Page 129 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1363

Thread: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?[W:667]

  1. #1281
    Sage

    Scrabaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,556

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Who would be forced to officiate them? Priests? Because if you're referring to religious officials that's not a proposal anywhere.
    I was just heading off any counter argument of 'what if people are forced to perform them?'

    Here in Canada, it is coded into the law that churches cannot be forced to have them.

  2. #1282
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    Failure in the use of something does not automatically equate to the failure of the thing itself. If 50% of the people who buy a car try to use it as a boat, they will fail. That doesn't mean that cars are failures. The institution of marriage in and of itself is neither good nor bad, success or failure. It simply is. It's how people apply it in their lives and whom they enter into the institution with that will determine whether or not that particular incident of the institution succeeds of fails.



    Sanctity is a subjective term and not all people view marriage as a sacred institution. Besides we are not talking about such marriages, we are discussing legal marriages, which run across all religious and non-religious lines. We're not worried if something is sacred or not when it comes to law. The 50% divorce rate includes all atheists and agnostics as well as other religions. So the question is what is the breakdown of rates among all these various groups. I would additionally like to see what the difference in rates are between those simply claiming a faith and those who are devout in said faith. I'm willing to bet that those who are Christian in name only have a higher divorce rate than those who view marriage as sacred institution.



    How so? There are a couple of possibilities there and I want to know which you are referring to.
    Don't remember..........Sorry
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #1283
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,009

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Don't remember..........Sorry
    You don't remember how that line is an oxymoron?
    Bi, Poly, Switch. I'm not indecisive, I'm greedy!

  4. #1284
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    06-13-15 @ 10:52 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    Nope. I've already dealt with that.

    Does the Bible Teach a Flat Earth
    No you didn't already deal with it. You posted a link to someone who just changed the accepted meanings of Hebrew words to suit themselves, ignored historical evidence, ignored many verses in the OT that didn't suit their argument and argued against a strawman.

  5. #1285
    Sage
    Quag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,004

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
    No you didn't already deal with it. You posted a link to someone who just changed the accepted meanings of Hebrew words to suit themselves, ignored historical evidence, ignored many verses in the OT that didn't suit their argument and argued against a strawman.
    ALL religions change over time to suit the morals, wants and desires of the people involved.
    Of course extremist religious nuts will deny this till their dying day.
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    Winston Churchill



    A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
    Winston Churchill

  6. #1286
    Educator Amandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Last Seen
    06-19-15 @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    905
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    The resurrection has been debunked. Your lack of faith and dishonesty will undoubtedly cause you great pain in the afterlife. Repent now.
    Got a link to prove this?

  7. #1287
    Educator Amandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Last Seen
    06-19-15 @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    905
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    The whole bloody religion has been debunked, that doesn't stop the delusional wankers who still cling to it.
    Let's just start with the original claim that the resurection has been debunked. Got any links?

  8. #1288
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?[W:667]

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Very interesting results thus far.


    Marriage
    i support gay marriage only if it leads to gay divorce court on tv!
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  9. #1289
    Sage


    RAMOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    20,070

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    My marriage is not being tarninshed by gays being married. Do you look at your wife differently? Do you not want to be married? Seems YOU have the problem, not me. My marriage is just fine regardless of gays being allowed to marry. Really sad that you let something like this get in the way of your marriage.
    Well, some right wing fanatics are getting their marriages ruined by Gays. I mean, let's look at Johnathan Saenz... a Texas politician who is an ardent denier of SSM. His wife filed for divorce in 2011, got it finalized in 2013, and his wife left him for another woman.

  10. #1290
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,775

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amandi View Post
    Let's just start with the original claim that the resurection has been debunked. Got any links?
    There is no evidence whatsoever to support a resurrection. In fact, the whole crucifixion story is nonsense, it was Roman custom to leave the corpses on the crosses to rot, especially in the case of capital criminals, which Jesus certainly would have been. Therefore, he wouldn't have been given to Joseph of Aramathea, he wouldn't have been placed in a tomb and he could not have risen from the dead. The whole story is absurd and not in keeping with the facts.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •