Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 95

Thread: Man Allegedly Shot Dead By Police In Wal-Mart For Carrying BB Gun He Picked Up In The

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Man Allegedly Shot Dead By Police In Wal-Mart For Carrying BB Gun He Picked Up In

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    That's ridiculous. It is not illegal to hold a pellet gun.
    Do us all a favor and go point a pellet gun at costomers and disobay the cops when they show up, before posting again.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Man Allegedly Shot Dead By Police In Wal-Mart For Carrying BB Gun He Picked Up In

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Do us all a favor and go point a pellet gun at costomers and disobay the cops when they show up, before posting again.


    Sure, I'll do that as soon as you pass a remedial English class.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Man Allegedly Shot Dead By Police In Wal-Mart For Carrying BB Gun He Picked Up In

    Quote Originally Posted by Paxaeon View Post
    `
    "On Wednesday, 22-year-old John Crawford was shot dead inside a Wal-Mart by police in Beavercreek, Ohio, after a shopper called 911 to report someone inside with a gun. Now, Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine says the gun Crawford was carrying was a BB gun known as a variable pump air rifle — a target-shooting and small game-hunting gun made to look like a real, more deadly weapon.

    The MK-177 Crosman BB/Pellet Rifle gun is stocked in the shelves at Wal-Mart, and relatives of Crawford’s say he wasn’t carrying any gun when he entered Wal-Mart. He reportedly picked up the gun in the toy section of the store. The store says it has since been told to remove the gun from its shelves.

    Some witnesses say Crawford was pointing the gun at customers and children, and did not comply with police commands. But Crawford’s family has asked state civil rights groups including the NAACP to look into the shooting. Crawford was black." - Source - Screen shot
    `
    `
    `

    This is a tragic event but I do not blame the police in this.

    First off, the race of the suspect is completely irrelevant. If the news story is correct, he was pointing a toy gun, made to look realistic, at people in the store. The police acted prudently.

    `
    Lots of fishiness in this story. Perhaps its different in Ohio but here pellet rifles aren't kept in the childrens toy section. He was apparently pointing and therefore threatening people. 22 year olds know this.

    He was either psych, on drugs, or this was a suicide by cop.

    The silly "fix" from "thinkprogress" involves factors not related to this episode nor the airsoft AK replica case. The OP somehow can confidently claim race isn't involved here (fine, somehow she knows) but where will she be when the next minority is involved in a similar incidence?

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Man Allegedly Shot Dead By Police In Wal-Mart For Carrying BB Gun He Picked Up In

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    Trained professionals should be capable of taking out a suspect without killing him/her. We are not talking about the average trigger happy Joe.
    And you know this how? What happens when the cops only have seconds to assess the scene? What if tazers and spray have failed?

    "Should" isn't how life always works out, is it?

    There is are multiple excellent quality video of a cop shooting where video clearly shows the cop trying every possible resolution before being attacked.

    Things change fast.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Man Allegedly Shot Dead By Police In Wal-Mart For Carrying BB Gun He Picked Up In

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post


    Sure, I'll do that as soon as you pass a remedial English class.
    Already don. And a few elective English classes in collage as well. You may want to educate yourself on both the informal nature on online forums and common problems with mobil apps people use to access them.

    So happy gun-pointing Do let us know where to send the flowers.

  6. #36
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    Re: Man Allegedly Shot Dead By Police In Wal-Mart For Carrying BB Gun He Picked Up In

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    Trained professionals should be capable of taking out a suspect without killing him/her. We are not talking about the average trigger happy Joe.
    Ummmm, no. Trained professionals are capable of many things, I'd suggest you let the stress monkey climb on your back and then decide what can and can't be done in a deadly confrontation. There is abso-freakin-lutely zero guarantee a 'wound' shot will stop an attacker from continuing the attack. Using a firearm is by it's very definition deadly force, to attempt to use it as anything else is only going to get more LEO's killed, not to mention up the percentage of rounds carrying past the assailant to cause grief elsewhere.

    The degree of marksmanship you are wanting is extremely difficult to achieve on a nice one way range with a stationary target. In a real world, you are putting your life on the line scenario- damn near impossible.

    Perhaps the worse dis-service Hollywood does to LEOs are the steady fantasy scenes where the good guy can shoot a pistol out of another's hand from horse back, or 50 yards away, and then hit the pistol on the ground repeatedly.

  7. #37
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,532

    Re: Man Allegedly Shot Dead By Police In Wal-Mart For Carrying BB Gun He Picked Up In

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post

    Both the pig who shot him and the idiot who called 911 should be prosecuted.
    Seriously man....that's about THE most ignorant post I've seen in the past few weeks.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Man Allegedly Shot Dead By Police In Wal-Mart For Carrying BB Gun He Picked Up In

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Seriously man....that's about THE most ignorant post I've seen in the past few weeks.
    Could you explain why you feel that way?

    The way I see it, some idiot called 911 because he saw someone holding a gun in a gun store. Having a gun in your hands is not unusual or anything to be alarmed about in a gun store, and it's certainly not illegal. Then the pig came in and shot the guy even though he had broken no laws, nor had he threatened anyone.

    It's murder, plain and simple.

  9. #39
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,158

    Re: Man Allegedly Shot Dead By Police In Wal-Mart For Carrying BB Gun He Picked Up In

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    I agree. I just wish cops would learn to shoot to stop, not to kill, by whatever means possible. Train to shoot at the arm, minimizing the threat while avoiding any loss of life.



    It's a nice thought, but it is not feasible.


    There is no where you can shoot a human being that may not result in death; most locations that are less lethal are also less likely to stop someone.

    Also, if they're shooting them PRESUMABLY it is because they appear to pose a deadly threat to someone. Half-assing that situation is a good way to die.



    It's not practical. It's also a lot harder to target specific body parts in a real shooting incident than some might think.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  10. #40
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: Man Allegedly Shot Dead By Police In Wal-Mart For Carrying BB Gun He Picked Up In

    Quote Originally Posted by Paxaeon View Post
    `
    "On Wednesday, 22-year-old John Crawford was shot dead inside a Wal-Mart by police in Beavercreek, Ohio, after a shopper called 911 to report someone inside with a gun. Now, Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine says the gun Crawford was carrying was a BB gun known as a variable pump air rifle — a target-shooting and small game-hunting gun made to look like a real, more deadly weapon.

    The MK-177 Crosman BB/Pellet Rifle gun is stocked in the shelves at Wal-Mart, and relatives of Crawford’s say he wasn’t carrying any gun when he entered Wal-Mart. He reportedly picked up the gun in the toy section of the store. The store says it has since been told to remove the gun from its shelves.

    Some witnesses say Crawford was pointing the gun at customers and children, and did not comply with police commands. But Crawford’s family has asked state civil rights groups including the NAACP to look into the shooting. Crawford was black." - Source - Screen shot
    `
    `
    `

    This is a tragic event but I do not blame the police in this.

    First off, the race of the suspect is completely irrelevant. If the news story is correct, he was pointing a toy gun, made to look realistic, at people in the store. The police acted prudently.

    `
    I owned one of those pellet guns as a teen. If you pump it up you can cause someone serious injury-maybe even fatal if you hit them in the eye or throat



Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •