Page 27 of 59 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 581

Thread: Christian Leader: ISIS is Beheading Children[W:131]

  1. #261
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: ISIS Beheading and Crucifying Christians in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Any beheading is upsetting, that is why I know longer look at them. And I agree with world needs to band together. What I'm tired of seeing is the world doing nothing and expecting the U.S. to foot the bill for everything with money and lives only to turn on us and say how bad we are for doing it.

    While I personally would like to see ISIS wiped off the map, I agree with Obama that we shouldn't be going back there boots on the ground without the world behind us and contributed equally in money and/or lives.
    I agree with you're perspective. This is a global issue, and shouldn't be just for the US to address. The pictures should be shown to leaders of those countries, (I'm sure they've likely seen them) and the question of complacency should be asked.

    Don't click on this link if you want to avoid seeing what Islam and Isis is all about. I post it so those who doubt what is going on can see the truth.

    Gruesome Pictures Of ISIS Executing Christians In Iraq & Syria Surfaces Online | 360Nobs.com

  2. #262
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: ISIS Beheading and Crucifying Christians in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    My wife showed me pictures of beheaded children and others yesterday from a website she found a link to. Needless to say, it was EXTREMELY upsetting. These pictures, as disturbing as they remain to me today, should be circulated, so the world understands what Islam and ISIS represents.

    I'm not sure how it would be done, but it's time for the free nations of the world to band together and remove this evil from the planet.
    There was a picture of a Christian woman they had stripped, and they slit her throat and bleeding her out into a bucket like she was a damn goat. This is evil. If an individual in the US did this we'd be devoting resources to his capture, trial, and punishment.

    A GROUP of arab thugs does it like its cool-and we get a very tepid response from Obama. Public opinion on this will depend on media coverage but part of the benefit of a nearly endless string of scandals and disasters is this getting glossed over.

    THIS is the group we set out to fight the war on terror against.

  3. #263
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: ISIS Beheading and Crucifying Christians in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    I was expecting a nuanced answer like "all countries could have contributed troops and money." Heres how the world works-each nation looks after its own best interests-its only if these overlap and the political environment is right that you see cooperation in such matters. Most nations dont have the capability, let alone the inclination to really contribute.

    Remember Obama's strikes in Libya? Did you know while we got superficial support from other nations (Italy, France), we just GAVE them missiles to launch and bombs to drop?

    What you are going to see, in a world with less US involvement, and more by Russia and China is more of this type of even (child massacres) because thats how the world is, and nobody else will step in to do anything.

    Isolationism sounds great now to some, perhaps like it did on 9/10-and in the meantime things like this become more common.
    I'm not wanting isolationism, what I am wanting is contributions equally by all countries in the U.N. on THIS matter. It is quite clear to EVERYONE in the U.N. that ISIS needs to be stopped. Therefore ALL countries in the U.N. should be contributing EQUALLY in money and/or troops to accomplish this.

    I'll say again we CANNOT afford to be the SOLE world's police force anymore. We can't afford it economically, politically, or with our soldier's lives. If you think we can, then you better be booking a trip with some private security group and man up and join the fight regardless of your age. Go right ahead and put YOUR money and life for this. Can't do it? Stop armchair quarterbacking then and welcome to reality.

  4. #264
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: ISIS Beheading and Crucifying Christians in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    A better question might be what the UN might have done. Saddam Hussein's Defiance of United Nations Resolutions
    Exactly, wish I could say that this was an isolated case, but the UN is a corrupt and inept organization.

  5. #265
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: ISIS Beheading and Crucifying Christians in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    There was a picture of a Christian woman they had stripped, and they slit her throat and bleeding her out into a bucket like she was a damn goat. This is evil. If an individual in the US did this we'd be devoting resources to his capture, trial, and punishment.

    A GROUP of arab thugs does it like its cool-and we get a very tepid response from Obama. Public opinion on this will depend on media coverage but part of the benefit of a nearly endless string of scandals and disasters is this getting glossed over.

    THIS is the group we set out to fight the war on terror against.
    I can't conjure up the proper words to describe these biomasses of Islam properly. The level of raw evil is almost beyond my ability to comprehend. The silence and indifference of so many seems similar to the silence and indifference of those people living near Concentration Camps. It's all fine until no one is left to protect the silent when evil comes knocking on their door.

  6. #266
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,186
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ISIS Beheading and Crucifying Christians in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I'm not wanting isolationism, what I am wanting is contributions equally by all countries in the U.N. on THIS matter. It is quite clear to EVERYONE in the U.N. that ISIS needs to be stopped. Therefore ALL countries in the U.N. should be contributing EQUALLY in money and/or troops to accomplish this.

    I'll say again we CANNOT afford to be the SOLE world's police force anymore. We can't afford it economically, politically, or with our soldier's lives. If you think we can, then you better be booking a trip with some private security group and man up and join the fight regardless of your age. Go right ahead and put YOUR money and life for this. Can't do it? Stop armchair quarterbacking then and welcome to reality.
    I would normally agree with this statement that the world needs to help foot the bill and responsibility, because they sure benefit from our efforts there. When Bush caught hell for the Iraq insurgency and civil war, he came out with the statement, "America is addicted to oil." Meaning to me that the war there was more about strategic energy assets, then removing dangerous dictators or spreading democracy.

    My point is that the US broke Iraq's infrastructure and social control, then when we cobbled it back together with a sectarian moron like Maliki, and tried to completely extricate ourselves from anymore responsibilities. I agree we should've never went in 2003 and that Obama trying to pull out completely was eventually necessary, but it didn't work and we are primarily at fault.

    If we can build an international coalition force to help solve Iraq's power vacuum that has filled with thugs, then fine, but we can't abdicate responsibility for the slaughter of all those people we supposedly tried to originally save. Powell said it, "you brake it, you buy it" and so it is.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  7. #267
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: ISIS Beheading and Crucifying Christians in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I'm not wanting isolationism, what I am wanting is contributions equally by all countries in the U.N. on THIS matter.
    All countries simply can't do it, and even if they could it wouldnt be equal, and even if it was they wont want to.

    Its almost like international diplomacy is hard.

  8. #268
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: ISIS Beheading and Crucifying Christians in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    I can't conjure up the proper words to describe these biomasses of Islam properly. The level of raw evil is almost beyond my ability to comprehend. The silence and indifference of so many seems similar to the silence and indifference of those people living near Concentration Camps. It's all fine until no one is left to protect the silent when evil comes knocking on their door.
    Some examples from the religion of peace today-there is a photo of a 7 year old posing with a severed head. Hamas, which spent 40% of its budget digging tunnels in Gaza has executed its tunnel diggers, and apparently killed well over 100 children after they dug them.

  9. #269
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: ISIS Beheading and Crucifying Christians in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    If we can build an international coalition force to help solve Iraq's power vacuum that has filled with thugs, then fine, but we can't abdicate responsibility for the slaughter of all those people we supposedly tried to originally save. Powell said it, "you brake it, you buy it" and so it is.
    Unfortunately we cannot afford any longer to just go it alone. As much as you may want to "fix" something that is broken, sometimes you just HAVE to have help to fix it. This is one of those times.

  10. #270
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: ISIS Beheading and Crucifying Christians in Iraq

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    All countries simply can't do it, and even if they could it wouldnt be equal, and even if it was they wont want to.

    Its almost like international diplomacy is hard.
    Well if they want this ISIS problem solved they are going to have to. Especially the ME countries and European countries.

    Here's the thing, what do you think will happen in the world when the U.S. economy crashes and then we CAN'T do anything at all? We simply cannot go at this alone anymore. We cannot afford it any longer both in lives and money.

    To be quite honest, with ISIS if it keeps getting worse and worse, the awful solution would be to turn that area into glass.

Page 27 of 59 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •