Page 56 of 137 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 1363

Thread: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?[W:667]

  1. #551
    Guru
    The Baron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in Dixie
    Last Seen
    11-26-17 @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Typical conservative logic. "I know you completely destroyed my argument with logic and facts, but I'll stay with my massacred position because to give it up would cause more cognitive dissonance than I could handle."

    See, Baron, I don't care if someone has a different position than I. They'd just better be prepared to defend it with logic and facts. That didn't happen in this thread. Of course, Of course, YOU seem to not care about those silly things like logic and facts... if those things rip your argument to shreds. Perhaps if you did, you might have agreed with my thrashing of the OP... but NO! COGNITIVE DISSONANCE!
    SENSE of HUMOR!

    I'm getting you one for your birthday.
    "Liberalism is a doctrine fostered by a delusional and illogical people and rabidly promoted by the mainstream media and ruling elite which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - unknown

  2. #552
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,010

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    We limit how many people they can name on a legal medical power of attorney or how many they can have legally recognized at once.

    Living Wills, Health Care Proxies, & Advance Health Care Directives | Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law

    Now, when it comes to blood relations or other legal relationships that we don't choose, then there can legally be more than one person with that right, but it is more of a default thing rather than something being chosen by the person who might need those decisions made for them in the future. But these are due to inherent nature of the relationship to begin with. Marriages on the other hand are not something that happen because someone else chooses it for us. We don't choose our parents. And our parents have a right to both have a say for us, until we are able to and do decide to take it upon ourselves to choose someone else to do it for us.
    Didn't quite answer the question. When you have a single adult child with no PoA in a pull the plug situation, mom wants to pull the plug, dad doesn't. Who gets priority?
    Bi, Poly, Switch. I'm not indecisive, I'm greedy!

  3. #553
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    Didn't quite answer the question. When you have a single adult child with no PoA in a pull the plug situation, mom wants to pull the plug, dad doesn't. Who gets priority?
    Neither get the priority without a medical directive, which means that there might be conflict. This is something unavoidable in such situations of parents and children (of really any age), but that is why we work to minimize them in other cases where the person is choosing their relations. This is the reason that a person is only allowed to designate one legal medical proxy when they are choosing.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #554
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,183

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    No, it isn't a "BS statement", whether you have religion or not. Right and wrong are subjective. The very fact that there are so many different religions is evidence to this.
    Yes, it seems everything is subjective with you and yours. [based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions]

    Therein lies the problem. Core values...out the window Natural law...out the window Teaching our children the reality of right and wrong...out the window.

    Look around and see the fruits of that labor. [or lack there of]
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  5. #555
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Yes, it seems everything is subjective with you and yours. [based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions]

    Therein lies the problem. Core values...out the window Natural law...out the window Teaching our children the reality of right and wrong...out the window.

    Look around and see the fruits of that labor. [or lack there of]
    People have always taught their children different views of right and wrong. There has always been differences in our core values (at least between every single person). And natural law is a subjective philosophy, based on flawed beliefs.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #556
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Ah, labeling, a sign that a poster doesn't have an argument.
    That means nothing.
    You strongly argued that the notion of children is central to marriage. Do you believe that or do you not? I cited three of your posts suggesting you do.
    I'd like to see that quote. Same old same old.
    Now tell me, what is your view on people who will not or cannot have children? Since you have three times argued that children are central to marriage, should people who are unwilling or infertile still be allowed to get married?
    Zero quotes, as I said, you are not being honest.
    Here's where you are mistaken... children are essential for the continuation of the species, that is what I said. All that was to the point that same sex "marriage" is not the same as regular marriage.

    But as I see in other posts here, people have been so dishonest that they refuse to admit it, and actually state the false claim that it is the same. No point in even responding to those people.

    I'd also like to emphasize that my biggest concern here is the abuse of federal power. That just leads to more abuse. If a State okay's gay marriage, I can live with it. I don't agree, and feel that it is wrong, but that's fine.

    It is now a routine practice of the left to abuse our rights to get what they want. That is dangerous. And I have not seen one person on the left here with the slightest clue as to that fact.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  7. #557
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Yes, it seems everything is subjective with you and yours. [based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions]

    Therein lies the problem. Core values...out the window Natural law...out the window Teaching our children the reality of right and wrong...out the window.

    Look around and see the fruits of that labor. [or lack there of]
    You values that YOU feel are core and necessary. You and your religion do not get to dictate morality for the rest of us. Worry about yourself.

  8. #558
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    I'd also like to emphasize that my biggest concern here is the abuse of federal power. That just leads to more abuse. If a State okay's gay marriage, I can live with it. I don't agree, and feel that it is wrong, but that's fine.

    It is now a routine practice of the left to abuse our rights to get what they want. That is dangerous. And I have not seen one person on the left here with the slightest clue as to that fact.
    Funny how the right now claims they are afraid of federal abuse regarding marriage, but had no problems in the past with the federal dictating marriage and that other states had to recognize them. It was only when SSM came around they starting crying "abuse" with the federal government in regards to marriage. So go cry me a river because your comments are nothing but hypocritical and show that the agenda isn't about federal abuse, but that you don't like the idea of SSM.

  9. #559
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    That means nothing.

    I'd like to see that quote. Same old same old.

    Zero quotes, as I said, you are not being honest.
    Here's where you are mistaken... children are essential for the continuation of the species, that is what I said. All that was to the point that same sex "marriage" is not the same as regular marriage.

    But as I see in other posts here, people have been so dishonest that they refuse to admit it, and actually state the false claim that it is the same. No point in even responding to those people.

    I'd also like to emphasize that my biggest concern here is the abuse of federal power. That just leads to more abuse. If a State okay's gay marriage, I can live with it. I don't agree, and feel that it is wrong, but that's fine.

    It is now a routine practice of the left to abuse our rights to get what they want. That is dangerous. And I have not seen one person on the left here with the slightest clue as to that fact.
    Children are not what marriage is about. Children exist outside of marriage and same sex couples can make babies exist, the same ways that some opposite sex couples do, IVF, surrogacy, and donations, or simply by going outside of their marriage for the sole purpose of procreating.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #560
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,183

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    People have always taught their children different views of right and wrong. There has always been differences in our core values (at least between every single person). And natural law is a subjective philosophy, based on flawed beliefs.
    Which tenets of life do you feel the kids will use in theirs? The ones that required less rigidity. Less thought? Less consequence? Less effort?

    Yeah that where we're headed.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •