Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 131 to 139 of 139

Thread: 20 U.S. companies that paid 0% in taxes

  1. #131
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: 20 U.S. companies that paid 0% in taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Corps are not taxed twice. They aren't taxed on dividends; the shareholders that receive the dividends are taxed

    Corps are taxed once.


    Give it up, you show no knowledge of what you are talking about. Period, I know you understand "Period."

    Let me ask you a simple question. Do shareholders own the corporation that has to pay taxes on it's profits.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  2. #132
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: 20 U.S. companies that paid 0% in taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Right.

    It has nothing to do with it.

    I don't care of it is China, Vietnam, etc. You are trying to change the argument we started with because you cannot win it, so you deflecting to an argument you think you can win.
    Come again? I provided an example that completely destroys you. Actually I provided two. You are cowardly running away from them because you know you do not have a reply.

    I acknowledges that small changes like the 3% is meaningful when all else is equal. Why do you refuse to acknowledge the other factors that matter.
    Your argument is that tax rates deeply impact labor. So where is your argument how Vietnam's measly 3% differential to China accounts for its labor costs being 25% of China's?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #133
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: 20 U.S. companies that paid 0% in taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Why should a sole proprietor have the same level of taxation as a C-Cop, are you serious, I thought you are an accountant.
    I'm seriously starting to question if you have the capacity to understand the English Language.

    Notice my question to you was for you to defend your reasoning why a C-Corp should have the same level of treatment as a sole proprietorship. I did not say that current law has them tax the same way.

    Before you go throwing out insults at people vastly more intelligent and educated than you, read what they wrote rather than making up in your head what you wanted them to say.

    For an account you have no clue, a sole proprietor is only taxed once and a C corp is taxed twice, once at the corporate level and then again when it gives dividends to it's shareholders that own the company. So the question you asked is false, I should not even be wasting my time with someone that has no clue what your talking about.
    Again, you argued that C-corps shouldn't be double taxed. I pointed out they have benefits that other forms of organization do not. I then ask you why C-corps should get single level taxation and and benefits not available to other forms of organization. Because you are partisan (and can't read well) you took that as me saying that they ARE treated like that DESPITE my explicitly asking YOU to give a reason why they SHOULD be treated that way. I did not say that they are. I asked you to explain why your system should be adopted. This is why you don't make up what you think people said. You reply to what they actually did. Makes you look far less stupid.

    Second you say a C-corp has only limited liability, of course where as a sole proprietor has no shield against liability. But I'm sure you as a so called accountent would advise a person that a sole proprietor is just fine compared to filling as an LLC where there is limited liability.
    Which is completely irrelevant to my question to which you are either illiterate to understand or want to cowardly avoid answering.

    Your just full of yourself.
    Said the guy who mistook a direct and explicit question to him to explain why his system should be enacted to mean that the person obviously asking the question really thought that was the existing system.

    Perhaps you should curtail your use of insults until you have proper English comprehension?

    They call that Bloating or is it bloviating, in any event you are just full of yourself. Let me ask you how many corporations have you owned were you were the majority shareholder and the CEO, we're talking C corps, and then tell me how many LLC have you owned and S corps that you were the majority partner. I mean these are the guys that make the money, not one that is hired to count it.
    Perhaps when you learn to read properly, you can start studying for it?

    Once again you have no clue, an LLC can raise millions to start a business, even billions. S corps the same way.
    Wrong. LLCs and S-corps are often limited in what types of shares they can offer, how many partners they can bring in, the timing and horizontal/vertical equity relationships and so on and so forth. To claim they have the "same way" is to be completely ignorant as to the exist IRC code regarding LLCs, S-Corps and C-Corps.

    Tell me, how many partners can a S-Corp have in equity? As many as a C-corp?
    Tell me, can an S-corp issue the same varying types of shares a C-Corp can?
    Tell me, can an LLC and S-corp sell equity shares the same way a C-Corp can?

    You know nothing and it shows.

    I have answered all your questions but it is you that have not answered mine. I understand you have no real business experience as a majority shareholder of any corporation or any business experience other than being a bean counter, so you say, but you could never convince me of that.

    You claim the be the bean counter of this board. If true you have no clue and would suggest you resign.
    What questions of yours have I not answered that are relevant to the discussion?

    You still don't even know the difference between statutory and effective tax rates!

    So again, why (notice it's a question word! Not a statement!) should a C-Corp have sole proprietorship tax treatment when it has benefits that are not available to other forms of organization?
    Last edited by obvious Child; 08-17-14 at 12:29 AM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #134
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: 20 U.S. companies that paid 0% in taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Maybe this will help you understand. You have shown no knowledge owning a corporation, LLC, or a S corp. Your a bean counter so you say, but you could never prove that by me.

    What are statutory and effective corporate tax rates?

    Now tell me how many C-corps you have owned and were the CEO, same for LLC, and S-corps. Never mind, I already know the answer, NONE.
    Same for you. You think they all raise capital the same. Wrong.

    And you still haven't demonstrated you know the difference between the two.

    Furthermore, you cannot even figure out the difference between a question about your own argument and one someone is making for their own
    Last edited by obvious Child; 08-17-14 at 12:30 AM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  5. #135
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,280

    Re: 20 U.S. companies that paid 0% in taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Come again? I provided an example that completely destroys you. Actually I provided two. You are cowardly running away from them because you know you do not have a reply.
    Your argument only works leaving out or considering other important variables static. Variables are dynamic!

  6. #136
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: 20 U.S. companies that paid 0% in taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    I'm seriously starting to question if you have the capacity to understand the English Language.

    Notice my question to you was for you to defend your reasoning why a C-Corp should have the same level of treatment as a sole proprietorship. I did not say that current law has them tax the same way.

    Before you go throwing out insults at people vastly more intelligent and educated than you, read what they wrote rather than making up in your head what you wanted them to say.



    Again, you argued that C-corps shouldn't be double taxed. I pointed out they have benefits that other forms of organization do not. I then ask you why C-corps should get single level taxation and and benefits not available to other forms of organization. Because you are partisan (and can't read well) you took that as me saying that they ARE treated like that DESPITE my explicitly asking YOU to give a reason why they SHOULD be treated that way. I did not say that they are. I asked you to explain why your system should be adopted. This is why you don't make up what you think people said. You reply to what they actually did. Makes you look far less stupid.



    Which is completely irrelevant to my question to which you are either illiterate to understand or want to cowardly avoid answering.



    Said the guy who mistook a direct and explicit question to him to explain why his system should be enacted to mean that the person obviously asking the question really thought that was the existing system.

    Perhaps you should curtail your use of insults until you have proper English comprehension?



    Perhaps when you learn to read properly, you can start studying for it?



    Wrong. LLCs and S-corps are often limited in what types of shares they can offer, how many partners they can bring in, the timing and horizontal/vertical equity relationships and so on and so forth. To claim they have the "same way" is to be completely ignorant as to the exist IRC code regarding LLCs, S-Corps and C-Corps.

    Tell me, how many partners can a S-Corp have in equity? As many as a C-corp?
    Tell me, can an S-corp issue the same varying types of shares a C-Corp can?
    Tell me, can an LLC and S-corp sell equity shares the same way a C-Corp can?

    You know nothing and it shows.



    What questions of yours have I not answered that are relevant to the discussion?

    You still don't even know the difference between statutory and effective tax rates!

    So again, why (notice it's a question word! Not a statement!) should a C-Corp have sole proprietorship tax treatment when it has benefits that are not available to other forms of organization?
    You can yell all you want but your a bean counter, that's it
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  7. #137
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: 20 U.S. companies that paid 0% in taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Same for you. You think they all raise capital the same. Wrong.

    And you still haven't demonstrated you know the difference between the two.

    Furthermore, you cannot even figure out the difference between a question about your own argument and one someone is making for their own
    Again your a bean counter, that's it and never owned a business. And you jump around and try and talk like you know something.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  8. #138
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: 20 U.S. companies that paid 0% in taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    You can yell all you want but your a bean counter, that's it
    You can totally fail to answer any of my questions and then totally fail to own up to the fact you attacked me for asking a clarifying question on your position as if I claimed it was the current law.

    Again your a bean counter, that's it and never owned a business. And you jump around and try and talk like you know something.
    For someone who claims to have such experience, you sure have a hard time answering really basic questions about capital fund raising.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #139
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: 20 U.S. companies that paid 0% in taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Your argument only works leaving out or considering other important variables static. Variables are dynamic!
    Says the guy who argues that tax rates equate to labor costs.

    Really.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •