Page 131 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1363

Thread: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?[W:667]

  1. #1301
    Educator Amandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Last Seen
    06-19-15 @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    905
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMOSS View Post
    It's like this..we ahve positive evidence that people who die, and are rotting in the grave for three days, stay dead. There is no evidence other than unsupported religious claims and dogma that principle has been violated.

    Therefore, we have evidence, that just doesn't happen. We have billions off examples of that not happening.
    Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

  2. #1302
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,055

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amandi View Post
    Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
    Yeah, but you know what? After a zillion claims and zero evidence, we're pretty cool with moving on as though it's evidence of absence. There's no point in remaining stuck on a claim that has long had its chance to substantiate itself and has clearly chosen not to do so.

    But rest assured, the scientific process is patient. Scientists will be more than happy to consider evidence at such time it is offered.

  3. #1303
    Educator Amandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Last Seen
    06-19-15 @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    905
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Yeah, but you know what? After a zillion claims and zero evidence, we're pretty cool with moving on as though it's evidence of absence. There's no point in remaining stuck on a claim that has long had its chance to substantiate itself and has clearly chosen not to do so.

    But rest assured, the scientific process is patient. Scientists will be more than happy to consider evidence at such time it is offered.
    I am cool with that.

  4. #1304
    I am the pretty one.
    TobyOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,320

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?[W:667]

    Who would be the host? Maybe Ryan Seacrest? I hope its some hot lesbian.



    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    i support gay marriage only if it leads to gay divorce court on tv!

  5. #1305
    I am the pretty one.
    TobyOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,320

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    "Debunked" would mean proving that the biblical accounts are false - which even the most liberal of scholars can't do. If someone says the resurrection has been "debunked" what they really mean is that they don't believe the accounts in the NT - which is fine, events in the NT are so far unprovable and extremely unlikely. Ultimately its a matter of faith.

    Its is funny how the people who wield "science" as some type of talisman don't really understand how it works.




    Quote Originally Posted by Amandi View Post
    Then say what you mean and mean what you say. Debunk means proof has been given; if all you want to say is there is no proof for something I wouldnt have even spoke up.
    Last edited by TobyOne; 09-03-14 at 02:56 AM.

  6. #1306
    I am the pretty one.
    TobyOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,320

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    True, roman custom does say this. In fact, liberal scholars would also say there was no trial, Pontius Pilate would certainly not have been involved in such a minor affair of yet another Jewish rebel. There would be standing orders to simply execute any troublemakers. The story of releasing Barrabas would never happen, the romans weren't in the business of releasing prisoners to appease locals. Its more likely that Jesus was put into a common grave - not even a grave, a pit and his body eaten by dogs.

    However, that doesn't mean that the narrative in the gospels didn't happen. You can't point to custom and likelihoods to "debunk" events. Unless you have actual proof you can only work with likelihoods, probabilities, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    There is no evidence whatsoever to support a resurrection. In fact, the whole crucifixion story is nonsense, it was Roman custom to leave the corpses on the crosses to rot, especially in the case of capital criminals, which Jesus certainly would have been. Therefore, he wouldn't have been given to Joseph of Aramathea, he wouldn't have been placed in a tomb and he could not have risen from the dead. The whole story is absurd and not in keeping with the facts.

  7. #1307
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMOSS View Post
    Well, some right wing fanatics are getting their marriages ruined by Gays. I mean, let's look at Johnathan Saenz... a Texas politician who is an ardent denier of SSM. His wife filed for divorce in 2011, got it finalized in 2013, and his wife left him for another woman.
    Has nothing to do with Gay Marriage though. I also know some marriages that have been ruined by a 40 year old man leaving his wife for a 20 something year old women. Nothing to do with SSM being legal though.

  8. #1308
    Sage

    RAMOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    20,129

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amandi View Post
    Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
    That saying . not true...and incorrect in this manner, because we have several billion examples of it not happening, and zero examples of it being verified to have happened . That not absence of evidence.

  9. #1309
    Sage

    RAMOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    20,129

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by TobyOne View Post
    "Debunked" would mean proving that the biblical accounts are false - which even the most liberal of scholars can't do. If someone says the resurrection has been "debunked" what they really mean is that they don't believe the accounts in the NT - which is fine, events in the NT are so far unprovable and extremely unlikely. Ultimately its a matter of faith.

    Its is funny how the people who wield "science" as some type of talisman don't really understand how it works.
    Oh gosh, I will also say that anything that is proclaims without evidence can be dismissed without evidence. The allged miracles , such as 'walking on water' can be showen to be physically impossible,.. that's makes those stories debunked as historical events.

  10. #1310
    Sage

    RAMOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    20,129

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Has nothing to do with Gay Marriage though. I also know some marriages that have been ruined by a 40 year old man leaving his wife for a 20 something year old women. Nothing to do with SSM being legal though.
    It is an example of why at least one right wing person is being so vocal against it though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •