Page 44 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 1363

Thread: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?[W:667]

  1. #431
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    They do reproduce with the opposite sex. ROFLMAO...where do you think all their bio kids come from????

    Infertile couples, couples that dont want kids, couples marry in their elder years....also not part of any reproductive equation. (psssssssst! still allowed to marry)
    I guess you are just willfully not going to get the point. Passive aggressive, whatever. Doesn't warrant consideration.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  2. #432
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,192

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    No, you were just making a snarky remark, which is fine, just admit it.
    Not at all, just pointed out the outdated and misinformed statement you made. You know the one absent of facts.

  3. #433
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,954

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    I guess you are just willfully not going to get the point. Passive aggressive, whatever. Doesn't warrant consideration.
    No, your denial that gays absolutely do desire families AND have biological children borders on the ridiculous. I was giving your FACTS.

    And since we already know that reproduction has nothing to do with the legal contract of marriage in the US, continuing to think it's relevant also demonstrates a serious lack of ability to comprehend a discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #434
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,038

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Irrelevant to the point I made.
    Your point was a naturalist argument, that procreation is the point of marriage. Now I'm asking you to respond to the fact that heterosexuals who are unable or unwilling to have kids are getting married and how that affects your naturalistic position.

  5. #435
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Your point was a naturalist argument, that procreation is the point of marriage. Now I'm asking you to respond to the fact that heterosexuals who are unable or unwilling to have kids are getting married and how that affects your naturalistic position.
    Perhaps I didn't word it well enough. Heterosexual sex is essential to the continuation of the species. Doesn't mean all people must reproduce, but a significant number must to continue the species. Homosexual sex? Could disappear tomorrow forever, would not hurt the species at all, it would go on without missing a beat. So, are they the same? Certainly not. Is a homsexual union the same as a heterosexual marriage? Again, no.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  6. #436
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,528

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Texas voters overwhelmingly voted that marriage should only be between one man and one woman. Of course that was in 2006. We'd be willing to put it to a vote again if it's allowed to stick.
    The majority of Texas voters...hmmmm. I'm a native Texan. I didn't vote for such and nor would I. You're referring to Prop 2 back in 2005. The majority that you speak of who voted for Prop 2 was 18% of the possible voters.

    But the thing is, majorities of a like mind, who vote in a particular way, doesn't make them on the right side of an issue...nor the right side of history.


    If there any confusion about the Texas voters who did vote on Prop 2...they were indeed folks who went to the polls to express their beliefs founded on their religious tenets.

    Anytime there's a morality issue that springs up...Texas is full of bible belters who rush to the polls. And there's nothing wrong with that. Perhaps the secular citizens of Texas being control by religious tenet don't mind..NOW. But eventually they will.

    But there's a little document that has the power to overturn religious controlled districts or areas of our nation. It's called The Constitution of the United States.

    Texas' Constitutional Amendment was rightfully declared UNCONSTITUTIONAL. Why?

    Judge Garcia echoed his colleagues Wednesday with respect to Texas, saying that "equal treatment of all individuals under the law is not merely an aspiration it is a constitutional mandate."

    "(The Texas law) is unconstitutional because, without a rational relationship to a legitimate governmental purpose, it denies same-sex couples the benefits, dignity and value of celebrating marriage and having their out-of-state marriage recognized," the judge said.

    In his ruling, Garcia raised notable arguments from some supporters of same-sex marriage bans: that allowing such unions would hurt children raised in them, that it would stifle procreation and that it "could lead to the recognition of bigamy, incest, pedophilia and group marriage."

    The judge then shot down the defense's case. "Procreation is not and has never been a qualification for marriage" and "tradition, alone, cannot form a rational basis for a law."
    You are familiar with why this nation is a Republic form of government - right?

  7. #437
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,954

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Perhaps I didn't word it well enough. Heterosexual sex is essential to the continuation of the species. Doesn't mean all people must reproduce, but a significant number must to continue the species. Homosexual sex? Could disappear tomorrow forever, would not hurt the species at all, it would go on without missing a beat. So, are they the same? Certainly not. Is a homsexual union the same as a heterosexual marriage? Again, no.
    Still pretty light on facts here.

    --Gays produce straight kids

    --Gays desire to continue to produce kids, adopt, etc etc, therefore having families and enabling the continuation of the species.

    --Not allowing gays to reproduce (not at issue here) would not lead to MORE kids. The implication this makes is that gays take reproductive people out of the population...like they would 'change' and sleep with women without the option. That is not the case (it's pretty much a 'duh.')

    --And as mentioned earlier, they will still reproduce whether SSM is legal or not....just like straight people do. Reproduction is the strongest instinct on the planet.....it's not going anywhere and I have seen no studies that this instinct is less in gays. And again....they produce kids to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #438
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,041

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Perhaps I didn't word it well enough. Heterosexual sex is essential to the continuation of the species. Doesn't mean all people must reproduce, but a significant number must to continue the species. Homosexual sex? Could disappear tomorrow forever, would not hurt the species at all, it would go on without missing a beat. So, are they the same? Certainly not. Is a homsexual union the same as a heterosexual marriage? Again, no.
    Marriage is not a requirement for reproduction. That can be done just as easily inside as outside fo marriage.
    Marriage is a contract that provides rights/responsabilities to those involved.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  9. #439
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    Marriage is not a requirement for reproduction. That can be done just as easily inside as outside fo marriage.
    Marriage is a contract that provides rights/responsabilities to those involved.
    And marriage is between a man and a woman, because it is not the same as a gay union.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  10. #440
    Guru
    The Baron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in Dixie
    Last Seen
    11-26-17 @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Townhall.com is a conservative website... meaning that conservatives frequent it... meaning that any results will be biased and irrelevant.
    Typical liberal logic: “if it doesn't agree with me it's biased, irrelevant, hateful, bigoted, mean, exploitive, ignorant, narrow-minded, unintelligent, retarded, hitlerian, racist, homophobic, xenophobic, masochistic, chauvinistic, maniacal, evil, depraved, smelly, fat, unhealthy, unhelpful, insensitive, individualistic, horrible, detestable, vile, odious, terrible, unbearable, intolerable, insufferable, revolting, repulsive, disgusting, sickening, ghastly, filthy, sordid, horrible, nauseating, repellent, prejudiced, unfair, partial, nasty, atrocious, ghastly, dreadful, shocking…

    It’s never, “Oh, somebody has a view different from mine? I wonder what it might be? Perhaps I should inquire of this fine, obviously-intelligent individual exactly what his opinion is and understand the subject as he see it and perhaps even engage in some civilized conversation that may bring us both closer to some objective truth?”

    But that’ll never happen ‘cause all Libs know how to do is destroy anything that does not mimic them.

    And you, sir! You call yourself “civilized”?

    Nothing could be further from the truth!


    "Liberalism is a doctrine fostered by a delusional and illogical people and rabidly promoted by the mainstream media and ruling elite which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - unknown

Page 44 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •