Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 162

Thread: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

  1. #1
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Ferguson police haven't yet interviewed Dorian Johnson, the friend who was with Michael Brown on the night he was shot by police, Johnson's lawyer tells MSNBC's Trymaine Lee.
    Freeman Bosley, Johnson’s attorney, told msnbc that the police have yet to interview Johnson. Bosley said that he offered the police an opportunity to speak with Johnson, but they declined.
    “They didn’t even want to talk to him,” said Bosley, a former mayor of St. Louis. “They don’t want the facts. What they want is to justify what happened … what they are trying to do now is justify what happened instead of trying to point out the wrong. Something is wrong here and that’s what it is.”



    Read more @: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    The police havent even interviewed one of the key witnesses. Many witnesses back up Johnson's claims as well. I think its pretty that the police know they did something incredibly wrong and are trying their best to disclose as least amount of information possible.




  2. #2
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    I will say, it's rather fishy this thug isn't under arrest if the police are telling the truth about the incident. He was one of the folks who supposedly assaulted the officer in his car. He can claim what he wants, I'd expect that from someone guilty, but if he is guilty why isn't he under arrest?

  3. #3
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,719

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    I will say, it's rather fishy this thug isn't under arrest if the police are telling the truth about the incident. He was one of the folks who supposedly assaulted the officer in his car. He can claim what he wants, I'd expect that from someone guilty, but if he is guilty why isn't he under arrest?
    This "thug?"

    And I agree - it's hard to believe the police haven't interviewed a witness that was a participant in the deadly incident. How do they expect the investigation to be taken seriously if they're not interested in even talking to the witness until days later.

  4. #4
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    This "thug?"

    And I agree - it's hard to believe the police haven't interviewed a witness that was a participant in the deadly incident. How do they expect the investigation to be taken seriously if they're not interested in even talking to the witness until days later.

    He's not a witness according to police, but a fellow perpetrator. And yes, thug. These are not innocent children though the press have been doing their best to characterize them so.

    But it is indeed very suspicious that he isn't under arrest if they did assault the officer as claimed by the police.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    The police havent even interviewed one of the key witnesses. Many witnesses back up Johnson's claims as well. I think its pretty that the police know they did something incredibly wrong and are trying their best to disclose as least amount of information possible. [/FONT][/COLOR]

    Police brutality is rarely investigated on the level required.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #6
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,719

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    He's not a witness according to police, but a fellow perpetrator. And yes, thug. These are not innocent children though the press have been doing their best to characterize them so.
    What do you know about this person to label him a thug? What crime has he been accused of committing here? Not walking on the sidewalk?

    But it is indeed very suspicious that he isn't under arrest if they did assault the officer as claimed by the police.
    "They" haven't been accused of assaulting the officer - the dead person is being accused of that. The police in the clip said "one person complied, the other didn't" to a request to get the f on the sidewalk, or words to that effect. So if he complied with the officer's request, however stated, he's still a thug?

  7. #7
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    What do you know about this person to label him a thug? What crime has he been accused of committing here? Not walking on the sidewalk?



    "They" haven't been accused of assaulting the officer - the dead person is being accused of that. The police in the clip said "one person complied, the other didn't" to a request to get the f on the sidewalk, or words to that effect. So if he complied with the officer's request, however stated, he's still a thug?
    The stories of what happened are all over the place. Johnson admits to the car door thing and the struggle between Brown and the officer. Johnson ran, he says back to his "daughter and his woman". He sounds couched by the best, is Sharpton there yet?

  8. #8
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    The stories of what happened are all over the place. Johnson admits to the car door thing and the struggle between Brown and the officer. Johnson ran, he says back to his "daughter and his woman". He sounds couched by the best, is Sharpton there yet?
    This is why cops should be required to wear video equipment. If we had video, there would be no question.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #9
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,235

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    The stories of what happened are all over the place. Johnson admits to the car door thing and the struggle between Brown and the officer. Johnson ran, he says back to his "daughter and his woman". He sounds couched by the best, is Sharpton there yet?
    What possible motive could an 18 year old, who had a clean record, was starting college this week, and by all accounts a law abiding citizen have to assault and shoot a cop?

    And what possible crime was he suspected of when the cop stopped him? Nearest I can see is that he was guilty of walking down a street, while black, in the middle of the day.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  10. #10
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,719

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    The stories of what happened are all over the place. Johnson admits to the car door thing and the struggle between Brown and the officer. Johnson ran, he says back to his "daughter and his woman". He sounds couched by the best, is Sharpton there yet?
    The stories are "all over the place" but you've already decided the guy is a lying thug. Got it. I can't imagine how you've come to that conclusion....

    BTW, what does it mean to be "couched" by the best? And he wouldn't have had a chance to be coached "by the best" if the incompetent cops had interviewed him shortly after the incident, and now that they have NOT, it's a good excuse for you to assume the guy is a liar. Neat trick you got going there. Using the incompetence of the police to impeach the story of a witness, or according to you, fellow perpetrator!

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •