Page 41 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 1363

Thread: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?[W:667]

  1. #401
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,564

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    You should get out more often and also try reading some books.
    You should open yourself up to accepting facts.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  2. #402
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,564

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    My wife and I didn't mate to procreate, and we have no intention of ever doing so.
    That's nice, completely irrelevant though.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  3. #403
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,034

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    That's nice, completely irrelevant though.
    Irrelevant to your blanket claim that people marry in order to procreate? No, actually it's dead on. As is the fact that sterile and people over procreating age get married all the time. Reality contradicts your opinion of how things should be.

  4. #404
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Well, we know one place where Liberals won't challenge bestiality laws. Texas! Yep, totally legit there. Also Kentucky, Nevada, North Carolina, West Virginia and Wyoming.
    There you go. It all depends on community standards. I live across the river from West Virginia. I know their community standards are different. I'm good with that.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  5. #405
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,169

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    You should open yourself up to accepting facts.
    I do my best all the time, that is why I made the suggestion to you, so you can try it also.

  6. #406
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,034

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    There you go. It all depends on community standards. I live across the river from West Virginia. I know their community standards are different. I'm good with that.
    So bestiality sounds a lot more like a rural/conservative thing then rather than a "loony left" thing. In fact, since those opposing bestiality are so concerned about gay marriage leading to bestality, they would have done something about it going on right in their own back yards. But nope, I guess when push comes to shove bestiality is totally okey dokey as far as they're concerned.

  7. #407
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Well, I suppose we'll see how it works out when the deviant left challenges bestiality laws, won't we?
    Animals cannot consent to sexual activity, and they aren't protected by the constitution. Your comparison of homosexuality to bestiality is just pathetic. You've lost this argument, so you want to try and tie it to a different one where you have a stronger position.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #408
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Oh, but it is different, is it not? Marriage is the union of two opposite sex people, a building block of human society, why should we call the union of two same sex people the same thing, when it clearly is not? Why do we have to go out of our way to do this? Why can't gays just get the same rights in their unions?
    The constitution requires the government treat them the same, barring an important state interest in making a distinction of gender. The government doesn't have the authority to define marriage as between a man and a woman.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #409
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,854

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Texas voters overwhelmingly voted that marriage should only be between one man and one woman. Of course that was in 2006. We'd be willing to put it to a vote again if it's allowed to stick.
    That doesnt make them right.

    People in the Southern states voted that marriage should only be between the same races. Should they have been allowed to keep interracial marriage illegal....because 'that's what they wanted?'
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #410
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    So bestiality sounds a lot more like a rural/conservative thing then rather than a "loony left" thing. In fact, since those opposing bestiality are so concerned about gay marriage leading to bestality, they would have done something about it going on right in their own back yards. But nope, I guess when push comes to shove bestiality is totally okey dokey as far as they're concerned.
    Wow. Did you somehow come to the ridiculous conclusion that all rural people are conservative? Damn, man, why do you think "red states" have so many welfare cases.... they've got plenty of liberals living in them.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

Page 41 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •