Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47

Thread: Has Rand Paul raised 2016 prospects with Ferguson response?

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Has Rand Paul raised 2016 prospects with Ferguson response?

    I have no idea.


    I was pretty big on Rand Paul a year ago or so.

    But as he speaks more and more, his message seems more and more vague/compromised.

    The bottom line is I think Rand Paul will compromise his positions to become POTUS (though granted, seemingly less then most major politicians).

    I do not believe his father would have...which is one of the things I loved about him as a politician.

    Compromising - especially on important issues - is for the weak, IMO.

  2. #22
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Has Rand Paul raised 2016 prospects with Ferguson response?

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    As previously predicted, Jeb Bush will be the next President of the United States, provided he decides to put his name forward.



    As I have previously predicted the only way that Jeb Bush will ever see the inside of the White House is as a guest.

    The USA has had enough Bushes in the White House.

  3. #23
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Has Rand Paul raised 2016 prospects with Ferguson response?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    As I have previously predicted the only way that Jeb Bush will ever see the inside of the White House is as a guest.

    The USA has had enough Bushes in the White House.
    We'll see - at least I'm prepared to go on record, as I have for several years now, with a single prediction of who will win in 2016. In fact, I indicated in 2011 that I thought Jeb Bush could win in 2012 if he'd decided to put his name forward, but alas he chose not to. In my view, he is without a doubt the best qualified, most well rounded, and most even tempered of those considered. I'm hoping Americans actually look at those types of things this time around and not just choose the guy/gal with a nice smile who can carry a tune.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  4. #24
    Guru
    Carleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,617

    Re: Has Rand Paul raised 2016 prospects with Ferguson response?

    [[/I]
    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Sen. Rand Paul said that police moves in Ferguson 'resemble war' and that anyone who thinks that race, even inadvertently, doesn't 'skew the application of criminal justice in this country is just not paying close enough attention'.

    Read the article here: Has Rand Paul raised 2016 prospects with fiery Ferguson response? - CSMonitor.com




    Well I'd like to hear others opinions, But Sen. Rand Paul has certainly got my attention with his spot-on comments.
    I don't think it will help him with the African American vote is he decides to run.
    "Being President doesn't change who you are, it reveals who you are"

  5. #25
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Has Rand Paul raised 2016 prospects with Ferguson response?

    Quote Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
    [[/I]

    I don't think it will help him with the African American vote is he decides to run.



    I'm going to disagree, and say that while his comments might not get him a landslide of Black support he will pick up some votes.

    In politics, it's all about the numbers.

  6. #26
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Has Rand Paul raised 2016 prospects with Ferguson response?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    I haven't seen any polls lately, but Chris Christie's name just popped into my head.

    I like Christie, I don't like Jeb Bush, Paul Ryan, or Scott Walker.
    Chris Christie's got that whole Bridge-gate that's going to dog him..

    I could understand your beef with Walker, especially if you're a union person, and for Jeb Bush... he may be a fine president, problem is his last name. Paul Ryan though I don't see where the hang up is, not to say I'd vote him (not to say he's my first choice). Even if you disagree with his ideas, at least he has some that are at least thought out.

  7. #27
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Has Rand Paul raised 2016 prospects with Ferguson response?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    Chris Christie's got that whole Bridge-gate that's going to dog him..

    I could understand your beef with Walker, especially if you're a union person, and for Jeb Bush... he may be a fine president, problem is his last name.
    Paul Ryan though I don't see where the hang up is, not to say I'd vote him (not to say he's my first choice). Even if you disagree with his ideas, at least he has some that are at least thought out.



    My biggest problem with Paul Ryan is that he's an Ayn Rand ditto-head. (Ayn Rand in a nutshell: The world would be a wonderful place if I owned everything and everyone worked for me.)





    Jeb Bush's last name is Bush.





    I wouldn't vote for either one of those guys if they were the only choice.

  8. #28
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,115

    Re: Has Rand Paul raised 2016 prospects with Ferguson response?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    Oh really? Know that for sure? Predict the future can you? Then what are we still doing here? You and I are going to Vegas to get rich.
    Though a Republican presidential win is not impossible, its highly improbable. If you look at the solid blue states, the electoral count is 241 (with 270 needed to win). If you add in Wisconsin, Colorado and Nevada, states that lean heavy blue, the count is 267. For the Republicons to win, they have to run the table. To date, they are making to effort to key voters in their other swing states, but rather have tacted even further right since the last election. It will be very hard sledding for the Cons in 2016, and they know it, which is why so much effort right now is to reverse the notion of the Imperial Presidency in favor of the Impotent Presidency....

    As to my predictions... in my 5 years of posting here, I have nailed every election prediction I have posted (its a matter of public record)... and most of my other predictions. I don't make wildass predictions; I deal in projections on facts. The Cons have put the presidency nearly out of reach....

  9. #29
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Has Rand Paul raised 2016 prospects with Ferguson response?

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Though a Republican presidential win is not impossible, its highly improbable. If you look at the solid blue states, the electoral count is 241 (with 270 needed to win). If you add in Wisconsin, Colorado and Nevada, states that lean heavy blue, the count is 267. For the Republicons to win, they have to run the table. To date, they are making to effort to key voters in their other swing states, but rather have tacted even further right since the last election. It will be very hard sledding for the Cons in 2016, and they know it, which is why so much effort right now is to reverse the notion of the Imperial Presidency in favor of the Impotent Presidency....

    As to my predictions... in my 5 years of posting here, I have nailed every election prediction I have posted (its a matter of public record)... and most of my other predictions. I don't make wildass predictions; I deal in projections on facts. The Cons have put the presidency nearly out of reach....
    Uh, it didn't rocket scientist to predict Obama would win his first election. And most were predicting Obama would win as well. Do you have a link of what states you deem as solid blue? I don't mean to discount your views, just thought it be quicker than listing is all..

  10. #30
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,824

    Re: Has Rand Paul raised 2016 prospects with Ferguson response?

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Though a Republican presidential win is not impossible, its highly improbable. If you look at the solid blue states, the electoral count is 241 (with 270 needed to win). If you add in Wisconsin, Colorado and Nevada, states that lean heavy blue, the count is 267. For the Republicons to win, they have to run the table. To date, they are making to effort to key voters in their other swing states, but rather have tacted even further right since the last election. It will be very hard sledding for the Cons in 2016, and they know it, which is why so much effort right now is to reverse the notion of the Imperial Presidency in favor of the Impotent Presidency....

    As to my predictions... in my 5 years of posting here, I have nailed every election prediction I have posted (its a matter of public record)... and most of my other predictions. I don't make wildass predictions; I deal in projections on facts. The Cons have put the presidency nearly out of reach....
    Predicting 2008 and 2012 wasn't exactly a challenge.

    Well, unless you were a Republican who bought into that whole "unskewed polls" thing.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •