Page 5 of 137 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 1363

Thread: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?[W:667]

  1. #41
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    You would be making a rational point if "same-sex marriage" wasn't an oxymoron.
    Well, since same sex couples are in fact getting married that would make your statement demonstrably false, wouldn't it?

  2. #42
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Frankly I'm surprised the percentages are only in the 50+% range.
    In 2009 support was 33%, so a twenty point hike in just five years is actually kind of extraordinary.

  3. #43
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Well, since same sex couples are in fact getting married that would make your statement demonstrably false, wouldn't it?
    No. It would mean that there are places where the law has been amended to create the oxymoron of homosexual marriage. It doesn't mean it's not an oxymoron.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  4. #44
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,128

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Of course gays should be allowed to marry. Why should only heterosexuals be miserable.
    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

  5. #45
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    No. It would mean that there are places where the law has been amended to create the oxymoron of homosexual marriage. It doesn't mean it's not an oxymoron.
    LOL, okay.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    No. It would mean that there are places where the law has been amended to create the oxymoron of homosexual marriage. It doesn't mean it's not an oxymoron.
    And just because YOU and some other people think its an oxymoron doesn't make it so. The fact is the majority of society believes you are wrong.

  7. #47
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    Of course gays should be allowed to marry. Why should only heterosexuals be miserable.
    1995 wants its jokes back.

  8. #48
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,128

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    1995 wants its jokes back.
    And it workd just as well today.
    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

  9. #49
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    1995 wants its jokes back.
    Boy could I put down some remarks here.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #50
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Boy could I put down some remarks here.
    And none of them would be clever.

Page 5 of 137 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •