Page 53 of 137 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 1363

Thread: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?[W:667]

  1. #521
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,736

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    You can call it a marriage, but it's not. It's different, not the same as a marriage.
    LMAO.....well many states and millions of people already call it that.

    And you have yet to explain how it is 'not the same' as marriage.

    (I realize it's hard, since thousands of SSM households are doing it...but please try.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #522
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Cause that fosters so much debate....
    I'm not trying to foster the debate from people who present inaccurate information, who post dishonestly, or who continue to post illogical arguments even after it's been shown that they are illogical. I destroy those positions. If people don't like it, either start posting accurate information, post honest, post logical arguments, or stop complaining.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #523
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    You mean your church has decided to be culturally sensitive and overlook some of it's tenets.
    No, my religion decided to use the correct translation of the bible and to understand basic biblical tenets.

    So I reject their stance and your support of it.
    And I reject the stance of your religion... using inaccurate translations and rejecting basic biblical morals... and your support of it.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #524
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I stand by what I said.

    It's not superiority, it's simply right and wrong.
    Right and wrong are subjective.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #525
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    I was pointing out the fact that homosexual sex can not produce offspring and has no role in the continuation and evolution of the species, whereas heterosexual sex is essential to the continuation of the species. If people stopped having homosexual sex tomorrow, it wouldn't effect our species in the least, if at all. If heterosexual sex stops, humans vanish from the Earth. Just a slight difference there. Not a comment on marriage, but just on nature.
    Firstly, procreation is not a requirement for marriage, therefore the procreation argument is invalid. Secondly, the old "if no one had heterosexual sex, the species would die out" is an idiotic argument that has no basis in reality. It is an appeal to the absurd logical fallacy.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #526
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,648

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Navy, the only way that poll would have delivered interesting results would have been if it was evenly split or majority in favor. As I am not bothering to do it, I won't find out if it is interesting, but I highly doubt it.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  7. #527
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    That's nice, completely irrelevant though.
    Actually, it's completely relevant and sinks your argument on procreation.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #528
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Why you people feel the need to proclaim that homosexuals reproduce, with the opposite sex, is just strange. We know that. That's how the species survives, reproduction. Homosexuality is not part of that equation.
    And reproduction is not a requirement for marriage. Makes your connection of the two invalid.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #529
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Perhaps I didn't word it well enough. Heterosexual sex is essential to the continuation of the species. Doesn't mean all people must reproduce, but a significant number must to continue the species. Homosexual sex? Could disappear tomorrow forever, would not hurt the species at all, it would go on without missing a beat. So, are they the same? Certainly not. Is a homsexual union the same as a heterosexual marriage? Again, no.
    Ah. So you don't know the difference between sexual orientation and sexual behavior. What you say above has nothing to do with sexual orientation and uniting in marriage, It has to do with sexual behavior. Glad I could clear that up for you.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #530
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post


    Typical liberal logic: “if it doesn't agree with me it's biased, irrelevant, hateful, bigoted, mean, exploitive, ignorant, narrow-minded, unintelligent, retarded, hitlerian, racist, homophobic, xenophobic, masochistic, chauvinistic, maniacal, evil, depraved, smelly, fat, unhealthy, unhelpful, insensitive, individualistic, horrible, detestable, vile, odious, terrible, unbearable, intolerable, insufferable, revolting, repulsive, disgusting, sickening, ghastly, filthy, sordid, horrible, nauseating, repellent, prejudiced, unfair, partial, nasty, atrocious, ghastly, dreadful, shocking…

    It’s never, “Oh, somebody has a view different from mine? I wonder what it might be? Perhaps I should inquire of this fine, obviously-intelligent individual exactly what his opinion is and understand the subject as he see it and perhaps even engage in some civilized conversation that may bring us both closer to some objective truth?”

    But that’ll never happen ‘cause all Libs know how to do is destroy anything that does not mimic them.

    And you, sir! You call yourself “civilized”?

    Nothing could be further from the truth!


    Typical conservative logic. "I know you completely destroyed my argument with logic and facts, but I'll stay with my massacred position because to give it up would cause more cognitive dissonance than I could handle."

    See, Baron, I don't care if someone has a different position than I. They'd just better be prepared to defend it with logic and facts. That didn't happen in this thread. Of course, Of course, YOU seem to not care about those silly things like logic and facts... if those things rip your argument to shreds. Perhaps if you did, you might have agreed with my thrashing of the OP... but NO! COGNITIVE DISSONANCE!
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •