Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 162

Thread: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

  1. #31
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,770

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    So, the door bouncing off Johnson wasn't an accident? Wow. And yes I blame Brown for running and failing to comply, you conveniently leave out the struggle in the police car. Not sure if you're operating from a mental block or just trying to repair your argument.
    He'd just been SHOT in the CHEST. It's hard to be rational at that point. And it's the alleged struggle in the police car. If you believe Johnson, you're blaming Brown for struggling after the cop grabs him by the neck then shirt and tries to drag him toward the window of the car.

    And where did I say that?
    You said, "I blame the officer for coming up on a surrendered Brown and murdering him." What you didn't say was you blamed the officer for shooting him in the back as he ran away, which is why I asked the question whether that shooting was justified (if the facts show it happened, as has been alleged).

  2. #32
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    On what basis is his story "so obviously couched." (as an aside, you mean coached I think - how does one "couch" another person. Is there a Head Couch in that black community? Is this where they sleep or where they sit and watch TV?
    You finally find a point, but you won't be able to repair your argument on the back of a single misspelling. I did in fact intend to type "coach". And seriously? You don't know how folks are sometimes coached before they meet the press? C'mon, even the simpleminded won't buy that.

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I've never asserted those two were 'angels' - whatever that means to you. But what you haven't said with any detail is what 'part' they played? Unless Brown grabbed the cop, or lunged at him, the cop had no business grabbing his neck or his shirt or escalating something as trivial as not walking on the sidewalk into a violent encounter.
    I did indeed state I don't believe Johnson's assertion that the kicking of the door closed was an accident. And yes, that is technically a justification for the officer grabbing Brown. I've been clear about what I blame Brown for and what I blame the officer for. You however have not been reading my posts, but rather what you assume I'm saying. You've made that clear.

    As for your latest rant of assumption, I did indeed say I blamed Brown for running, and I also blamed the officer for overreacting in shooting him as he was running. However, I blame Brown more for that part of it. Even Johnson admits the officer was yelling, "Stop or I'll shoot". I really don't know the legality of shooting a fleeing suspect these days. That used to be okay in my youth.
    Last edited by clownboy; 08-12-14 at 04:15 PM.

  3. #33
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,770

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    You finally find a point, but you won't be able to repair your argument on the back of a single misspelling. I did in fact intend to type "coach". And seriously? You don't know how folks are sometimes coached before they meet the press? C'mon, even the simpleminded won't buy that.
    For the record, I'm not normally the spelling police, but that was the third time in three different posts you'd used 'couched' instead of coached.

    Of course people are coached before they appear on TV. But you've asserted with no evidence that Johnson is 1) a "THUG" and 2) the "coached" story told by this thug who is no angel is only partially true or perhaps entirely untrue for all I know, but what we do know is you're engaged in a form of character assassination in your descriptions of Johnson and his telling of the incident.

    I did indeed state I don't believe Johnson's assertion that the kicking of the door close was an accident. And yes, that is technically a justification for the officer grabbing Brown. I've been clear about what I blame Brown for and what I blame the officer for. You however have not been reading my posts, but rather what you assume I'm saying. You've made that clear.
    Johnson didn't say they accidentally KICKED the door closed, he said the police pulled up right next to them, tried to open the door and it bounced off Brown. If that's true, then it's obviously NOT a justification for the dumbass officer to grab the guy who he'd just bounced a car door off of.
    Last edited by JasperL; 08-12-14 at 04:29 PM.

  4. #34
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Of course people are coached before they appear on TV. But you've asserted with no evidence that Johnson is 1) a "THUG" and 2) the "coached" story told by this thug who is no angel is only partially true or perhaps entirely untrue for all I know, but what we do know is you're engaged in a form of character assassination in your descriptions of Johnson and his telling of the incident.
    YOUR assumption is that I said he was coached to assassinate his character. False assumption. You asserted he was not coached, but now your story has changed.



    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Johnson didn't say they accidentally KICKED the door closed, he said the police pulled up right next to them, tried to open the door and it bounced off Brown. If that's true, then it's obviously NOT a justification for the dumbass officer to grab the guy who he'd just bounced a car door off of.
    Nice try, I don't believe that part of the story. I thought I made that clear. But you apparently want to assume I'm saying something else.

  5. #35
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,276

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    The stories are "all over the place" but you've already decided the guy is a lying thug. Got it. I can't imagine how you've come to that conclusion....

    BTW, what does it mean to be "couched" by the best? And he wouldn't have had a chance to be coached "by the best" if the incompetent cops had interviewed him shortly after the incident, and now that they have NOT, it's a good excuse for you to assume the guy is a liar. Neat trick you got going there. Using the incompetence of the police to impeach the story of a witness, or according to you, fellow perpetrator!
    He thinks as the government tells him to think, no questions asked.

    I sure would hate to have him on a jury.....

  6. #36
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,770

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    As for your latest rant of assumption, I did indeed say I blamed Brown for running, and I also blamed the officer for overreacting in shooting him as he was running. However, I blame Brown more for that part of it. Even Johnson admits the officer was yelling, "Stop or I'll shoot". I really don't know the legality of shooting a fleeing suspect these days. That used to be okay in my youth.
    I guess I missed that part.... It's alleged he shot an unarmed man in chest during a struggle, in the the back as he was running away, then again after he stopped turned around and had his hands up.

    And as far as I know it's legal to shoot a fleeing suspect if the officer believes that suspect to be a danger to others. So if Brown had a gun, which he didn't, and had shot at the cop, which he hadn't, then shooting him in the back as he ran away would probably be OK. As is, I guess he has to argue he THOUGHT the guy was armed and dangerous, or something. But he can't (AFAIK) just go and kill a guy running away for no reason other than he's running away.

    And I know you blame the guy who'd just been shot in the chest for running, but it makes no sense to me. I'm sure I'd be in a panic at that point - unarmed, walking down the street, doing nothing wrong, and in 10 seconds, shot in the chest for no apparent reason but an out of control cop. It's not the time or place for sober reflection about the pros and cons of various options.

  7. #37
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,010

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    There is a war going on between normal people and a cast/police society with greater rights than normal people. I assume most cops dont even know its a secret war because for the most part its a leadership problem that occasionally gets together with a secluded instance. The average human would sweep a life changing (for the bad) event under the rug if they could. They dont want their whole life, as they know it, to end. Which is why all cops need helmet cams and if they dont record the event properly (aiming the cam away on purpose) then they should be automatically assumed guilty, as cops really do have extra rights above the average. I guess these specific cops even have on duty personal cop cams but arent using them?

    Cops really annoy the **** out of me. Just last week I had a nazi cop-pig interupt me and my little brothers kung fu training in the front yard (peaceful, no hurting, learning to defend against bullies). He said "If he sees it again he is going to arrest us for fighting in public and disturbing the peace." Ive had a cop point a gun at my head even though I had done nothing wrong, was just hanging out with a black guy. Ive had cops make me do the DUI test over and over and over and over and over as his buddies laughed at me until I finally got fed up and sat on the curb, so he hit me with a resisting arrest. For the most parts cops = jocks that couldnt make it in a sport after high school.

    I really dont get why there isnt stricter laws for cops, the guys who go around with holstered death on their hip. It seems backwards. Cops get the lax treatment and have insurance for wrong doing. If the average person gets 3 strikes then a cop should only get 1. There is no reform. They are a bad person. They dont get extra privledges and the leadership of these people should view bad cops as scum that need to be paraded in front of society and scorned.

    Hear about the married cop couple that shot their daughters boyfriend in cold blood? Imagine how much crap like that gets swept under the rug because a cop pointed his dashcam away from the event and decided there was no witnesses. We need protections against this. If a cop didnt document it then they are guilty of whatever they are accused of. Its harsh but it seems to be the only protection. You want rights above the average? Then take the extra responsibility repercussions along with it.

    Why wouldnt every cop and cop leader want everything the cop sees being recorded???? Because they only want the good news to get out and never the bad. Its fake. They are protecting paychecks and employee rosters and funding. Not people.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  8. #38
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,770

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    YOUR assumption is that I said he was coached to assassinate his character. False assumption. You asserted he was not coached, but now your story has changed.
    Right, you have a lot of respect for the guy, who you called a "thug" in post one of this thread. And you said this on page one, "He sounds couched by the best, is Sharpton there yet?" Gosh, I can't imagine why I assumed you were engaged in character assassination....

    Nice try, I don't believe that part of the story. I thought I made that clear. But you apparently want to assume I'm saying something else.
    But that's not what you said - you said Johnson 'admitted' to accidentally kicking the door closed. He didn't admit to anything like that. He said the officer bounced the door off Brown.

  9. #39
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I guess I missed that part.... It's alleged he shot an unarmed man in chest during a struggle, in the the back as he was running away, then again after he stopped turned around and had his hands up.

    And as far as I know it's legal to shoot a fleeing suspect if the officer believes that suspect to be a danger to others. So if Brown had a gun, which he didn't, and had shot at the cop, which he hadn't, then shooting him in the back as he ran away would probably be OK. As is, I guess he has to argue he THOUGHT the guy was armed and dangerous, or something. But he can't (AFAIK) just go and kill a guy running away for no reason other than he's running away.

    And I know you blame the guy who'd just been shot in the chest for running, but it makes no sense to me. I'm sure I'd be in a panic at that point - unarmed, walking down the street, doing nothing wrong, and in 10 seconds, shot in the chest for no apparent reason but an out of control cop. It's not the time or place for sober reflection about the pros and cons of various options.
    Just to put a fine point on it, can't really shoot a guy in the chest when their back is to you running away. Unless you're using those fancy new guided rounds.

    Again, to be clear, and really I think once you disregard your assumptions, we mostly agree, here is what I think from what we know so far. The officer overreacted to two young kneepants wearers who were failing to comply with a simple order to leave the middle of the street. When he pulled over to give them a talking to his door was kicked or bumped shut on him. He overreacted and grabbed one of the kids to keep him from running off. The guy fought with the officer. The struggle made it into the police vehicle where the guy was shot the first time. The guy extricated himself and began running from the scene where the officer after verbally warning shot the guy again in the back. The guy stopped at that point and surrendered. The cop came forward and shot the guy several more time after he had surrendered.

  10. #40
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    The police havent even interviewed one of the key witnesses. Many witnesses back up Johnson's claims as well. I think its pretty that the police know they did something incredibly wrong and are trying their best to disclose as least amount of information possible. [/FONT][/COLOR]

    Am I missing something here? How do we know they don't plan to interview him?

    I'm no expert on these things, but when a cop shoots a civilian, it gets special handling and a lot of people involved. I'm sure they will interview this guy.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •