Page 135 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137 LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1363

Thread: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?[W:667]

  1. #1341
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amandi View Post
    Thank you for clarifying.
    No problem.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #1342
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,010

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amandi View Post
    For the first part, no it doesnt mean anything to me. Lack of witness doesnt mean something didnt/doesnt happen.
    For the second part, I believe only Jesus has been resurected so far.
    So Lazarus is a pure fabrication?
    Bi, Poly, Switch. I'm not indecisive, I'm greedy!

  3. #1343
    Sage


    RAMOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    20,103

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by TobyOne View Post
    Wouldn't be much of a religion if it was based on something that happened a lot. Religions become religions because of supernatural events or perceived supernatural events. Science, by definition, doesn't do well with this. However, science isn't an authority, its just a tool.


    The trap that most atheists fall into is that their conclusion is their premise. Miracles don't happen because miracles can't happen. There's probably a fancy latin name for that. Its the same as believers saying the bible is the truth because the bible says so. Two opposite sides of the issue using the same fallacy.
    Well, then, when you show me an example, just 1 that can be verified with independent evidence that someone was resurrected, I will change my mind.

    Science is not an authority. It is a methodology. It is using rational reasoning, testing ideas, and trying to prove an idea wrong. (falsibility).

    And, you are doing the psychological technique known as 'projection' in your claim that atheists have their conclusion in their premise,.. when it comes to the resurrection in particular. Horrible claim there, and there is a strawman there.. since the claim 'there is no evidence out of all those claims that miracles happen that any miracle has been shown to be a miracle.

  4. #1344
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,792

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amandi View Post
    Why, was he there?

    I am not really concerned with how I look to you. If you cant see the difference between debunked and no proof of, then you opinion is suspect to me anyway.
    No and neither were you so stop being ridiculous and asking silly things.

    What you're saying is as absurd as saying you can't prove that General Lee didn't ride into battle during the Civil War on a unicorn. After all, you weren't there. But we have no reason to think that unicorns are real and all the evidence we have says it didn't happen, therefore it has been effectively debunked. The same is true of the Jesus myth. It violates everything that we know about the Roman occupation and how they carried out crucifixions. Clearly the accounts in the Bible were written by people unfamiliar with the actual practices. We already know that they were not written by the people whose names are on them. The whole thing is a ridiculous fabrication.

    And you fell for it. That makes your opinion pretty suspect.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #1345
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,792

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    So Lazarus is a pure fabrication?
    It's *ALL* pure fabrication.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  6. #1346
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,792

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You got caught up in an old argument of which you are unaware of the context. I am Jewish. Based on Judaism, the resurrection never occurred... so in context of my religion, the word "debunked" is accurate.
    Just for clarification, it doesn't really matter what tradition and mythology say, only what actually happened in reality and according to all of the evidence we have, none of it ever occurred. What people believe about it is largely irrelevant.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  7. #1347
    I am the pretty one.
    TobyOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,320

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    There's no projection. I'm atheist myself - or maybe agnostic depending on your definition. The catholic church even in modern times investigates and identifies miracles. Are they miracles? They can't be "debunked" either. Ultimately, as always, it comes down to faith.

    .
    Quote Originally Posted by RAMOSS View Post
    Well, then, when you show me an example, just 1 that can be verified with independent evidence that someone was resurrected, I will change my mind.

    Science is not an authority. It is a methodology. It is using rational reasoning, testing ideas, and trying to prove an idea wrong. (falsibility).

    And, you are doing the psychological technique known as 'projection' in your claim that atheists have their conclusion in their premise,.. when it comes to the resurrection in particular. Horrible claim there, and there is a strawman there.. since the claim 'there is no evidence out of all those claims that miracles happen that any miracle has been shown to be a miracle.

  8. #1348
    I am the pretty one.
    TobyOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,320

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    No its not. You don't know what "debunked" is. A christian can not say the story of Mohammed is debunked just because they're christian. Words don't change meaning based on your identity or religion.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You got caught up in an old argument of which you are unaware of the context. I am Jewish. Based on Judaism, the resurrection never occurred... so in context of my religion, the word "debunked" is accurate.

  9. #1349
    Sage


    RAMOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    20,103

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by TobyOne View Post
    No its not. You don't know what "debunked" is. A christian can not say the story of Mohammed is debunked just because they're christian. Words don't change meaning based on your identity or religion.
    You are not reading. You are dismissing what is said, and what you just wrote has nothing to do with the the points made. I see a lot of denial of evidence and hand waving of the points due to preconceived notions.

  10. #1350
    Educator Amandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Last Seen
    06-19-15 @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    905
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    So Lazarus is a pure fabrication?
    No, more like my thinking differently when I wrote that. Lazarus was raised from the dead and that might be resurection. When I wrote that I was thinking resurection that will be forever.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •