Page 133 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1363

Thread: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?[W:667]

  1. #1321
    I am the pretty one.
    TobyOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,320

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Exactly. Including claims that something is "debunked".


    Quote Originally Posted by RAMOSS View Post
    Oh gosh, I will also say that anything that is proclaims without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. The allged miracles , such as 'walking on water' can be showen to be physically impossible,.. that's makes those stories debunked as historical events.

  2. #1322
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,969

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Ok rogue, sure thing. If you think that half of all marriages ending in divorce equals success, knock your socks off. It neither breaks my leg nor picks my pocket.
    The point is that marriages shouldn't be judged as successes or failures in whether they end, but in how they go. If the couple deems that they don't want to be together anymore then there is no failure there. They are simply ending a relationship. Likely, they learned something about themselves within that marriage, within that relationship, particularly if they are parting on good terms.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #1323
    Sage
    Logicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,701

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I know you already dismissed it, but it doesn't make it go away, lol.
    And it will never go away until all the Biblically and spiritually challenged nimwits drop down into the Pit.
    "Progressives aren't really progressive. They're regressive, all the way back to Sodom and Gomorrah." - author unknown

  4. #1324
    Educator Amandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Last Seen
    06-19-15 @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    905
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMOSS View Post
    That saying . not true...and incorrect in this manner, because we have several billion examples of it not happening, and zero examples of it being verified to have happened . That not absence of evidence.
    Do you have a link to your billions of examples? Face it you have no proof that it didn't happen I have no proof that it didn't happen. At least I admit what I do or do not have.

  5. #1325
    Educator Amandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Last Seen
    06-19-15 @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    905
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Which I just provided. The Romans didn't operate the way they're described in the myth.
    Could you please provide proof that in the hundreds of years that the Romans were in power they never once did anything that was different then tradition?

  6. #1326
    Sage

    RAMOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:07 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    20,116

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amandi View Post
    Do you have a link to your billions of examples? Face it you have no proof that it didn't happen I have no proof that it didn't happen. At least I admit what I do or do not have.
    Yes, I can give you those.. I'll give you a place to start. First, start reading the obituaries in the news paper.

  7. #1327
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,010

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMOSS View Post
    Oh gosh, I will also say that anything that is proclaims without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. The allged miracles , such as 'walking on water' can be showen to be physically impossible,.. that's makes those stories debunked as historical events.
    Um, that's the very definition of a miracle.

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Sorry to hit your nerve. As I told rogue already. It doesn't matter what you think of marriage, if you think a 50% fail rate is success, write it down and yell it from the halls, I really don't care. Gay marriage will probably have a similar and failing effect, but hey, they should have a chance at it too!
    I'm not sure what nerve you think you hit. Rougenuke and I are simply pointing out the failing logic of your argument. Let's put in a different view. When we look at whether something is failing or not we look at and for causes. If 50% of drivers are driving off of the road, and there is nothing wrong with the cars, then do we call cars failures? No. We look at the real cause and call either our drivers, or our driving training courses failures. Or maybe it's the roads that are the failing cause. So in this case, is it marriage (cars) that is the failure or is it the people (drivers) entering into marriage that is the problem? To simply point to the 50% divorce rate and call marriage a failure is use of the correlation/causation fallacy.

    Quote Originally Posted by TobyOne View Post
    And just because we haven't seen space aliens doesn't mean they're "debunked".
    Kind of makes you wonder how long people were saying the heliocentric model of the solar system was debunked?
    Bi, Poly, Switch. I'm not indecisive, I'm greedy!

  8. #1328
    Educator Amandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Last Seen
    06-19-15 @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    905
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMOSS View Post
    Yes, I can give you those.. I'll give you a place to start. First, start reading the obituaries in the news paper.
    I thought we were still talking about how long the Romans left people on the cross.

    The people in the obituaries just havent resurected yet. ;-)

  9. #1329
    Sage

    RAMOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:07 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    20,116

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amandi View Post
    I thought we were still talking about how long the Romans left people on the cross.

    The people in the obituaries just havent resurected yet. ;-)
    There is no evidence they will. As for the ones the Romans put on the cross, except for religious dogma,lets see you provide any evidence that a dead person came back to life. Stories with religious motivation is the claim, not the evidence.

  10. #1330
    Educator Amandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Last Seen
    06-19-15 @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    905
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMOSS View Post
    There is no evidence they will. As for the ones the Romans put on the cross, except for religious dogma,lets see you provide any evidence that a dead person came back to life. Stories with religious motivation is the claim, not the evidence.
    I am not claiming Jesus was resurected. I believe He did and every one who dies will but that is my faith and opinion. I dont care to try to convince you since it is a matter of faith.

    The only thing that will make me reconsider what I believe on faith is real evidence. So far I have done this with evolution, the global flood, and the Genesis account; but no one has shown actual evidence that the resurection didnt happen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •