Page 45 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 1363

Thread: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?[W:667]

  1. #441
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,177

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    The majority of Texas voters...hmmmm. I'm a native Texan. I didn't vote for such and nor would I. You're referring to Prop 2 back in 2005. The majority that you speak of who voted for Prop 2 was 18% of the possible voters.

    But the thing is, majorities of a like mind, who vote in a particular way, doesn't make them on the right side of an issue...nor the right side of history.


    If there any confusion about the Texas voters who did vote on Prop 2...they were indeed folks who went to the polls to express their beliefs founded on their religious tenets.

    Anytime there's a morality issue that springs up...Texas is full of bible belters who rush to the polls. And there's nothing wrong with that. Perhaps the secular citizens of Texas being control by religious tenet don't mind..NOW. But eventually they will.

    But there's a little document that has the power to overturn religious controlled districts or areas of our nation. It's called The Constitution of the United States.

    Texas' Constitutional Amendment was rightfully declared UNCONSTITUTIONAL. Why?



    You are familiar with why this nation is a Republic form of government - right?
    That wasn't a bad turnout for an off-year elections.

    It was overwhelming.

    Yes 1,723,782 - 76.25%
    No 536,913 - 23.74%

    Like I said, this was nearly ten years ago...let's re-vote.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  2. #442
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,868

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    And marriage is between a man and a woman, because it is not the same as a gay union.
    In my state, marriage is also between a man and a man or a woman and a woman and to them...and many of the rest of us...it's exactly the same.


    Again, you state the oddest things as if they are facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #443
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,007

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    And marriage is between a man and a woman, because it is not the same as a gay union.
    Why not? because you say so?
    Sorry that isnt gonna fly
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  4. #444
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,506

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    That wasn't a bad turnout for an off-year elections.

    It was overwhelming.

    Yes 1,723,782 - 76.25%
    No 536,913 - 23.74%

    Like I said, this was nearly ten years ago...let's re-vote.
    Well, like I said...those numbers reflect only 18 percent of the voters. There's no need to revote. That wouldn't make it anymore Constitutional.

  5. #445
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,177

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Well, like I said...those numbers reflect only 18 percent of the voters. There's no need to revote. That wouldn't make it anymore Constitutional.
    It's not the FedGov's responsibility to define marriage so, it falls to the states.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  6. #446
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,506

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    It's not the FedGov's responsibility to define marriage so, it falls to the states.

    So says you...

  7. #447
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,177

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    So says you...
    So says the tenth.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  8. #448
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,868

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    It's not the FedGov's responsibility to define marriage so, it falls to the states.
    The states werent allowed to redefine it to limit races from marrying....so why should they be able to here?

    And someone has already posted a long list of religious support for keeping marriage segregated....did you see it? I can repost it for you if you like.

    So this isnt based on 'sin.' (Not that any laws should be based on your idea of sin.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #449
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Perhaps I didn't word it well enough. Heterosexual sex is essential to the continuation of the species. Doesn't mean all people must reproduce, but a significant number must to continue the species. Homosexual sex? Could disappear tomorrow forever, would not hurt the species at all, it would go on without missing a beat. So, are they the same? Certainly not.
    Rhetoric that has NOTHING to do with marriage. People that are gay will be gay regardless of marriage being legal for them or not.

    Is a homsexual union the same as a heterosexual marriage? Again, no.
    It absolutely is because procreation is not a requirement for marriage. PERIOD, end of story. Got any other rhetoric?

  10. #450
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-17 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    I think this is a good point that is overlooked, mostly because of PC reasons and that the gay marriage crowd doesn't want to face it. People mate to procreate, and to keep the species going.
    Very good point and completely (although not exclusively) true. This however has nothing to do with whether gay marriage should be legal.
    Gay marriage should be legal because when two opposite sex people choose to engage in a relationship they receive certain protections and benefits under the law. Two same sex persons making the same choice should be exactly protected. The Bill of Rights guarantees this.
    From the ashes.

Page 45 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •