Page 43 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 1363

Thread: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?[W:667]

  1. #421
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Yes, they do produce biologically and do so naturally or go thru the same medical lengths as straight people to do so with IVF and surrogacy.

    Relating the legal contract of marriage to 'nature' is useless, as it does not restrict anyone else based on that single criteria, such as the infertile, elderly, or those that dont want kids.

    Next?
    Why you people feel the need to proclaim that homosexuals reproduce, with the opposite sex, is just strange. We know that. That's how the species survives, reproduction. Homosexuality is not part of that equation.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  2. #422
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,930

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Why you people feel the need to proclaim that homosexuals reproduce, with the opposite sex, is just strange. We know that. That's how the species survives, reproduction. Homosexuality is not part of that equation.
    They do reproduce with the opposite sex. ROFLMAO...where do you think all their bio kids come from????

    Infertile couples, couples that dont want kids, couples marry in their elder years....also not part of any reproductive equation. (psssssssst! still allowed to marry)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #423
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,930

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    People mate to procreate, and to keep the species going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    My wife and I didn't mate to procreate, and we have no intention of ever doing so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    That's nice, completely irrelevant though.
    No, it's a direct contradiction to your claim. Do you not understand that? Is there a way we can make it clear that his statement (and a similar one by me) prove you wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #424
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,930

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    There you go. It all depends on community standards. I live across the river from West Virginia. I know their community standards are different. I'm good with that.
    Yes well we are actually discussing human civil rights here and they had exactly that kind of thinking back during Jim Crow and the civil rights movement.

    Was that acceptable? Was enacting racist laws ok based on 'community standards?'
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #425
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    I would probably vote not to include same-sex couples in the law here in California, but I would not be very upset if the vote went the other way. We have lots of policies I'm not wild about, but I can live with them. I'm far more concerned about a related problem, and an extremely serious one, that tends to get lost in the shuffle. Playing fast and loose with the Constitution is like tampering with the flight controls on an airliner.

    Most of the people who have the bit in their teeth on this issue--and I see quite a few of them on forums like these--don't care a damn about the rule of law. All they care about is getting the result they want. And if the only way to get it is to do enormous, irreparable damage to the Constitution, well, so what? To them, the Constitution is just an obstacle to doing what they all know is kind, sensitive, and in all ways just generally wonderful. Amend it? Nah, too much trouble. Just ignore it.

    The homosexual-rights lobby, which includes several Supreme Court justices, is a lot like the abortion lobby of forty or fifty years ago. Then, the fruit of their labors was Roe v. Wade, a notoriously arbitrary decision that ranks right down with 1857's Dred Scott v. Sandford as one of the Court's all-time worst. Study the decisions Justice Kennedy has written during the past eighteen years in the Court's major "gay" decisions, Romer, Lawrence, and Windsor, and you can see another Roe in the works.

    Whether homosexuals can marry each other in a given state should be for the people of that state to decide, and no one else. A state that excludes same-sex couples from its marriage law is not violating anything whatever in the Constitution; the only way to have a constitutional right to same-sex marriage is to make it up out of thin air. But the same is true of a right to abortion, and that didn't stop the Court forty years ago. Remember: a Court that can interpret the Constitution so as to create rights which are not there can also interpret it so as to destroy rights which are there.

  6. #426
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Since when do liberals or anyone with a conscience support animal abuse?
    Who says liberals must have a conscience? Seems to me all they really have to have are deviant sexual perversions or a burning desire to have the government give them other people's money.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  7. #427
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,930

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Who says liberals must have a conscience? Seems to me all they really have to have are deviant sexual perversions or a burning desire to have the government give them other people's money.
    Yes, because all the states named where bestiality is legal are blue states.

    ROFLMAO

    Like I said, you are just embarrassing yourself here...you should really drop this attempted line of argument....you lost long ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #428
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Yes, because all the states named where bestiality is legal are blue states.

    ROFLMAO

    Like I said, you are just embarrassing yourself here...you should really drop this attempted line of argument....you lost long ago.
    Right. You think everyone in red states is a conservative and then talk about my reasoning and embarrassment. Thanks for sharing that
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  9. #429
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,930

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Right. You think everyone in red states is a conservative and then talk about my reasoning and embarrassment. Thanks for sharing that
    I didnt say everyone....but the "fact" that that's the way those states vote indicates the majority of their voter base...does it not?

    Um...do you know what facts are? I'm starting to think this whole line of discussion would have been shorter if you were clear on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #430
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Who says liberals must have a conscience? Seems to me all they really have to have are deviant sexual perversions or a burning desire to have the government give them other people's money.
    I am sure about the other people's money part. I am not sure about how sexually deviant they are, but I am sure that they would support such behavior if they felt it would get them votes. I really don't know what their limits are there. Take our great leader (please). He needed votes and money, so he supported gay marriage. The funny thing is that the people he used for this still don't have a clue.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

Page 43 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •