Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 162

Thread: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

  1. #51
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Well, the guy shot graduated from HS, was on his way to college, and by all accounts (so far) was a good kid, who had no criminal record. So he wasn't a thug, and got killed. That's the reason for the protests.
    Why did he go for the cop's gun, if he was such a great kid?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #52
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Don't be a black kid walking down the street when a cop is driving by looking for trouble.
    If there weren't so nany black thugs, it wouldn't happen nearly as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #53
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I'm going to quit discussing the whole "thug" thing - you've made your point. Young black guys who don't talk correctly = thugs. Got it.
    Nice assumption. No, I think young folks of any color or shape who disregard and shine on police, who throw gang signs in photos, who are willing to struggle with the police are presumptive thugs. But it's interesting that your mind works that way, going to race first.

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    But do you really expect a person to stay around and try to 'defuse the situation' after a cop has shot your friend in the chest? How does that work? "Excuse me Mr. Policeman, but I would sure rather you quit shooting my friend in the chest. We wish you no harm, sir, and my friend might expire should you persist in your shooting of him.

    Please note my raised arms, and if you would kindly stop shooting, we will be on our way to the Emergency Room. We would be ever so grateful if you would ring 911 and request the good folks there to dispatch an ambulance to this scene, post haste! Have a good day, old chap!"
    How about, sorry officer, we'll leave the street immediately. And then later, quit fighting dude, stay still and let the officer do his thing. And then, don't run, just get down on your belly and I'll call 911. Or how about keep reminding your buddy and the officer that you are unarmed and really don't want trouble. Hell, just anything but abandoning your buddy.

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Or it could be the truth.
    Could be, not likely from what we know thus far, but could be.
    Last edited by clownboy; 08-12-14 at 05:55 PM.

  4. #54
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why did he go for the cop's gun, if he was such a great kid?
    Y'know at some point, we should have the right to self-defense even against cops. IF what I've read of the eyewitness accounts are correct, the cops were way out of line, being physically violent against what at this time seems to be for no reason. We don't know if the cop took his gun out and was threatening with it, and the kid tried to get it for a reason like that????

    I'm not saying any of it is true, what I'm saying is that if you can't imagine a potential reason why you might try to disarm an overly aggressive cop in your face, then all the bluster about your 2nd amendment rights and right to self-defense and SYG (even through screen doors or into the backs of fleeing robbers, iirc) is just that... bluster.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  5. #55
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Well, the guy shot graduated from HS, was on his way to college, and by all accounts (so far) was a good kid, who had no criminal record. So he wasn't a thug, and got killed. That's the reason for the protests.
    And there we have the little angel picture being written. This same little angel was fighting with the police.

  6. #56
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    And there we have the little angel picture being written. This same little angel was fighting with the police.
    We don't yet know the circumstances of the altercation, so I'll hold off forming any opinion until something at least comes out that's legitimate.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #57
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Y'know at some point, we should have the right to self-defense even against cops. IF what I've read of the eyewitness accounts are correct, the cops were way out of line, being physically violent against what at this time seems to be for no reason. We don't know if the cop took his gun out and was threatening with it, and the kid tried to get it for a reason like that????

    I'm not saying any of it is true, what I'm saying is that if you can't imagine a potential reason why you might try to disarm an overly aggressive cop in your face, then all the bluster about your 2nd amendment rights and right to self-defense (even through screen doors or into the backs of fleeing robbers, iirc) is just that... bluster.
    No, you don't get to do that. Get real!

    Aren't you one of the folks that think Bundy supporters should all be executed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #58
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,719

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Nice try, forgotten what you posted and I quoted?
    You misread my point. You blamed Brown for running away. Well, the sequence is this - 1) he got shot in the chest by the cop and then, 2) ran away. Well, what is the standard reaction after you get shot in the chest? Stand there and hope you don't get shot a second time? Reason with the shooter? Maybe that would have been the better option, but it seems a bit much to expect someone to do that, doesn't it?

    You just can't stop assuming and getting it wrong can you? You're so guilty about race (see, that's how that assuming thing works) you think that's why I believe he's a thug or why he's been coached. I invoked Sharpton because he's a clear example of the coaching that happens in these situations.
    You make it difficult to assume anything other than it is about race because you've made sweeping assumptions about their character with no other basis than how they look or talk. And I know why you invoked Sharpton, or can connect the dots, because he was famously involved in a case where the 'victim' lied - Tawana Brawley. So it's a clear attempt to further impugn the character of Johnson who you called a 'thug' in post one.

    And Sharpton is ONE extreme and very infamous example of the 'coaching' that happens in a tiny sliver of "these situations" (whatever 'these situations' means). If you invoke him, you invite people to assume the worst, that the witness (Johnson) is lying until proven otherwise.

  9. #59
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Y'know at some point, we should have the right to self-defense even against cops. IF what I've read of the eyewitness accounts are correct, the cops were way out of line, being physically violent against what at this time seems to be for no reason. We don't know if the cop took his gun out and was threatening with it, and the kid tried to get it for a reason like that????

    I'm not saying any of it is true, what I'm saying is that if you can't imagine a potential reason why you might try to disarm an overly aggressive cop in your face, then all the bluster about your 2nd amendment rights and right to self-defense and SYG (even through screen doors or into the backs of fleeing robbers, iirc) is just that... bluster.
    No, for two reasons. One, the average citizen really doesn't know the law, just what they think the law should be - most folks can't adequately describe legal self defense. Two, it's the way to ensure you will be dead.

  10. #60
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,719

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    And there we have the little angel picture being written. This same little angel was fighting with the police.
    It's pretty funny - you think the cop murdered Brown, but at the same time blame Brown for getting in a fight with this murderous cop. Don't you see the least bit of disconnect there?

    BTW, if you have any evidence he wasn't a basically good kid, show it. What crimes had he been charged or convicted of? How many encounters with police prior to this incident? He WAS enrolled in college, by all accounts, and due to start classes in a few days. Do you disagree?

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •