.

    Oh, people mention Martin Luther King and Ghandi ...... but these people were just the "Face" of the opposition and were required to preach non-violence or they would be imprisoned. If the opposition wants respect, they gotta put a respectful face in TV Land.

    But in the background, there was huge violence taking place.

    Ghandi said During a prayer speech on June 16, 1947:

    “If we had the atom bomb, we would have used it against the British.”
    --Gandhi’s “The Last Phase,” Vol. II, p. 326--

    “Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.”
    --Gandhi’s “Autobiography,” Part V, Chapter XXVII--

    Matin Luther King and Ghandi were doing the same thing that Roosevelt did in In 1932/1933 in order to quell the violence and the plot to take over the White House.

    The New Deal:
    "And, it didn't happen because FDR was a great guy. It happened because people in this country were so radicalized, were so determined, were so organized, that he was able to sell the new deal to the elites as a compromise because the alternative was revolution."
    --Naomi Klein, National Conference for Media reform, June 07, 2008--

    Matin Luther King was telling the Ruling Class that they could deal with him or deal with the "Violence".

    There were two main trends or tendency within the African-American Freedom Movement of the Sixties (and other Freedom Movements inspired by it).
    One was the non-violent resistance exemplified by King and Rosa Parks.
    The other was the militant, in-your-racist-face resistance of Robert Williams, Malcolm X and the Black Panthers (who, of course, originated in Oakland).
    It's interesting but not surprising that the former gets all kinds of validation in the schools and holidays today while the other is scarcely mentioned or honored if at all.
    In any case, King and Malcolm, despite their different ideologies and approaches, appreciated the value of each other. They were like a "good-cop"/"bad-cop" routine against the ruling elite, without which the achievements in the ways of Civil Rights during that era would not have come about.
    I believe Malcolm said it straight-out in his visit to Selma speaking to the southern racists: "If you don't want to deal with King, you're going to have to deal with people like me."
    And his words were already starting to be backed-up by urban rebellions.
    --VermontLeftist, Comment, February 2012--

    "Martin Luther King was a wonderful man who did much to call the nation’s attention to the Jim Crow laws and to have them abolished. His nonviolent demonstrations however had nothing to do with the policy changes, the civil rights legislation, of the 1960s. Those changes came about due to the violence in the streets by young African-Americans primarily the Panthers in the North and the Deacons in the South. But there was no way that the United States Congress would deal with people like Stokely Carmichael or H Rap Brown so they canonized Dr. King has the champion of civil rights. Even his campus supporters, originally called the “Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee” knew that nonviolence would not achieve their ends so they changed their name to the “Student National Coordinating Committee”. Ralph Abernathy was sure to appear in Congress to take advantage of the most recent street violence. In that way, Martin Luther King can be said to have contributed to the civil rights legislation but certainly not his nonviolent demonstrations."

    "Similarly, in India, the nonviolent demonstrations of Gandhi came at the end of a 100 year period of violent revolution. Even while Gandhi himself was leading nonviolent demonstrations, other revolutionaries were destroying the infrastructure in India. Great Britain was burdened by the cost of two world wars and simply was no longer able to deal with the destruction caused by the violence of the revolutionaries. Just as the United States used Martin Luther King, so also did Great Britain make use of Gandhi. The British press turned Gandhi into a saint but nonviolent demonstrations only caused the deaths of tens of thousands of Hindus and Muslims since he was added to the committee which ultimately determined the nature of Indian independence."

    "There are even members of the liberal elite who will claim that it was the nonviolent boycotting of South Africa which ended, apartheid forgetting all about the violence of the ANC and in particular of Nelson Mandela, who was called a terrorist by the British and is now called a hero and patriot."

    http://wrongkindofgreen.org/2011/10/...ize-a-movement

    Lets face it .... when the costs became too great, the Americans even negotiated with the Taliban but not until it became financially necessary.

    The final and most pertinent threat that Martin Luther King gave to the Ruling Class was that he was forming a union for the garbage workers. This was the largest threat ever faced by the Ruling Class since the end of WWII.

    Calm
    Last edited by calm; 08-18-14 at 07:30 AM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •