Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 53

Thread: $50,000 in marijuana stolen from Seattle dispensary

  1. #41
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,482

    Re: $50,000 in marijuana stolen from Seattle dispensary

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    You DO know that some people steal cars...right?

    Yours is such a goofy response. A crime happened. Crime happens.
    Yes it is goofy, sure it is.

    One of the big selling points to legalizing pot is that crime and the cartels will go away.

    That is the goofy part, that people believe that.

  2. #42
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,482

    Re: $50,000 in marijuana stolen from Seattle dispensary

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    The price of MJ in Washington is something like $25 a gram. Do the math. It's not competitively priced.

    You also have to be over 21, which is another lol worthy **** up.

    How many people here started smoking pot when they were teenagers? Damn, that sure is a lot of hands.
    I understand the situation, however the big selling point is that there will be no more crime and the cartels will disappear when pot is legalized.

    That of course will not happen but it is the first thing people say about legalization anyway.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: $50,000 in marijuana stolen from Seattle dispensary

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    But isn't street dealing dead now that MJ has been legalized?

    I thought that is what we were all told. Legalize it and the cartels will go away.
    What an ignorant assumption. First, it's only been a few weeks in Washington and a few months in Colorado. Do you think drug cartels will wilt in a moment? Also, drug dealers sell drugs other than marijuana. Then there is the fact that underage people will still have to buy from a dealer, but now that it's legal for adults, the police can concentrate on these illegal dealers.

  4. #44
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,722

    Re: $50,000 in marijuana stolen from Seattle dispensary

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Yes it is goofy, sure it is.

    One of the big selling points to legalizing pot is that crime and the cartels will go away.

    That is the goofy part, that people believe that.
    No one is stupid enough to believe crime will ever go away. With legalization it will definitely be reduced. However...as it has only been legal for a short period of time it is highly unlikely that it will end crime instantly.

    But extend your lack of logic. Jewelry sales are legal, yet people still steal and sell jewelry. Cars are legal to purchase, yet people still steal cars and resell them, and yes...marijuana is valuable so someone will be inclined to steal it. Just like they rob legal pharmacies today and steal pain pills.

  5. #45
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,482

    Re: $50,000 in marijuana stolen from Seattle dispensary

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    What an ignorant assumption. First, it's only been a few weeks in Washington and a few months in Colorado. Do you think drug cartels will wilt in a moment? Also, drug dealers sell drugs other than marijuana. Then there is the fact that underage people will still have to buy from a dealer, but now that it's legal for adults, the police can concentrate on these illegal dealers.
    That is my point, genius. The cartel will never go away, but that dopesn't stop the legalization crowd from using that as the #1 reason why pot should be legalized.

  6. #46
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,482

    Re: $50,000 in marijuana stolen from Seattle dispensary

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    No one is stupid enough to believe crime will ever go away. With legalization it will definitely be reduced. However...as it has only been legal for a short period of time it is highly unlikely that it will end crime instantly.

    But extend your lack of logic. Jewelry sales are legal, yet people still steal and sell jewelry. Cars are legal to purchase, yet people still steal cars and resell them, and yes...marijuana is valuable so someone will be inclined to steal it. Just like they rob legal pharmacies today and steal pain pills.
    I am sorry if you missed my point.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: $50,000 in marijuana stolen from Seattle dispensary

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    What an ignorant assumption. First, it's only been a few weeks in Washington and a few months in Colorado. Do you think drug cartels will wilt in a moment? Also, drug dealers sell drugs other than marijuana. Then there is the fact that underage people will still have to buy from a dealer, but now that it's legal for adults, the police can concentrate on these illegal dealers.
    I have already provided the price of MJ in Washington per gram and there is expected to only be something like 25 stores in the entire state of Washington. Furthermore, as it stands, Washington is not giving out any more licenses at the moment. So not only is the price too high, but chances are you won't find a store near you.

    Cartels won't wilt at all because the government has no intention of allowing people to buy what they want free of government intervention. Guess what? Cigarettes have a black market too and do you know why? The government.
    Last edited by Henrin; 08-07-14 at 04:43 PM.

  8. #48
    Educator

    WillyPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,187

    Re: $50,000 in marijuana stolen from Seattle dispensary

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    If you are restricted to selling or growing something only under the approval of the state there isn't an amateur market for it.
    I'm looking forward to a time when it's generally available nationwide, more in the vein of Colorado than the peculiar hodge podge of rules Washington has come up with. It used to see a very long ways away, but things seem to be accelerating.


    I mean the act of making it illegal is nonsense. Sorry, I forgot a word. Making a plant illegal to grow, import, or sell is nonsensical since it comes from the earth and is nothing but part of the world in which we live. If we can't even accept all plants as part of life we might as well just give up on life as we are obviously not fit for it.
    No argument here, though a person could say the same of tobacco, opium, and cocaine, which have much more potential to do harm.

    I tend to believe prohibition is counter-productive in those cases too, but marijuana is an extreme example of what government should not be blowing resources on.

  9. #49
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,722

    Re: $50,000 in marijuana stolen from Seattle dispensary

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    I am sorry if you missed my point.
    I get your point. You are opposed to legalization of marijuana and think this somehow proves your position. It does not. It just makes you look silly. Stop it.

  10. #50
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: $50,000 in marijuana stolen from Seattle dispensary

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    If you witnessed the event and know that no guns or violence was involved, I hope you hop on the phone and provide your eyewitness account.
    Since there's no report of gunfire or victim of violence, I'm pretty sure I can determine that if guns were present they offered no violence upon a victim.

    Surely you can see that. Come on, John, we were starting to get along and then you do this foolishness?
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •