Page 78 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast
Results 771 to 780 of 1363

Thread: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?[W:667]

  1. #771
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,161

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the plumber View Post
    The evil which is the stupidity off religion manifests it's self in all aspects of society. Repression of different people who do no harm to anybody else is just one of it's evil ways.
    Wrong.... sin affects us all negatively.[as I've said 100 times]

    You think it's religion that is evil, I believe homosexuality and gay matrimony are.

    One of us is dead wrong.
    Last edited by WCH; 08-24-14 at 06:20 PM.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  2. #772
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,034

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Constitutional monarchy...also secular
    He didn't say a theocracy, he said an "Islamic country." And I've been to Morocco -- it's anything but secular.

  3. #773
    Sage
    Logicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:00 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,688

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    But as I mentioned in the previous post, you aren't preventing it. You are only denying others benefits that opposite sex couples receive. So how does your argument stand?
    Waiting for Sodom and Gomorrah 2 to hit. And if and when it comes know that people like you helped it along.
    "Progressives aren't really progressive. They're regressive, all the way back to Sodom and Gomorrah." - author unknown

  4. #774
    Sage
    Logicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:00 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,688

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Is God going to punish you because two dudes sign a legal contract that happens to use the word marriage? Is He going to punish me?
    Read Deuteronomy chapter 28 to see the blessings of obedience and curses of disobedience to God.
    "Progressives aren't really progressive. They're regressive, all the way back to Sodom and Gomorrah." - author unknown

  5. #775
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    To Hell with your government..It's not the end all you would love for it to be.

    It's wrong more often than it's right.
    Then feel free to get the hell outta the country since you hate it so much.

  6. #776
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,998

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    That would your opinion, man.

    For more believe they are exactly that.
    Thus making it theirs and you opinion. Hence why it shouldn't be incorporated into law. I'm guessing that your supposed "more" doesn't bother or refuses to take survey's unless they know they are skewed towards them?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    No one is asking you to ignore the legal aspects. Nonetheless, you might want to consider the aspect of government regulating a supposed religious word and those implications.
    Actually, what I have put out means no governmental regulating of the word "marriage". If the legal institution is "civil union", then the use of the word "marriage" to describe said union would be purely a individual decision. A person who doesn't believe that same sex couples are in a marriage gets to call it a civil union or even a farce, while the couple and their friends and SSM supporters can still call it a marriage. It literally takes any argument about the government's use of the word marriage off the table. A rose by any other name....all that matters are the legal rights and responsibilities.

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    Absolute nonsense.

    Last time I checked Jesus taught his people to love God, their fellow man, and even their enemies. Show me where the Koran teaches that?

    Moreso, where's your tolerance for people of faith in Jesus Christ?
    Which of course is why the people who love God, their fellow man and even their enemies began the Inquisition, the Witch Hunts, bomb abortion clinics, kill abortion doctors, and harrassed others who didn't pass the McCarthy view of what a proper "American" should be like.

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Wrong.... sin affects us all negatively.[as I've said 100 times]

    You think it's religion that is evil, I believe homosexuality and gay matrimony are.

    One of us is dead wrong.
    Neither are wrong since both statements are opinions and neither can be supported by empirical evidence.
    Bi, Poly, Switch. I'm not indecisive, I'm greedy!

  7. #777
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    Exactly. And we don't want the wrath of God coming down on our country because of SSM and other debauchery.
    Yeah, YOU and YOUR god will save the world. LOL… all other gods are false. And this is known because your god told you so. HAHAHAHAHA….
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  8. #778
    Sage
    Logicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:00 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,688

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Originally Posted by Logicman

    Absolute nonsense.

    Last time I checked Jesus taught his people to love God, their fellow man, and even their enemies. Show me where the Koran teaches that?

    Moreso, where's your tolerance for people of faith in Jesus Christ?
    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post

    Which of course is why the people who love God, their fellow man and even their enemies began the Inquisition, the Witch Hunts, bomb abortion clinics, kill abortion doctors, and harrassed others who didn't pass the McCarthy view of what a proper "American" should be like.
    So, we can do some more of your painting with a broad brush and say that all gays are murderers because some of them are. Real nice logic there, sport!
    "Progressives aren't really progressive. They're regressive, all the way back to Sodom and Gomorrah." - author unknown

  9. #779
    Sage
    Logicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:00 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,688

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Yeah, YOU and YOUR god will save the world. LOL… all other gods are false. And this is known because your god told you so. HAHAHAHAHA….
    Seems like you know for sure otherwise. So who in the Sam Hill are you?
    "Progressives aren't really progressive. They're regressive, all the way back to Sodom and Gomorrah." - author unknown

  10. #780
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,998

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    So, we can do some more of your painting with a broad brush and say that all gays are murderers because some of them are. Real nice logic there, sport!
    I figured that as long as you were painting the Muslims with a broad brush....But it's all good, Jesus has taught me to love you too Gander.
    Bi, Poly, Switch. I'm not indecisive, I'm greedy!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •