Page 119 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1363

Thread: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?[W:667]

  1. #1181
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,775

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Listening to the audio from the 7th circuit case that just came out is a freaking bloodbath. The judge tore apart every weak ass argument the anti-equality lawyer was making. The best was grilling him on the potential harm caused by same-sex marriage. The best answer that the guy had was "we don't know the consequences." Even when asked to speculate about any possible consequence, he couldn't name anything.

    Anti-equality people can't even imagine a specific consequence of same-sex marriage.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #1182
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Who ever criminalised it?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #1183
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,775

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Who ever criminalised it?
    Are you being pedantic or are you legitimately confused as to what the question is talking about?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #1184
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Are you being pedantic or are you legitimately confused as to what the question is talking about?
    It was an open question, not directed at you or anyone, it just happened to follow you.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #1185
    Student Tonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    SE Asia
    Last Seen
    07-31-15 @ 09:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    180

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Listening to the audio from the 7th circuit case that just came out is a freaking bloodbath. The judge tore apart every weak ass argument the anti-equality lawyer was making. The best was grilling him on the potential harm caused by same-sex marriage. The best answer that the guy had was "we don't know the consequences." Even when asked to speculate about any possible consequence, he couldn't name anything.

    Anti-equality people can't even imagine a specific consequence of same-sex marriage.
    I think this is the part that many of us can't understand, or even comprehend why anti-SSM opponents are so visceral.

    What harm is done?

    I'm not gay, but it's the question 'why would I care' that keeps going through my head. I don't like dogs much, do I care if other people have them? Tattoo's, yep hate those as well, but nobody is forcing me to have one, so again, why would I care, it does me no harm that others have them, ugly as they are!.

    Nobody is forcing you to turn gay, find a boyfriend and marry them, so why do you care? What harm does that inflict on you? So far (and I doubt they ever will) any of the anti SSM poster will ever answer that question directly

    This from a legal standpoint is where is all unravels. As the cases in the Supreme Court all the way down the court system have shown, you can't prove harm to the existing institution of marriage. Even the poor lawyers having to argue this have a hard time with it.

    This as I have said before. It comes down to religious belief and dogma, plus of course a healthy dose of homophobia.

    Actually I would feel better if folks could just admit that, rather than constantly go down the legal route.

    Then we could have what is their the real discussion; religion, sin and Hell

    Just for once I would like someone to explain honestly why they object to something, which for many of us is simply baffling
    I support the right to keep and arm bears

  6. #1186
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonic View Post
    I think this is the part that many of us can't understand, or even comprehend why anti-SSM opponents are so visceral.

    What harm is done?

    I'm not gay, but it's the question 'why would I care' that keeps going through my head. I don't like dogs much, do I care if other people have them? Tattoo's, yep hate those as well, but nobody is forcing me to have one, so again, why would I care, it does me no harm that others have them, ugly as they are!.

    Nobody is forcing you to turn gay, find a boyfriend and marry them, so why do you care? What harm does that inflict on you? So far (and I doubt they ever will) any of the anti SSM poster will ever answer that question directly

    This from a legal standpoint is where is all unravels. As the cases in the Supreme Court all the way down the court system have shown, you can't prove harm to the existing institution of marriage. Even the poor lawyers having to argue this have a hard time with it.

    This as I have said before. It comes down to religious belief and dogma, plus of course a healthy dose of homophobia.

    Actually I would feel better if folks could just admit that, rather than constantly go down the legal route.

    Then we could have what is their the real discussion; religion, sin and Hell

    Just for once I would like someone to explain honestly why they object to something, which for many of us is simply baffling
    Yep! Divorce is what does harm to the institution of marriage.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #1187
    Student Tonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    SE Asia
    Last Seen
    07-31-15 @ 09:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    180

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Yep! Divorce is what does harm to the institution of marriage.
    Ironically of course, I was listening to NPR a couple of weeks ago. There was segment on the issue of gay divorce...Seems nobody thought about that!

    I guess Straights & Gays ain't that different after all!

    ...and having been divorced twice, I can tell you there may be many a gay couple wishing this whole marriage thingy, straight or gay had never been invented in the first place!
    Last edited by Tonic; 08-28-14 at 08:49 PM.
    I support the right to keep and arm bears

  8. #1188
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,775

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Yep! Divorce is what does harm to the institution of marriage.
    Divorce causes harm to one particular marriage. I'm not convinced it has any impact on my life.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #1189
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,775

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonic View Post
    Ironically of course, I was listening to NPR a couple of weeks ago. There was segment on the issue of gay divorce...Seems nobody thought about that!

    I guess Straights & Gays ain't that different after all!

    ...and having been divorced twice, I can tell you there may be many a gay couple wishing this whole marriage thingy, straight or gay had never been invented in the first place!
    Why would there be a need to think about that? "Gay divorce" isn't a thing. There's just "divorce."
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #1190
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Divorce causes harm to one particular marriage. I'm not convinced it has any impact on my life.
    Well just because you're unaware of it.....................when two people get divorced it effects usually many others. And divorce doesn't harm just one marriage, with 50% of marriages ending in divorce, the institution suffers.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •