Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 94

Thread: Real-Life 'Purge' Expected In Louisville, Kentucky

  1. #41
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Real-Life 'Purge' Expected In Louisville, Kentucky

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Not just Louisville, baby girl. I've heard several cities are talking about this, including Detroit and Jacksonville.
    In serious fashion, or just bull****? Anyway, did anything happen last night?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #42
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Real-Life 'Purge' Expected In Louisville, Kentucky

    Quote Originally Posted by TeleKat View Post
    How many of those riots were met by a small army? Not only are the Ferguson riots highly political motivated, unlike most riots which are mindless flash mobs, but they are being met by an extreme version of what they were rioting about to begin with. Namely an out of control, unaccountable, militaristic police force.
    Why do so many think these police are just doing a job, and that this is how our police need to look, and act?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #43
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: Real-Life 'Purge' Expected In Louisville, Kentucky

    Quote Originally Posted by TeleKat View Post
    Some else pointed out that this is more akin to devils night than the purge.

    They are quite correct.

    The purge movie was fine entertainment but not realistic for many reasons.

    The premise is not the fear of what would happen on such a night but instead that many people would respond to such a lawless night with murder rape looting etc.

    No doubt some would but probably not most.


    Here is a much more realistic list of actions which people would take if all laws were suspended for a night.

    hCAOUMl.jpg

  4. #44
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,641

    Re: Real-Life 'Purge' Expected In Louisville, Kentucky

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    Some else pointed out that this is more akin to devils night than the purge.

    They are quite correct.

    The purge movie was fine entertainment but not realistic for many reasons.

    The premise is not the fear of what would happen on such a night but instead that many people would respond to such a lawless night with murder rape looting etc.

    No doubt some would but probably not most.


    Here is a much more realistic list of actions which people would take if all laws were suspended for a night.

    hCAOUMl.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  5. #45
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,641

    Re: Real-Life 'Purge' Expected In Louisville, Kentucky

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    In serious fashion, or just bull****? Anyway, did anything happen last night?
    Don't know - just know what I hear on TV. Nothing happened last night but it's supposed to be at the end of the month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  6. #46
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,804

    Re: Real-Life 'Purge' Expected In Louisville, Kentucky

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    while i'm sure that's partially true, i also took off on foot when i was there and walked by myself. ran into nothing but cool folks. there were a ton of great independent shops; kind of reminded me of my own town's downtown when i was a kid before all of the huge stores swooped in. everybody i ran into was cool as hell, which was the complete opposite of my previous visit in 2006. the difference is that this time, i was staying with someone who lives there.
    Same with Jacksonville, Florida. Parts of Jax are unsafe. If you know where not to go you can have a good time. I was in Jacksonville a couple of months ago and had fine time. However, I know Jacksonville very well and I know where not to go.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  7. #47
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,112

    Re: Real-Life 'Purge' Expected In Louisville, Kentucky

    welp, just checked google news, and it looks like it didn't happen. pretty much like every other inflammatory / scary urban legend on facebook.

    here's another cool pic from Chicago, though.

    10422918_10203507798607107_3441419254981059127_n.jpg

  8. #48
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,112

    Re: Real-Life 'Purge' Expected In Louisville, Kentucky

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Same with Jacksonville, Florida. Parts of Jax are unsafe. If you know where not to go you can have a good time. I was in Jacksonville a couple of months ago and had fine time. However, I know Jacksonville very well and I know where not to go.
    yep. had such a ****ty time in 2006 that i said i wouldn't go back to Chicago. had such an awesome time in 2014 that i didn't want to leave. in fact, we stayed an extra day because everything was awesome. the vibe of the place was electric.

  9. #49
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,641

    Re: Real-Life 'Purge' Expected In Louisville, Kentucky

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    welp, just checked google news, and it looks like it didn't happen. pretty much like every other inflammatory / scary urban legend on facebook.
    Not s'posed to happen until the end of the month, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  10. #50
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,903

    Re: Real-Life 'Purge' Expected In Louisville, Kentucky

    This has all the makings of internet hoax/urban legend. I highly doubt this will happen.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •