Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 144

Thread: Alleged friend of the officer who shot Michael Brown calls into radio show...

  1. #121
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Alleged friend of the officer who shot Michael Brown calls into radio show...

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Weren't the first gunshots close-range from INSIDE the police car while they were involved in a physical struggle? That would've been the shots to the arms/hands. The fatal ones would've come from a longer range as Mike Brown was charging the officer like a bull (head down - accounting for the gunshot to the top of the head).
    Only one shot is reported as being fired in the vehicle.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #122
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: Alleged friend of the officer who shot Michael Brown calls into radio show...

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Weren't the first gunshots close-range from INSIDE the police car while they were involved in a physical struggle? That would've been the shots to the arms/hands. The fatal ones would've come from a longer range as Mike Brown was charging the officer like a bull (head down - accounting for the gunshot to the top of the head).
    There was no GSR on Brown's body or clothes so that would be impossible.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  3. #123
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,781

    Re: Alleged friend of the officer who shot Michael Brown calls into radio show...

    It's odd that people continually use 'bum rush' improperly.

    The 'bum rush' is when cops, business owners, shop keepers, etc used to grab a begger, hobo, homeless person and throw them out of their business or building. They would grab the person and physically throw them out into the street or alley. Bouncers do it.

    That is not what is being described by people re: this event.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #124
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Alleged friend of the officer who shot Michael Brown calls into radio show...

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    There was no GSR on Brown's body or clothes so that would be impossible.
    Where do you get this information that there was no GSR on the clothing? I ask because Dr.Baden and the Prof. did not examine the clothing.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #125
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Alleged friend of the officer who shot Michael Brown calls into radio show...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    It's odd that people continually use 'bum rush' improperly.

    The 'bum rush' is when cops, business owners, shop keepers, etc used to grab a begger, hobo, homeless person and throw them out of their business or building. They would grab the person and physically throw them out into the street or alley. Bouncers do it.

    That is not what is being described by people re: this event.
    Brown was running towards the Officer as the Officer was shooting at him. That is an eyewitness account.
    The hearsay evidence, supposedly confirmed by Official sources, and reportedly by 12 other witnesses accounts, was that it was a bum-rush.
    That is charging with head down.
    That would explain exactly what the the Private autopsy indicated, just as Brown falling forward during his run, as the Officer continued to shoot.

    The point being, while it is hearsay evidence of the Officer's account, bum-rush is exactly what has been described.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #126
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,781

    Re: Alleged friend of the officer who shot Michael Brown calls into radio show...

    Quote Originally Posted by Krhazy View Post
    A store owner doesn't have the right to shoot someone for stealing his product. Let's make that absolutely clear. Lethal force is only justified in defense of lethal force, not property. If the store owner had shot Brown this would be a much clearer case -- in favor of conviction.

    .
    That's not true even for citizens. In most states we can use lethal force also to prevent gross bodily harm and to prevent a forcible felony (states may phrase this differently). And TX allows lethal force in the protection of property. Castle Law is also a departure from direct lethal force/et. al. and most states have this or a variation on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #127
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,781

    Re: Alleged friend of the officer who shot Michael Brown calls into radio show...

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Brown was running towards the Officer as the Officer was shooting at him. That is an eyewitness account.
    The hearsay evidence, supposedly confirmed by Official sources, and reportedly by 12 other witnesses accounts, was that it was a bum-rush.
    That is charging with head down.
    That would explain exactly what the the Private autopsy indicated, just as Brown falling forward during his run, as the Officer continued to shoot.

    The point being, while it is hearsay evidence of the Officer's account, bum-rush is exactly what has been described.

    No...a bum's rush involves grabbing a person and forcibly throwing them somewhere. If you wish to speculate that that was Brown's intent....good for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #128
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,781

    Re: Alleged friend of the officer who shot Michael Brown calls into radio show...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishstyx View Post
    His gun was drawn so reaction time is minimal. Distances released thus far have been conflicting. Furthermore, you're basing a fifteen foot "sprint" on your capabilities. Are you nearly 300lbs? Conceivable that Brown slowed down has the shots made impact? Most with some training can get off 8 shots in 3-4 seconds.

    Unless you've seen the crime scene information in the investigation, logically...you're just assuming.
    The Tuelller Drill is taught to all cops (pretty much) and is credible in court.

    It proves that a person can charge at another person from a distance of 22-23 feet and reach them/kill them before the other person can draw, aim, and pull the trigger to stop them.

    I doubt that his size factors in, not at such a young age.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #129
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Alleged friend of the officer who shot Michael Brown calls into radio show...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    No...a bum's rush involves grabbing a person and forcibly throwing them somewhere. If you wish to speculate that that was Brown's intent....good for you.

    It can mean that.


    But there are several meanings.

    It also means what is described.
    bum-rush
    : to attack or move toward (someone or something) in a forceful and violent way

    Bum-rush - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary


    As for speculating?
    No, that is what is reportable supposed to have happened. Which is why I went through the trouble of pointing out the supposedly confirmed hearsay account.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #130
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,781

    Re: Alleged friend of the officer who shot Michael Brown calls into radio show...

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post



    But there are several meanings.

    It also means what is described.
    bum-rush
    : to attack or move toward (someone or something) in a forceful and violent way

    Bum-rush - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary


    As for speculating?
    No, that is what is reportable supposed to have happened. Which is why I went through the trouble of pointing out the supposedly confirmed hearsay account.
    Etymology[edit]
    The phrase dates back to 1910 (US).

    Noun[edit]
    bum's rush (plural bum's rushes)

    (chiefly North America, slang, idiomatic) Forcible ejection from an establishment, as of a bum (hobo).
    Related terms[edit]


    The recent trend (Urban dictionary) in using the term means nothing more than charging.

    And the rest of the implications from your post:

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Brown was running towards the Officer as the Officer was shooting at him. That is an eyewitness account.
    The hearsay evidence, supposedly confirmed by Official sources, and reportedly by 12 other witnesses accounts, was that it was a bum-rush.
    That is charging with head down.
    That would explain exactly what the the Private autopsy indicated, just as Brown falling forward during his run, as the Officer continued to shoot.
    have ZERO to do with me or anything I have written. Go peddle your fantasies elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •