Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 581

Thread: Christian Leader: ISIS is Beheading Children[W:131]

  1. #341
    Educator Frodly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Last Seen
    06-26-16 @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    684

    Re: ISIS Beheading and Crucifying Christians in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    I know its a cancer on the world. Both of my parents spent time all over the ME (Egypt, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon) teaching at various American schools. They told me how poorly Arabs treat not just Christians and Jews, but each other. Both experienced threats and there was an attack on one school. Not all were islamist, some were "just" political and anti-American.

    Islamism is more than a religion/govt/judiciary...it is a cancer on the world and it wont be stopped until its excised.

    Islamism is a political trend. It will be excised by its own inefficacy!! People whose solutions to all the worlds problems is Islam, cannot but fail to govern in a way that is even remotely approaching competency. Arab socialism and Arab Nationalism were the dominant political trends of the 20th century. It was the failures of those political ideologies, mixed with the promotion of Islamism by America and American backed dicators, the withdrawal of state services that accompanied the rise of neoliberalism (and Muslim organizations stepping in in their place), and the rise in influence of Gulf oil states (where the most radical strands of Islam originate) that saw Islamism rise as a force. It will fall away as soon as people realize Islamism isn't equipped to deal with the problems of a modern state. The thing to worry about is not that it will spread across the globe, nor the specter of Islam that is spreading over Europe, nor any other such bigoted nonsense. It is that hundreds of thousands of people in the Middle East (if not more) will lose their lives and homes before the rest of the people of the region realize this.
    I'm a Tarte, what!! You want some of this??

    To argue with a man who has renounced his reason is like giving medicine to the dead. -- Thomas Paine

  2. #342
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: ISIS Beheading and Crucifying Christians in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Frodly View Post
    Islamism is a political trend. It will be excised by its own inefficacy!! People whose solutions to all the worlds problems is Islam, cannot but fail to govern in a way that is even remotely approaching competency. Arab socialism and Arab Nationalism were the dominant political trends of the 20th century. It was the failures of those political ideologies, mixed with the promotion of Islamism by America and American backed dicators, the withdrawal of state services that accompanied the rise of neoliberalism (and Muslim organizations stepping in in their place), and the rise in influence of Gulf oil states (where the most radical strands of Islam originate) that saw Islamism rise as a force. It will fall away as soon as people realize Islamism isn't equipped to deal with the problems of a modern state. The thing to worry about is not that it will spread across the globe, nor the specter of Islam that is spreading over Europe, nor any other such bigoted nonsense. It is that hundreds of thousands of people in the Middle East (if not more) will lose their lives and homes before the rest of the people of the region realize this.
    Islamism isn't new and its not going away-the artifact was apolitical Islam-a result of arab nationalism.
    Islamists have asked the question, "If Islam is a way of life, how can we say that those who want to live by its principles in legal, social, political, economic, and political spheres of life are not Muslims, but Islamists and believe in Islamism, not [just] Islam?"[25] Similarly, a writer for the International Crisis Group maintains that "the conception of 'political Islam'" is a creation of Americans to explain the Iranian Islamic Revolution and apolitical Islam was an historical fluke of the "shortlived heyday of secular Arab nationalism between 1945 and 1970," and it is quietist/non-political Islam, not Islamism, that requires explanation.[26]
    Islamism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by US Conservative; 08-12-14 at 03:05 AM.

  3. #343
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: ISIS Beheading and Crucifying Christians in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    I don't know if the pics are authentic or not.... but the lack of blood on the beheaded girl seems odd.
    As compared to what you've seen in movies? I take students on my medic shifts-and they always remark about that-lethal injuries often bleed very little-that can be because they dont HAVE anymore blood, or because their heart stopped almost immediately.

  4. #344
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: ISIS Beheading and Crucifying Christians in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    I don't know if the pics are authentic or not.... but the lack of blood on the beheaded girl seems odd.
    Here are more of the photos which may or not be authentic. Horrific new photographs of ISIS atrocities | Mail Online

  5. #345
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    01-14-18 @ 02:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,475

    Re: ISIS Beheading and Crucifying Christians in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    As compared to what you've seen in movies? I take students on my medic shifts-and they always remark about that-lethal injuries often bleed very little-that can be because they dont HAVE anymore blood, or because their heart stopped almost immediately.

    So...you're saying there wouldn't be any blood if the head was cut off after death? Not even a few drops around the collar?

  6. #346
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: ISIS Beheading and Crucifying Christians in Iraq

    There is propaganda, disinformation and deceit all around.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #347
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: ISIS Beheading and Crucifying Christians in Iraq

    Interesting vid on Christians in Iraq...stuck between ISIS and the Kurds.

  8. #348
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: ISIS Beheading and Crucifying Christians in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    So...you're saying there wouldn't be any blood if the head was cut off after death? Not even a few drops around the collar?
    Yes, but that does not mean it happened here. I wish I could say ISIS wasn't dismembering or crucifying people after death. The point is you can't assume anything from that picture.

  9. #349
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: ISIS Beheading and Crucifying Christians in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Yes, but that does not mean it happened here. I wish I could say ISIS wasn't dismembering or crucifying people after death. The point is you can't assume anything from that picture.
    Right, that's the point. There's plenty of propaganda.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #350
    Educator Frodly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Last Seen
    06-26-16 @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    684

    Re: ISIS Beheading and Crucifying Christians in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yes, it's all America's fault. Muslims are murdering innocent people all over the world and somehow it will always be the fault of the Americans.

    Again, do you know anything about the history? America spent decades and billions of dollars promoting Islamist groups. That is a fact. Until the 1970s and more the 1980s, secular groups dominated the political landscape in the Middle East. American interests were better served by Islamist groups, who were content with obtaining conservative social reforms, than by leftist and nationalist groups who would challenge the status quo in relation to oil politics. Nationalists/leftist like Mossadeq challenged that status quo and were deposed. Others like them were repressed and imprisoned by their local dictators. Islamism was certainly organic in some ways, but in many ways it was manufactured by the political structures of the region.
    Last edited by Frodly; 08-12-14 at 03:37 AM.
    I'm a Tarte, what!! You want some of this??

    To argue with a man who has renounced his reason is like giving medicine to the dead. -- Thomas Paine

Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •