Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 162

Thread: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

  1. #21
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,213

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    First of all, it's interesting you already characterize the future trial (if there is one) as a "show trial" which assumes by the characterization that the guilty verdict, if there is one, will be not based on what happened, but because the jury is threatened by riots by blacks. Lots of baseless assumptions built into your narrative, and a strong implication that the officer is innocent.

    And in this case, by all the accounts I've seen, the person killed was a good person - going to college, stayed out of trouble, etc. That's WHY there is outrage, when there is less or little or none when a gang banger gets killed.

    Finally, don't you think the residents have a right to expect more out of cops than from gang bangers - that they should expect that their children who aren't a threat, aren't dealing drugs, aren't carrying weapons, don't get shot in the street by the police, with their hands up? If they should expect that, then you're saying because some members of the black community aren't, in your view, sufficiently outraged by black on black violence, they somehow have no legitimate authority to protest when one of their own is killed by a cop? I don't understand the logic there.

    LOL !

    You can't be this naive.

    Yea sure, those were "residents " rioting and burning down other people's property. ...

    Those "residents " are making the assumption that this Cops guilty and you seem to agree.

    What they EXPECT is a GUILTY verdict which pretty much backs my assertion that the coming trial will be just a technicality to a eventual guilty verdict

    If one is not delivered, these " residents " will have another reason to destroyx rob and loot.

  2. #22
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    What they EXPECT is a GUILTY verdict which pretty much backs my assertion that the coming trial will be just a technicality to a eventual guilty verdict.
    You guys said the exact same thing about the Zimmerman trial and that never happened.

  3. #23
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,723

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    You obviously are not listening to Johnson's version of events, even though you admit he was a "witness". Your description of what happened is different than even his. I understand, you're trying to repair your argument. Again, IF Johnson's version is correct, I blame the officer for his initial overreaction (grabbing Brown when as Johnson admits they "accidentally" kicked the car door closed on him). I blame Brown for the struggle in the car. I blame Brown for running after the struggle in the car. I blame the officer for coming up on a surrendered Brown and murdering him.
    I 'admit' he was a witness? No, it's just a fact that I accept.

    And Johnson didn't admit the two black men accidentally kicked the door closed, he says the officer tried to open it, and the door bounced off of Johnson. And you blame Brown for running after the cop shoots him? Why? What would you do? Stand around and hope the cop who shot you (for no reason if you believe Brown) doesn't shoot you again?

    And is it OK to shoot a fleeing suspect in the back? That's a justified use of deadly force, on an unarmed suspect?



    Yes, Johnson has spoken to the media and said Brown was shot once in the car, fled, was shot again after being warned to stop, and then several times more after he went to his knees and put his hands up.[/QUOTE]

  4. #24
    Sage
    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Twinsburg Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,940

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    god this reminds me of the zimmerman mess

    everyone jumping to conclusions without much to back anything up

    just like the ferguson citizens, everyone needs to chill

    there is an investigation proceeding

    if it was my son shot, or my son accused of the shooting, i would want that investigation thorough

    that takes time

    this wont be glossed over one way or the other.....but can we get some real information before the cop is executed, or exonerated
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  5. #25
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,213

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    You guys said the exact same thing about the Zimmerman trial and that never happened.
    No " you guys " didn't say that at all.

    I knew Zimmerman would be exonerated and didn't expect more than what happened after he was found innocent.

    This is different and the response to a innocent verdict will be different.

  6. #26
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Well, what you did is call him a thug, then accused him of telling a story that someone coached him to say. That's also known as lying. If his story is the truth as he recalls it, and you believe it, then why would you assume that a story truthfully told has been coached? Few of us faced with a camera are eloquent, but you've taken someone who can't tell a story on camera as smoothly as a news anchor and assumed because he can't that he's lying or repeating a coached account. It's funny in a sad/pathetic way.

    And now you're telling me based on nothing more concrete than his language that he's 'no angel.' How many ways can you negatively stereotype Johnson? Are you shooting for a record of baseless allegations of character flaws in one thread?



    You're really making no sense. The kid is a thug whose story has been coached, but you believe him? OK, I do too. But because I do, I must assume his story is his and an accurate account of what happened (as best he can recall) and not the story concocted by a slick lawyer for some nefarious purpose.
    You make so many assumptions in that post that it's hard to detail one by one. YOUR assumptions are all on you. He was so obviously couched. He presents his account like a professional talking head. I did not assume that his account was made up, but I do think details have been smoothed over to make himself and Brown to sound totally innocent in the matter. For instance, I don't think they accidentally kicked the cruiser door closed.

    What makes no sense to you is that Brown and perhaps Johnson probably weren't as angelic as you're making them out to be in this situation. That doesn't make Brown any less a victim of murder. However wrong the officer was, and he was very wrong to kill Brown, Brown, and maybe Johnson, played a part here.

  7. #27
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,723

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    LOL !

    You can't be this naive.

    Yea sure, those were "residents " rioting and burning down other people's property. ...
    What do you want me to call them but 'residents?' And some were rioting and burning property - the vast majority were not. But I see you're into stereotyping them all like clownboy.

    Those "residents " are making the assumption that this Cops guilty and you seem to agree.
    That's fair enough, because the cops have given us no reason to think the shooter isn't guilty. It's certainly suspect that they apparently believe a guy standing two feet away when the first shot was fired has nothing to add to the 'investigation' don't you think?

    But the reverse is also true - you're assuming the cop is innocent, which is why you labeled a trial that hasn't happened after charges that haven't been filed will be a show trial with a guilty verdict regardless of the facts of the case. I'm not making any assumption except that at this point the shooting looks terrible, and every hour there is no more information released to the public about it, the dirtier this incident looks.

    What they EXPECT is a GUILTY verdict which pretty much backs my assertion that the coming trial will be just a technicality to a eventual guilty verdict

    If one is not delivered, these " residents " will have another reason to destroyx rob and loot.
    Perhaps, but you're doing a nice job of baseless expectations of the worst from the community (or should I say gang of thugs? better?).

  8. #28
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I 'admit' he was a witness? No, it's just a fact that I accept.

    And Johnson didn't admit the two black men accidentally kicked the door closed, he says the officer tried to open it, and the door bounced off of Johnson. And you blame Brown for running after the cop shoots him? Why? What would you do? Stand around and hope the cop who shot you (for no reason if you believe Brown) doesn't shoot you again?
    So, the door bouncing off Johnson wasn't an accident? Wow. And yes I blame Brown for running and failing to comply, you conveniently leave out the struggle in the police car. Not sure if you're operating from a mental block or just trying to repair your argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    And is it OK to shoot a fleeing suspect in the back? That's a justified use of deadly force, on an unarmed suspect?
    And where did I say that?

  9. #29
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,213

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    What do you want me to call them but 'residents?' And some were rioting and burning property - the vast majority were not. But I see you're into stereotyping them all like clownboy.



    That's fair enough, because the cops have given us no reason to think the shooter isn't guilty. It's certainly suspect that they apparently believe a guy standing two feet away when the first shot was fired has nothing to add to the 'investigation' don't you think?

    But the reverse is also true - you're assuming the cop is innocent, which is why you labeled a trial that hasn't happened after charges that haven't been filed will be a show trial with a guilty verdict regardless of the facts of the case. I'm not making any assumption except that at this point the shooting looks terrible, and every hour there is no more information released to the public about it, the dirtier this incident looks.



    Perhaps, but you're doing a nice job of baseless expectations of the worst from the community (or should I say gang of thugs? better?).

    Baseless assumptions ?

    Pot meet kettle.

    Everyone of your post in this thread is loaded with baseless and subjective assumptions.

    Let me give you an example of objectivity.

    Niether side of the story can be corroborated 100 percent at this point.

    The only thing that can be confirmed is a cop killed a black teenager and "residents " responded with protest and riots.

  10. #30
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,723

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    You make so many assumptions in that post that it's hard to detail one by one. YOUR assumptions are all on you. He was so obviously couched. He presents his account like a professional talking head. I did not assume that his account was made up, but I do think details have been smoothed over to make himself and Brown to sound totally innocent in the matter. For instance, I don't think they accidentally kicked the cruiser door closed.
    On what basis is his story "so obviously couched." (as an aside, you mean coached I think - how does one "couch" another person. Is there a Head Couch in that black community? Is this where they sleep or where they sit and watch TV?

    What makes no sense to you is that Brown and perhaps Johnson probably weren't as angelic as you're making them out to be in this situation. That doesn't make Brown any less a victim of murder. However wrong the officer was, and he was very wrong to kill Brown, Brown, and maybe Johnson, played a part here.
    I've never asserted those two were 'angels' - whatever that means to you. But what you haven't said with any detail is what 'part' they played? Unless Brown grabbed the cop, or lunged at him, the cop had no business grabbing his neck or his shirt or escalating something as trivial as not walking on the sidewalk into a violent encounter.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •