Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: Has Rand Paul raised 2016 prospects with Ferguson response?

  1. #31
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Has Rand Paul raised 2016 prospects with Ferguson response?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    As long as he sticks mostly to the Libertarianesque side of the Republican party (however small), he will get my vote, and I've never voted for a Republican.

    I think the government has committed a lot of overreach in the past few decades and it's time for an adjustment. The more Paul sells himself as anti-statist and pro-liberty, the better off I think he, and we will be.
    That's where I'm at, and agree with your caveat, too.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #32
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,104

    Re: Has Rand Paul raised 2016 prospects with Ferguson response?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Predicting 2008 and 2012 wasn't exactly a challenge.

    Well, unless you were a Republican who bought into that whole "unskewed polls" thing.
    ...of course it wasn't nor is my current prediction "exactly a challenge"... because its not a predication; its an analysis of the prevailing facts.

    Nonetheless, there were a several people on this board that believed all kinds of things during the 2012 election (including various primary scenarios...even though it was obvious from the getgo it was Romney's to loss) ... and others that got indignant with me when I declared Obama the winner the day before the election in a post that I asked for post-election analysis...

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...-go-wrong.html

    I agree it was obvious, for the same reasons 2016 is pretty predictable... the math no longer works for the Republicans (just as it does not work for Dems to win back the house for the forseeable future). *

    * - either subject to a RADICAL unforeseen set of circumstances of 9/11, economic crash or the Republicans actually filling articles of impeachment magnitude. The latter of course, would kill their meager chances for the White House and would like turn the House in 2016.

  3. #33
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,746

    Re: Has Rand Paul raised 2016 prospects with Ferguson response?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Sen. Rand Paul said that police moves in Ferguson 'resemble war' and that anyone who thinks that race, even inadvertently, doesn't 'skew the application of criminal justice in this country is just not paying close enough attention'.

    Read the article here: Has Rand Paul raised 2016 prospects with fiery Ferguson response? - CSMonitor.com




    Well I'd like to hear others opinions, But Sen. Rand Paul has certainly got my attention with his spot-on comments.
    Rand Paul has always had strong Libertarian leanings, especially in the area that concerns abuse of power by the government, including police officers.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #34
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Has Rand Paul raised 2016 prospects with Ferguson response?

    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Has Rand Paul raised 2016 prospects with Ferguson response?

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Rand Paul has always had strong Libertarian leanings
    *sigh*

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Has Rand Paul raised 2016 prospects with Ferguson response?

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Rand Paul has always had strong Libertarian leanings, especially in the area that concerns abuse of power by the government, including police officers.
    Hey dana

    I don't like to play the purist card. I think libertarianism is a broad philosophy with many different ideas and approaches. However, when someone calls Rand Paul a libertarian or libertarian-leaning I feel like beating my head against a brick wall. The man is not libertarian, he has even said as much. I guess everyone assumed he was going to be like his father, he was not...he is not. He is a self-described constitutional and social conservative. He does not support the legalization of marijuana or any other drugs for that matter. He is opposed to same-sex marriage. He is pro-life. He supports economic sanctions. He wants to fund/aid/ally Israel. He wants to close the borders. He supports the use of drones by local law enforcement. He wants Snowden in jail. Etc. etc. etc.

    He's a Tea Partier, a conservative. Not a libertarian.

  7. #37
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    Re: Has Rand Paul raised 2016 prospects with Ferguson response?

    Quote Originally Posted by TeleKat View Post
    Hey dana

    I don't like to play the purist card. I think libertarianism is a broad philosophy with many different ideas and approaches. However, when someone calls Rand Paul a libertarian or libertarian-leaning I feel like beating my head against a brick wall. The man is not libertarian, he has even said as much. I guess everyone assumed he was going to be like his father, he was not...he is not. He is a self-described constitutional and social conservative. He does not support the legalization of marijuana or any other drugs for that matter. He is opposed to same-sex marriage. He is pro-life. He supports economic sanctions. He wants to fund/aid/ally Israel. He wants to close the borders. He supports the use of drones by local law enforcement. He wants Snowden in jail. Etc. etc. etc.

    He's a Tea Partier, a conservative. Not a libertarian.
    Everyone seems to have just assumed Rand Paul takes after his father (who, as far as I'm concerned, was the bad kind of libertarian).
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Has Rand Paul raised 2016 prospects with Ferguson response?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Everyone seems to have just assumed Rand Paul takes after his father (who, as far as I'm concerned, was the bad kind of libertarian).
    It's a last ditch attempt by the dying GOP to retain what little bit of legitimacy it has left.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Has Rand Paul raised 2016 prospects with Ferguson response?

    Don't know, don't really care.

    Rand Paul is too wishy washy for my tastes.

    I had hopes for him, but they have faded.

    If he came back to the Republican Party I would want Gary Johnson by a mile (Ron Paul would be my first choice, but he has retired).

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Has Rand Paul raised 2016 prospects with Ferguson response?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    If he came back to the Republican Party I would want Gary Johnson by a mile .
    Why does he have to have an (R) next to his name for you to vote for him?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •