Page 108 of 137 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1363

Thread: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?[W:667]

  1. #1071
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,214

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    You do realize you can become a slave to small government right?

    And your notion of "slavery" is pretty messed up.
    Being forced [under the threat of imprisonment] to give up a good chunk of my hard-earned money so that others can sit on their fat asses or wasting it by sending money overseas is a form of slavery. IMHO
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  2. #1072
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,214

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonic View Post
    So if I don't have to believe, why do you seem so insistent that we needs laws or restrictions to ensure I do conform to your beliefs? Sometimes people are conflicted with the notions of individuality and religious conformity.

    What someone choses to believe, what they chose to do in their bedroom are their concerns, and theirs alone. We should focus on our eternal souls, nobody elses

    The folks that seem to believe that laws, restrictions and some sort of 'Talibanesque' moral police are the answer to 'collective salvation' go against everything our founding fathers wanted.

    Freedom and Liberty, maybe some people need to re-access what those words mean
    Keep it in your F-n bedroom, stop trying to tear down tradition and quit making a spectacle of yourselves and you'll be surprised how accepted you'll be.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  3. #1073
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,214

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    You're not a counter. The difference is... and we can see it clearly in this thread, is that you present false information and concepts that lack logic or confuse opinion and fact. If you attempted to provide more honest information, you might actually be able to make the claim that you are a "counter", but you don't, so all you are is just another in the long line of anti-gay propagandists with no information that has any value.
    Ditto for you. 8)
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  4. #1074
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,214

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Good. I'm not debating this for my purposes either, but to make sure that any unsuspecting person who wanders in this thread recognizes just how invalid anything you say actually is, so they won't fall under the same non-credible belief system that you are professing.
    Like your faux-Judaism?
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  5. #1075
    Advisor polisciguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    10-30-17 @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    396

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    I think I speak for us all when I say that if we legalize same-sex marriages, the terrorists win and Jesus weeps.

  6. #1076
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I never said YOU had to do anything.
    You said that you would want to make adultery illegal because those who commit adultery are breaking a vow they made to God or before God. I'm saying that not everyone who gets married makes a vow to God, either to only have sexual relations with that other person or at all, and it certainly is not a legal vow even if they do make one, at least not to God. The reason that they can be held accountable within civil courts (such as during divorce) for adultery or "alienation of affection" is because it is considered that a person made an oral promise to another to remain faithful to them with their affections. There are only a few states that still allow such suits (NC is one of them).

    Alienation of Affection: Cost of Adultery

    So, if adultery were to be made illegal, particularly for the reason you stated you thought it should be illegal earlier, that would mean that you would be trying to force people to live up to vows that they didn't actually take.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #1077
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by polisciguy View Post
    I think I speak for us all when I say that if we legalize same-sex marriages, the terrorists win and Jesus weeps.

    Actually you don't (speak for everyone that is).

    A decade ago ban's on Same-sex Civil Marriage won at the ballot box, a decade later (General Election 2012) SSCM was on the ballot in 4 states and opponents of Marriage Equality lost in all 4 votes which backs up consistent polling data showing that more and more people feel that the government shouldn't be discriminating against homosexuals.



    >>>>

  8. #1078
    Advisor polisciguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    10-30-17 @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    396

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by WorldWatcher View Post
    Actually you don't (speak for everyone that is).

    A decade ago ban's on Same-sex Civil Marriage won at the ballot box, a decade later (General Election 2012) SSCM was on the ballot in 4 states and opponents of Marriage Equality lost in all 4 votes which backs up consistent polling data showing that more and more people feel that the government shouldn't be discriminating against homosexuals.



    >>>>
    Relax my friend. I was injecting humor into this thread because it is painful to read.

  9. #1079
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by polisciguy View Post
    Relax my friend. I was injecting humor into this thread because it is painful to read.

    Message boards are written communication so without a [HUMOR] or [SARCASM] tag it's kid of hard to know when someone is projecting humor.



    >>>>

  10. #1080
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: Do you support legalizing gay marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    It can't be long before a militant nudism movement arises, inspired by other strident grievance groups to demand their rights. I can just see them shrieking angrily at "xtian haters" who want to deny them the right to go nude in public, just because they feel ashamed of sex and nudity and want to force their puritanical, xtian beliefs on everyone else. "Take your god-based bull and shove it--you don't have the right to tell me and mine how to live!!!"

    I imagine these crusaders will ape the black civil rights movement, shamelessly trying to compare the restrictions that peeve them to Jim Crow while adding their own cute symbols and bumper-sticker slogans. "Bare is Fair!" Maybe they'll borrow a page from the homosexuals, and purposely go nude into small bakeries to order the cakes for their nude weddings. They could keep this up until they found a baker who was scandalized enough to refuse their business, and then sue him for discrimination.

    I expect militant nudists will claim that just as with same-sex marriage, the state laws that frustrate them are arbitrary, because the government can't show how nudism hurts anyone. Even if public nudity is legal on certain beaches, etc., they will howl that their lifestyle deserves to be recognized everywhere, just like the clothed lifestyle is. And even if their own state had made public nudity legal everywhere, it wouldn't be enough--they'd insist that it was a constitutional right, so that every other state had to legalize it, too.
    You do realize that it would be a very bad idea to walk around with weapons while naked, right? Since you are trying to misuse the word "militant".

    In reality, nudists have pushed for changes to laws in many places. They have also fought against some. They are easily countered when it comes to laws against full nudity by sanitation concerns. Otherwise, they have some true grievances that should be addressed. For instance, just being naked or charged with indecent exposure should absolutely not be a reason alone to put someone on a sex offender list. Being naked does not connect with sex except in the minds of those who want to make that connection, which is generally only those who are offended by it.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •