Page 29 of 59 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 581

Thread: Christian Leader: ISIS is Beheading Children[W:131]

  1. #281
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: ISIS Beheading and Crucifying Christians in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I can point to MANY American Muslims sites where they are denouncing the violence. The problem is that media doesn't want to cover it, but it is out there.
    I suppose that is a problem then. That is why I wrote there seems to be silence from areas where I would expect Muslims to be the loudest. They should be in the news with protests and denouncements. I just don't see it, but that doesn't mean it's not happening. Considering what ISIS, AQ, MB and others are doing in the name of Islam, I would expect more would be done to correct the perception.

  2. #282
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: ISIS Beheading and Crucifying Christians in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yeah, because my Muslim neighbor is just like ISIS.

    Yes, radical Islam exists, that doesn't mean EVERYONE that follows Islam is a terorist and supports ISIS.
    Thats a strawman, but in any case its the radicals driving the agenda.

  3. #283
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: ISIS Beheading and Crucifying Christians in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Thats a strawman, but in any case its the radicals driving the agenda.
    Yes, I agree it is RADICALS, that doesn't mean ANY follower of Islam. The radical element IS a threat and needs to be dealt with I agree. I'm just not going around blaming EVERY Muslim for what's going on when in fact there are millions of them that do denounce the violence.

  4. #284
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: ISIS Beheading and Crucifying Christians in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    ISIS is in Iraq because a weak liberal allowed them to be. It happened on his watch, as a direct consequence of his policies.
    Everyone but the left knows this.
    Leftists know it too. But most of them devotedly serve in this President's fanny-covering squads, because they share his resentment of, and contempt for, the United States. These people secretly cheer whenever this country gets whatever they believe is its comeuppance.

    That's why, after 9/11, Ward "Sitting Bull" Churchill, the despicable commie and fake Indian who used to indoctrinate students at Colorado Boulder, dared to slander the people murdered at the World Trade Center as "little Eichmanns." They got what they deserved, he thought, for helping the evil, Nazi-like system of American capitalism. And Mr. Obama's longtime friend Jeremiah Wright meant something similar when he said, "America, your chickens have come home to roost."

  5. #285
    stb
    Nilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Beantown
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:04 PM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    6,217

    Re: ISIS Beheading and Crucifying Christians in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yes, I agree it is RADICALS, that doesn't mean ANY follower of Islam. The radical element IS a threat and needs to be dealt with I agree. I'm just not going around blaming EVERY Muslim for what's going on when in fact there are millions of them that do denounce the violence.
    People are more than just their religion, but that doesn't change the fact that Islam is a radical religion in and of itself. The reason ISIS are bad and your neighbours are good is because ISIS are stricter adherents to the scripture than your neighbours are.
    "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" - JFK

  6. #286
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: ISIS Beheading and Crucifying Christians in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yes, I agree it is RADICALS, that doesn't mean ANY follower of Islam. The radical element IS a threat and needs to be dealt with I agree. I'm just not going around blaming EVERY Muslim for what's going on when in fact there are millions of them that do denounce the violence.
    He wasn't speaking for each and every muslim everywhere ever. Be cool-he was making a generalization-generalizations are useful and you make them daily. In any case, its a red herring-dont be so easily distracted-the issue isnt the word "all", its islamic moderates NOT speaking out or appearing to have any effect against islamists. Conflicts with islamists are probably the driving political issue these days-and islamists are pouring into asia and africa.

  7. #287
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: ISIS Beheading and Crucifying Christians in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Leftists know it too. But most of them devotedly serve in this President's fanny-covering squads, because they share his resentment of, and contempt for, the United States. These people secretly cheer whenever this country gets whatever they believe is its comeuppance.

    That's why, after 9/11, Ward "Sitting Bull" Churchill, the despicable commie and fake Indian who used to indoctrinate students at Colorado Boulder, dared to slander the people murdered at the World Trade Center as "little Eichmanns." They got what they deserved, he thought, for helping the evil, Nazi-like system of American capitalism. And Mr. Obama's longtime friend Jeremiah Wright meant something similar when he said, "America, your chickens have come home to roost."
    Thats how it works with the left-they claim to care but every so often they display their true colors and its horrifying. A few pages back, in THIS thread, a poster suggested that the awful pics coming out of Iraq of 2 year old girls being beheaded were doctored or fakes.

    Enough of the platitudes and feel good BS-thats what got us into this mess-and we will ignore it at our own peril.

  8. #288
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: ISIS Beheading and Crucifying Christians in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Nilly View Post
    People are more than just their religion, but that doesn't change the fact that Islam is a radical religion in and of itself. The reason ISIS are bad and your neighbours are good is because ISIS are stricter adherents to the scripture than your neighbours are.
    Islam is NOT just a religion-its a govt/political and legal structure as well, and for the vast majority of its history (and still in many places, more and more) it has been this way.

    This is another reason why its so hard to address-one can superimpose secular law and govts on muslims, but there is always this other system, and to ignore completely either of these implies not being a proper muslim.

  9. #289
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: ISIS Beheading and Crucifying Christians in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Thats how it works with the left-they claim to care but every so often they display their true colors and its horrifying. A few pages back, in THIS thread, a poster suggested that the awful pics coming out of Iraq of 2 year old girls being beheaded were doctored or fakes.

    Enough of the platitudes and feel good BS-thats what got us into this mess-and we will ignore it at our own peril.
    Maybe more peril is what the US needs to jolt us into accepting policies that will protect us going forward. Let me take a devil's advocate view here.... Obama claimed a red line, spoke to the press, had mitigating military options on the table.... 10,000 people dead, 50,000 people dead - multiple chemical attacks - 80,000 people dead in Syria, 100,000+ people dead in Syria. Nothing.

    We have an open border in the south of our country with border agents babysitting instead of patrolling - think terrorists haven't already come over that border? We're already in peril. This administration is willing to sell out anyone's safety to further their political policies.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #290
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: ISIS Beheading and Crucifying Christians in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by Nilly View Post
    People are more than just their religion, but that doesn't change the fact that Islam is a radical religion in and of itself. The reason ISIS are bad and your neighbours are good is because ISIS are stricter adherents to the scripture than your neighbours are.
    That may be your opinion, but the same could be said about the bible itself. There are always those that use the bible or other religious texts in a radical way either to gain or abuse power.

    The religion is not to blame, the interpretation of the religion is. Again, I'm not saying radical Islam is not a threat, but there is a reason it is RADICAL Islam and not Islam.

Page 29 of 59 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •