Page 94 of 137 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 940 of 1363

Thread: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?[W:667]

  1. #931
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    You claim that I said something, then link to posts where I didn't say what you claim I said.
    Are you seriously rejecting that those three posts of yours do not strongly tie marriage and children together?

    I'm pretty sure that is not what I said, but you keep trying to find it. But, maybe we should make that a law, that you have to be married to have kids. What do you think? Also, that you must be able to reproduce, with your mate, at some point to get married. Boy, would that clear a lot of this crap up!
    Why did you tie marriage and children three times together if you don't think they are required?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #932
    Sage
    Logicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,696

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    When someone has blind faith that 'their' religion is the only true one, that their religious text is the only 'truth' out there…. well, their view on the credibility of others isn't really worth much.
    I don't have 'blind faith'. I have the historical accounts from antiquity and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    I support your right to believe in whatever you want to believe in, but that doesn't mean it is 'real' or 'true', and certainly not 'THE truth' … as far too many religions have been used to do horrible things during the existence of man. And just about every religion shares the same stories, and those stories date back way beyond christianity or islam…
    Any bad things that so-called Christians have done are violations of the teachings of Jesus. It doesn't mean Biblical Christianity is itself to blame. In fact there's plenty of gays who celebrate Jesus and Christianity even if they refuse to repent of their gay sex sins.

    The gay pride folks don't stop celebrating their social status because any number of gays have murdered people or purposely infected others with the HIV virus.
    "Progressives aren't really progressive. They're regressive, all the way back to Sodom and Gomorrah." - author unknown

  3. #933
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post

    The gay pride folks don't stop celebrating their social status because any number of gays have murdered people or purposely infected others with the HIV virus.
    What on earth are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  4. #934
    Educator Amandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Last Seen
    06-19-15 @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    905
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    The gay pride folks don't stop celebrating their social status because any number of gays have murdered people or purposely infected others with the HIV virus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    What on earth are you talking about?
    I actually see his point here. He is going to continue to be a proud Christian even though some people that claim to be Christian have done horrible things just like people in the LGBT community still attend Pride activities even though there are LGBT people who do horrible things.

  5. #935
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,192

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    You have to love him quoting The American Stinker. Cracks me up.
    One would hope that Christianity meant a certain level of honesty and integrity.

  6. #936
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    The gay pride folks don't stop celebrating their social status because any number of gays have murdered people or purposely infected others with the HIV virus.
    A number of any group has done those things.

  7. #937
    Sage
    Logicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,696

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    A number of any group has done those things.
    That was my point. But when do you hear pro-gay posters around here saying anything good about Christian history / Christianity?
    "Progressives aren't really progressive. They're regressive, all the way back to Sodom and Gomorrah." - author unknown

  8. #938
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    One would hope that Christianity meant a certain level of honesty and integrity.
    The more you talk about Jesus, the less you have to act like him. The most religious people on the forum are some of the least honest and most immoral.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #939
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    That was my point. But when do you hear pro-gay posters around here saying anything good about Christian history / Christianity?
    I dunno... me?

  10. #940
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    That was my point. But when do you hear pro-gay posters around here saying anything good about Christian history / Christianity?
    I have seen plenty. There are lots of good Christians around. Especially the ones who mind their own business. But there are some around here that think it's OK to tell other people who they can sleep with or marry. Or think they should throw people in jail for infidelity. Imagine that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

Page 94 of 137 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •