Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 162

Thread: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

  1. #11
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,244

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    What possible motive could an 18 year old, who had a clean record, was starting college this week, and by all accounts a law abiding citizen have to assault and shoot a cop?

    And what possible crime was he suspected of when the cop stopped him? Nearest I can see is that he was guilty of walking down a street, while black, in the middle of the day.

    Outrage over the death of a black male by a Police officer is a massive waste of energy.

    The leading cause of death for black males ages 16-19 is murder.

    Over 90 percent of those murders are committed by other black males.

    Not Police officers.

    The shooting should be investigated but whats coming is a show trial with a guilty verdict because of the threat of riots.

    And while all this is going on black males are being murdered at a highly disproportional rate than any other race

    No outrage there.

  2. #12
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,279

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Outrage over the death of a black male by a Police officer is a massive waste of energy.

    The leading cause of death for black males ages 16-19 is murder.

    Over 90 percent of those murders are committed by other black males.

    Not Police officers.

    The shooting should be investigated but whats coming is a show trial with a guilty verdict because of the threat of riots.

    And while all this is going on black males are being murdered at a highly disproportional rate than any other race

    No outrage there.
    Sooooo.... you are good with cops killing kids, because...uh

    Hell, I can't even attempt to see how you justify your reasoning.

    Sure wish you could experience what it is like to be suspected of everything by the cops because you just happen to be black. Maybe then you could understand a bit better.

    If your child was killed by a cop when they did nothing wrong, other than looking a certain way, how would you feel?
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  3. #13
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,244

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Sooooo.... you are good with cops killing kids, because...uh

    Hell, I can't even attempt to see how you justify your reasoning.

    Sure wish you could experience what it is like to be suspected of everything by the cops because you just happen to be black. Maybe then you could understand a bit better.

    If your child was killed by a cop when they did nothing wrong, other than looking a certain way, how would you feel?

    Sooooo......you're good with calling this Cop guilty before his case ever goes to trial.

    You've made allot of assumptions there.

    You share a mindset with all the rioters.

    Good for you.

  4. #14
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Something's up. Cops aren't talking to witnesses, not releasing any 411, sure stinks IMO. Maybe the FBI has taken control over the investigation? We don't know what's happening behind the scenes, but for a PD to remain silent is not a good thing, it makes one in their department appear guilty of something.

  5. #15
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    What possible motive could an 18 year old, who had a clean record, was starting college this week, and by all accounts a law abiding citizen have to assault and shoot a cop?

    And what possible crime was he suspected of when the cop stopped him? Nearest I can see is that he was guilty of walking down a street, while black, in the middle of the day.
    Listen to Johnson's statement of events, he was there after all. He did indeed by ALL accounts struggle with the officer in the officer's car and was shot once in that struggle.

  6. #16
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,745

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Outrage over the death of a black male by a Police officer is a massive waste of energy.

    The leading cause of death for black males ages 16-19 is murder.

    Over 90 percent of those murders are committed by other black males.

    Not Police officers.

    The shooting should be investigated but whats coming is a show trial with a guilty verdict because of the threat of riots.

    And while all this is going on black males are being murdered at a highly disproportional rate than any other race

    No outrage there.
    First of all, it's interesting you already characterize the future trial (if there is one) as a "show trial" which assumes by the characterization that the guilty verdict, if there is one, will be not based on what happened, but because the jury is threatened by riots by blacks. Lots of baseless assumptions built into your narrative, and a strong implication that the officer is innocent.

    And in this case, by all the accounts I've seen, the person killed was a good person - going to college, stayed out of trouble, etc. That's WHY there is outrage, when there is less or little or none when a gang banger gets killed.

    Finally, don't you think the residents have a right to expect more out of cops than from gang bangers - that they should expect that their children who aren't a threat, aren't dealing drugs, aren't carrying weapons, don't get shot in the street by the police, with their hands up? If they should expect that, then you're saying because some members of the black community aren't, in your view, sufficiently outraged by black on black violence, they somehow have no legitimate authority to protest when one of their own is killed by a cop? I don't understand the logic there.

  7. #17
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    The stories are "all over the place" but you've already decided the guy is a lying thug. Got it. I can't imagine how you've come to that conclusion....

    BTW, what does it mean to be "couched" by the best? And he wouldn't have had a chance to be coached "by the best" if the incompetent cops had interviewed him shortly after the incident, and now that they have NOT, it's a good excuse for you to assume the guy is a liar. Neat trick you got going there. Using the incompetence of the police to impeach the story of a witness, or according to you, fellow perpetrator!
    I didn't call him a "lying thug", that's your invention, I called him a thug plain and simple. He's not an angel, nor was Brown. If you listen to Johnson's statement to the press he does indeed sound couched. You can see him struggling to keep his language under control. There's even a handler holding him by the shoulder encouraging him to keep to the story.

    That said, I don't believe the police will be able to gloss this one over, nor should they. What started with an overreaction by the officer lead to the officer murdering Brown. That's my take on what I've heard thus far.

  8. #18
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,745

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Listen to Johnson's statement of events, he was there after all. He did indeed by ALL accounts struggle with the officer in the officer's car and was shot once in that struggle.
    So what - the reason Brown was struggling with the officer is sort of the key question. If you're walking down the street and some cop pulls up next to you, grabs your neck, then shirt, I don't think at that point I can blame YOU for that struggle, but you're blaming the dead kid here based on what?

    And we don't know yet that he was shot more than one time because they haven't released any information, but Johnson also said Brown was shot while running away, unarmed, and shot AT (at least) after he'd stopped, turned around and had his hands up in the air.

  9. #19
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    So what - the reason Brown was struggling with the officer is sort of the key question. If you're walking down the street and some cop pulls up next to you, grabs your neck, then shirt, I don't think at that point I can blame YOU for that struggle, but you're blaming the dead kid here based on what?
    You obviously are not listening to Johnson's version of events, even though you admit he was a "witness". Your description of what happened is different than even his. I understand, you're trying to repair your argument. Again, IF Johnson's version is correct, I blame the officer for his initial overreaction (grabbing Brown when as Johnson admits they "accidentally" kicked the car door closed on him). I blame Brown for the struggle in the car. I blame Brown for running after the struggle in the car. I blame the officer for coming up on a surrendered Brown and murdering him.

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    And we don't know yet that he was shot more than one time because they haven't released any information, but Johnson also said Brown was shot while running away, unarmed, and shot AT (at least) after he'd stopped, turned around and had his hands up in the air.
    Yes, Johnson has spoken to the media and said Brown was shot once in the car, fled, was shot again after being warned to stop, and then several times more after he went to his knees and put his hands up.

  10. #20
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,745

    Re: Lawyer: Police Haven't Talked To Michael Brown Shooting Witness

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    I didn't call him a "lying thug", that's your invention, I called him a thug plain and simple. He's not an angel, nor was Brown. If you listen to Johnson's statement to the press he does indeed sound couched. You can see him struggling to keep his language under control. There's even a handler holding him by the shoulder encouraging him to keep to the story.
    Well, what you did is call him a thug, then accused him of telling a story that someone coached him to say. That's also known as lying. If his story is the truth as he recalls it, and you believe it, then why would you assume that a story truthfully told has been coached? Few of us faced with a camera are eloquent, but you've taken someone who can't tell a story on camera as smoothly as a news anchor and assumed because he can't that he's lying or repeating a coached account. It's funny in a sad/pathetic way.

    And now you're telling me based on nothing more concrete than his language that he's 'no angel.' How many ways can you negatively stereotype Johnson? Are you shooting for a record of baseless allegations of character flaws in one thread?

    That said, I don't believe the police will be able to gloss this one over, nor should they. What started with an overreaction by the officer lead to the officer murdering Brown. That's my take on what I've heard thus far.
    You're really making no sense. The kid is a thug whose story has been coached, but you believe him? OK, I do too. But because I do, I must assume his story is his and an accurate account of what happened (as best he can recall) and not the story concocted by a slick lawyer for some nefarious purpose.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •