Page 74 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 1363

Thread: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?[W:667]

  1. #731
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Yes, some muslims are monsters but even then, Islam is a religion so a country that is Islamic can never be a country that has no religion.
    Name a Islamic country that does not persecute Christians and Jews.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #732
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Not equivalent, because same-sex marriage doesn't force you to do anything. Nor does it restrict any of your intended actions. Conversely, enshrining your beliefs into the law of the nation restricts the freedom of others.
    Sure it does it forces you to believe that SSM is the same as traditonal marraige when it clearly is not.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #733
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,946

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Name a Islamic country that does not persecute Christians and Jews.
    Dude you are arguing yourself deeper. Either wake up and realize that you are making arguments that do not support what you claimed, or admit that you are changing your premise. Your argument was NOT that there were countries that banned all but one religion. Your argument was that there were countries that banned all religion.
    Bi, Poly, Switch. I'm not indecisive, I'm greedy!

  4. #734
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,946

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Sure it does it forces you to believe that SSM is the same as traditonal marraige when it clearly is not.
    Negative. Legalizing SSM as a legal institution only means that it holds the same legal weight as OSM. At no point does that equate to saying that SSM and OSM hold the same social weight.
    Bi, Poly, Switch. I'm not indecisive, I'm greedy!

  5. #735
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,321

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    I don't understand why religious people are not on board with civil unions for everyone and call it what one wants according to whatever authority one respects.

    What's the problem with that?

  6. #736
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Sure it does it forces you to believe that SSM is the same as traditonal marraige when it clearly is not.
    It is already legal in your state. What has changed?

  7. #737
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,730

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    You're time would be much more productively spent worrying about world hunger, poverty, education, healthcare, literacy..........
    Heck if one is worried about families there are plenty of problems with straight couples to keep a person occupied. Divorce, deadbeat dads, child abuse.... Why worry about couples wanting to make a commitment to each other? Seems like the more of that the better for everyone.

    I've never understood the passionate opposition to SSM. What would make someone devote serious effort to denying others the benefit of rights they enjoy? So the gay couple is less happy, secure, committed, their legal status murkier and more difficult and more expensive. Time to celebrate a job well done? "I treasure my marriage therefore same sex couples must be denied marriage!!!" ???

    After all it's not as if preventing SSM will turn any gay person straight or allowing it will make a straight person gay.

  8. #738
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,869

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Sure it does it forces you to believe that SSM is the same as traditonal marraige when it clearly is not.
    What?

    How does a law "force you to believe" anything?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #739
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,730

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I'm walking away knowing that I at least tried to keep y'all from the eternal frying pan.
    I feel pretty good that judging others too kindly and not sufficiently condemning the sins of others is not my biggest worry with regard to how God will judge my life and where I failed.

  10. #740
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,014

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Name a Islamic country that does not persecute Christians and Jews.
    I did not make any comment about that. Most likely will do but that was not the point. You stated loads of countries that ban religion and you were wrong with that statement. Because as said, they ban other religions not "religion" itself.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •