Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 162

Thread: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

  1. #61
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No, you don't get to do that. Get real!

    Aren't you one of the folks that think Bundy supporters should all be executed?
    No, not at all. I'm a rational gun advocate. Own 'em and CCW'd where I could. Sorry, but you're fos if you claim to be all for SYG and self-defense and shoot 'em through a door and shoot 'em in the back, if you don't also see and recognize that sometimes the person you need to SYG against, particularly if you're walking while black, is a police officer. Seems all your "gang" of gun NUTTERS (not us normal, sensible gun advocates) regularly and proudly become belligerent against local, state, and federal LEOs, you mention one of the stupidest...Bundy.

    Apparently you only think white armed nutters have a right to consider self-defense against authorities, but innocent black teens walking down a street unarmed, not so much.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  2. #62
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No, for two reasons. One, the average citizen really doesn't know the law, just what they think the law should be - most folks can't adequately describe legal self defense. Two, it's the way to ensure you will be dead.
    And yet, aren't you one of the ones that was advocating the arrest if not immediate murder of any federal LEOs that might fire upon or hinder in anyway the Bundy gang of nutters? Hmm, how do you square that?
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  3. #63
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    No, not at all. I'm a rational gun advocate. Own 'em and CCW'd where I could. Sorry, but you're fos if you claim to be all for SYG and self-defense and shoot 'em through a door and shoot 'em in the back, if you don't also see and recognize that sometimes the person you need to SYG against, particularly if you're walking while black, is a police officer. Seems all your "gang" of gun NUTTERS (not us normal, sensible gun advocates) regularly and proudly become belligerent against local, state, and federal LEOs, you mention one of the stupidest...Bundy.

    Apparently you only think white armed nutters have a right to consider self-defense against authorities, but innocent black teens walking down a street unarmed, not so much.
    You don't get to take a cop's gun. It don't work that way. Join us here on planet Earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #64
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    And yet, aren't you one of the ones that was advocating the arrest if not immediate murder of any federal LEOs that might fire upon or hinder in anyway the Bundy gang of nutters? Hmm, how do you square that?
    No he wasn't, nor was I. Nice try, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #65
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    You misread my point. You blamed Brown for running away. Well, the sequence is this - 1) he got shot in the chest by the cop and then, 2) ran away. Well, what is the standard reaction after you get shot in the chest? Stand there and hope you don't get shot a second time? Reason with the shooter? Maybe that would have been the better option, but it seems a bit much to expect someone to do that, doesn't it?
    Okay, I likely misread your post. As for the rest of that diatribe, it's an absurd strawman without context (like if a police officer is the one who shot you) and detail.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    You make it difficult to assume anything other than it is about race because you've made sweeping assumptions about their character with no other basis than how they look or talk. And I know why you invoked Sharpton, or can connect the dots, because he was famously involved in a case where the 'victim' lied - Tawana Brawley. So it's a clear attempt to further impugn the character of Johnson who you called a 'thug' in post one.
    Only for you, I judge him thug because of his look AND his actions. His speech was just fine, as I stated he came off as a professional talking head. Sharpton has been involved as coach in a string of incidents, it's what he does if there's race issues to be stirred.

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    And Sharpton is ONE extreme and very infamous example of the 'coaching' that happens in a tiny sliver of "these situations" (whatever 'these situations' means). If you invoke him, you invite people to assume the worst, that the witness (Johnson) is lying until proven otherwise.
    Yes, there are others who do the same thing as Sharpton. However, they don't have the name recognition. And that you assumed the worst is all on you.

  6. #66
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,853

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why did he go for the cop's gun, if he was such a great kid?
    We don't know that he did - the guy who (allegedly) shot him in the back as he was running away, then again after he reportedly turned around with his hands up, said he did. It might be true, but we don't know that at this point.

    And there is nothing in the record that I've seen to indicate anything other than he WAS a good kid.

  7. #67
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    It's pretty funny - you think the cop murdered Brown, but at the same time blame Brown for getting in a fight with this murderous cop. Don't you see the least bit of disconnect there?
    No, that you do speaks volumes. The cop wasn't "murderous" when Brown got in a fight with him.

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    BTW, if you have any evidence he wasn't a basically good kid, show it. What crimes had he been charged or convicted of? How many encounters with police prior to this incident? He WAS enrolled in college, by all accounts, and due to start classes in a few days. Do you disagree?
    A good kid, especially one used to a neighborhood where you know the cops are tough isn't going to defy officers, try to shine them on. A good kid isn't going to fight with the officer. A good kid isn't going to do any of what Brown did in this situation.

    Being enrolled in college isn't some certificate of goodness, non-thuggery.

  8. #68
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,853

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Okay, I likely misread your post. As for the rest of that diatribe, it's an absurd strawman without context (like if a police officer is the one who shot you) and detail.
    The point is he'd just been shot. He's in a panic, flight or fight, it's wired into our DNA, no time to reason. If you want to blame him for running after that, you're just wanting a reason to blame Brown because the other instinct is to attack the person shooting you - he didn't do that.

    Only for you, I judge him thug because of his look AND his actions. His speech was just fine, as I stated he came off as a professional talking head. Sharpton has been involved as coach in a string of incidents, it's what he does if there's race issues to be stirred.
    Which actions? Not sticking around after the cop starts shooting at them? Calmly reasoning with the police in the middle of a shooting? Right, I forgot..... And you assume Johnson is stirring race issues, not speaking the truth, but he's not a liar, just a thug.

    Yes, there are others who do the same thing as Sharpton. However, they don't have the name recognition. And that you assumed the worst is all on you.
    Right, because you think Johnson is a thug, but not lying, just getting coached, by the likes of a known race hustler, to stir a racial pot, etc. Can't believe I've made assumptions...

  9. #69
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    And yet, aren't you one of the ones that was advocating the arrest if not immediate murder of any federal LEOs that might fire upon or hinder in anyway the Bundy gang of nutters? Hmm, how do you square that?
    Nope, don't know who you're thinking of, but it aint me.

  10. #70
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,853

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No, that you do speaks volumes. The cop wasn't "murderous" when Brown got in a fight with him.
    The cop, according to you, shot an unarmed, defenseless person with his arms raised in surrender. He's a murderous person, irrational.

    A good kid, especially one used to a neighborhood where you know the cops are tough isn't going to defy officers, try to shine them on. A good kid isn't going to fight with the officer. A good kid isn't going to do any of what Brown did in this situation.
    Right, because we all know right wingers believe the proper response to the police is meek and immediate acceptance of their proper unquestioned authority.

    "I'll give them my guns when when the federal agents come to my house and ask for them, immediately, with no protest." I think that's a good rendering of the famous quote?

    Being enrolled in college isn't some certificate of goodness, non-thuggery.
    True, but there is no other evidence he had a history of being a thug. Goodness....

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •