Page 42 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 1363

Thread: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?[W:667]

  1. #411
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I stand by what I said.

    It's not superiority, it's simply right and wrong.
    And you dont get to tell people what to do.

    Even in "your world," that's up to God, not you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #412
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    I think this is a good point that is overlooked, mostly because of PC reasons and that the gay marriage crowd doesn't want to face it. People mate to procreate, and to keep the species going.
    LOLOLOLOLOL


    We never wanted children and we sure 'mated' plenty!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #413
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Use your head. Consent isn't an issue with animals. They don't have to consent to you owning them or slaughtering them or mutilating them or eating them or doing anything to them. Consent was never the reason why bestiality is illegal. The fact that it's disgusting and unnatural has always been the reason why it's illegal.
    LOLOL You do have to consent to enter into a contract...which marriage is. Owning them, eating them, dont require contracts. Did you think this thru?



    Aside from that, I said that it's a public health issue and it often constitutes animal abuse (many smaller animals suffer/die painfully).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #414
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Animal abuse wasn't an issue until modern times. Bestiality laws didn't arise from some legal conscience about animal rights. It's a far, far stretch to assert that a horse getting a blowjob is being tortured. But it's plenty illegal. Why? Because it's disgusting and unnatural.
    YOu are embarrassing yourself by trying to make a (mistaken) point.

    In order to avoid the relevance to SSM I imagine? Please get back on topic.

    Even if something is 'illegal' because it's unnatural and disgusting, it doesnt mean that it should be today. That meets NO standards of law today.

    I find foot fetishes unnatural and disgusting...I see no reason nor right of the people to make it illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #415
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    We were merely discussing the fact that we can and do base laws on what we consider right and wrong based on any variety of reasons we may have up to and including forbidding what we consider unnatural. It's the truth and you don't have to like it for it to be true.
    You have yet to prove it to be true. So we reject your opinion, as well as the premise that 'unnatural and disgusting' would today *ever* be the legal basis for infringing on someone's rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #416
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Irrelevant to your blanket claim that people marry in order to procreate?
    Irrelevant to the point I made.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  7. #417
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Well, I suppose we'll see how it works out when the deviant left challenges bestiality laws, won't we?
    Since when do liberals or anyone with a conscience support animal abuse?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #418
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    I was pointing out the fact that homosexual sex can not produce offspring and has no role in the continuation and evolution of the species, whereas heterosexual sex is essential to the continuation of the species. If people stopped having homosexual sex tomorrow, it wouldn't effect our species in the least, if at all. If heterosexual sex stops, humans vanish from the Earth. Just a slight difference there. Not a comment on marriage, but just on nature.
    Yes, they do produce biologically and do so naturally or go thru the same medical lengths as straight people to do so with IVF and surrogacy.

    Relating the legal contract of marriage to 'nature' is useless, as it does not restrict anyone else based on that single criteria, such as the infertile, elderly, or those that dont want kids.

    Next?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #419
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    I do my best all the time, that is why I made the suggestion to you, so you can try it also.
    No, you were just making a snarky remark, which is fine, just admit it.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  10. #420
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Oh, but it is different, is it not? Marriage is the union of two opposite sex people, a building block of human society, why should we call the union of two same sex people the same thing, when it clearly is not? Why do we have to go out of our way to do this? Why can't gays just get the same rights in their unions?
    How are stable gay families not 'building blocks' of human society?

    Again, many straight families have adopted kids, step kids or use other means to have kids.....are they stable building blocks of society?
    The families exist and will continue to do so.

    And if they are all the same except for gender, is there some reason that you feel the need (other than offense...because it truly is perfectly 'clear' to everyone, it's not a matter of confusion) to create another govt bureaucracy? So much for 'smaller govt' and 'less govt intrusion in our lives'. Not too hypocritical.....I guess you only want that when it suits your purposes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 42 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •